Goodbye Jesus

Is There An Afterlife?

Brother Jeff

I believe in an afterlife. I believe everything living has an energy that keeps it living. When we die that energy is released and becomes something else, a different state of energy--it could be as an immortal body of energy or just become the life energy for the next human to be born or become an atom that burns in a star. If we go on to another plane or universe after we die, then I would like to be with my family and friends from this life. I doubt I would enjoy the xtian version of heaven.

I don't know if there is life after death, or ghosts for that matter. I've had unexplained events occur that could be contributed to a 'ghost' but I have yet to see one manifest itself enough to talk to it or take a photo of it. I personally like the idea of the Native American happy hunting ground or reincarnation. There were Jews who taught reincarnation as it was well known in ancient days and they still argue over it today. When it comes to reincarnation, I don't believe I come back as a lower life form because I was cursed in another life. I believe reincarnation is the result of the luck of the draw just like being born, you live with what you have been dealt.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pandora

• R. S. Martin

• Jun

• Brother Jeff

I have started to read "Michael Newton: "Journey of souls" and "destiny of sould" ( http://www.amazon.com/Journey-Souls-Studie...7928&sr=8-1 ).

I am interested in it because I am doing a training in hypnosis and he is a hypnotherapist.

Here a short version of the theory

http://www.near-death.com/newton.html

At the moment I am just courious, because I do believe, that the soul is eternal. Maybe the only reason is, that I am romantic.

Guest Net Eng

"Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome."

-- Isaac Asimov

Afterlife? Maybe. Don't know for sure.

...but I'm damn sure we will all find out.

I don't think so. But I reserve the right to imagine I'll go to Middle-Earth when I kick it. ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Of course, there is the possibility that there is no life after death, simply because there is no such thing as death. Suppose that there is only life, and what's lacking is simply our understanding of it, so we compartmentalize it just as we tend to do with everything else?

Rob

No life after death, only perfect peace profound...absence from all sentience - AND I DON'T WANT TO BE BURIED IN A BOX! Its just not natural. Wrap me up, and throw me in a dirt hole in the ground and let me became fertilizer damnit!

Edit: My favorite band's lead singer admires Krishnamurti, Ed Kowalczyk. I might have to look him up. :)

I love LIVE, too.

Jeff, I voted that I'm not sure and no, not afraid. I guess my view, sort of, is that all the history of mankind has produced a collective consciousness. This consciousness goes on after the so-called 'individual' dies. Fr'instance, Uncle Bob might have been an intellectual of some substance. His words of wisdom to his kids and nephews, etc. live on as they have affected the way the world goes to some degree. See, i understand that EVERYTHING I do, whether it's buying a green shirt instead of a blue one, or whatever, has been affected by everyone else ever and will itself affect everyone else ever. How? In some ways, life is like a massive game of "six degrees", only there's a LOT more degrees. We are all interconnected and I believe that a person's essence, which was formed by so much, goes on to contribute to the forming of what will be, in the next minute, day, year, century, eon and until whenever.

After all, NONE of you have never read a single post on ex-christian.net until... NOW. Right, Jun? ;)

Very good point - the consequences of our actions do effect the ongoing lives of others even after we pass on before. In fact I think that humans and their constructs actually directly influence reality, and that statement is reaffirmed in the idea of cause and effect. We leave behind artifcats that may influence humanity - books are powerful artifacts, and I think the bible writers were aware of that are were secretly afraid of death - hoping that they would live on in the "good book"...

what no Pastafarian afterlife, of Beer volcano, and robotic Stripper assembly line? gahhhhhh

no Jedi Afterlife, of being a luminesent being of light?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest graaaaaaaagh

I don't know if there is an afterlife but (hopefully) thanks to near-future technology someone as young as I am won't have to care.

It'd be cool if the Raelians were right, minus the weird alien shit. As in, we could just have ourselves implanted into good-looking clones once every 150 years or so.

Anyone ever seen the anime 'Ghost in the Shell'?