Goodbye Jesus

Shroud of turn a fake!

Colin Benson

Supplementary information:

This Ex-doubting Thomas was eager to use the Shroud as a sign of God.

(No. 2)

http://www.pdtsigns.com/

However, I would be interested to see atheists' analysis on other Top Signs.

Hiroshima 8 is creepy.

Yes, Virginia there was no Jesus...

Your thoughts on this?

I saw the shroud in person once. It was quite funny. A bunch of poor old catholic mothers weeping and crossing their chests. When I got up close I saw that Jesus was only 4 feet tall!

I got some dirty looks from the vecchie Italiane donne (old Italian women) when I commented at the size of their savior.

Where's JimmyDTD when you really need him?

Where's JimmyDTD when you really need him?

:eek: *suffers flashback*

Neil... did you have to remind me of him? :HaHa:

Oh come on... You know he was funny. I never saw anyone try to so hard to try to convince everyone of his holy snotrag.

I saw on National Geographic Channel that the Theory of the shroud was done by none other then Leonardo Da Vinci It was known as one of the first x-rays Hence why the head and body are not in the right proportion. It also explains the burn marks.

I like to think it's ironic people worship Leonardo, If there ever was a time traveler it would have been him.

National Geographic Channel

This Ex-doubting Thomas was eager to use the Shroud as a sign of God.

(No. 2)

Hiroshima 8 is creepy.

Why not start a thread? I think it would be interesting :)

I saw on National Geographic Channel that the  Theory of the  shroud was done by none other then  Leonardo Da Vinci  It was known as one of the first x-rays Hence why the head and body are not in the right proportion. It also explains the burn marks. 

I like to think it's ironic people worship Leonardo,  If there ever was a time traveler it would have been him.

National Geographic Channel

That was a great episode. I watched it and said to myself, "D'oh! Of course!!"

:Doh:

We already knew it couldn't be more than a few centuries old, but that's the nail in the coffin. Finally we can put the shroud to rest where it belongs : the grave.

Guest JP1283
We already knew it couldn't be more than a few centuries old, but that's the nail in the coffin. Finally we can put the shroud to rest where it belongs : the grave.

Can I use it as a cumrag? :HaHa:

Gives a brand new meaning to 'Come to Jesus' :HaHa:

Hiroshima 8 is creepy.

Don't believe everything you read.

Guest JP1283
Don't believe everything you read.

Indeed. If this were true, surely there would have been news coverage of people surviving the event. I've never even heard of them.

Can I use it as a cumrag?  :HaHa:

A fitting use....but it's just another piece of evidence on how the church scams people. How many "holy relics" did the Catholic church have in its prime?

• 2 weeks later...
Indeed.  If this were true, surely there would have been news coverage of people surviving the event.  I've never even heard of them.

Turns out its just another Catholic urban legend. They like making stuff up. :grin:

Well you have to bear in mind that during the height of its influence, the Catholic church actually relied financially on its peddling of so-called "Holy Relics", not selling them as such, but charging people to enter into their holy sanctum and touch them in order to bring about some magical salvation. So there are probably quite a few of these babies on the modern market too.

• 2 years later...
Guest RevDDM

Sorry to disappoint, but I have to agree with the "blind leading the blind" on this one... after all, they occasionally get one right every now and then.

The shroud of Turin must be a fake. The Bible says that Christ had a cloth wrapped around His head, and one around His body. They are spoken of as two separate cloths. Thus, the shroud of Turin shouldn't have the imprint of the real Christ Jesus' face on it; and, furthermore, if it were Christ's burial shroud, there would be a head-cloth included with it when the Catholics found it.

For those not smart enough to believe the Bible's historical facts, or the writings of Josephus, Pliny the Younger, or the Julio-Claudian Histories (yes, I got it right this time), think about this: in order for it to be possible that Christ walked out of the tomb, there would have to be a style of wrap that allowed for freedom of movement, without the risk of tripping on the material. In other words, it's the same reason a bride usually has someone holding her train behind her during her wedding march. :grin:

-D-

For those not smart enough to believe the Bible's historical facts, or the writings of Josephus, Pliny the Younger, or the Julio-Claudian Histories (yes, I got it right this time), think about this: in order for it to be possible that Christ walked out of the tomb, there would have to be a style of wrap that allowed for freedom of movement, without the risk of tripping on the material. In other words, it's the same reason a bride usually has someone holding her train behind her during her wedding march. :grin:

-D-

Well I am one of those folks here that must be dumb as dirt because I think there is virtually nothing in the New Testament that is "historical fact". Including a dead guy walking out of a tomb. Clothes, no clothes, totally immaterial.

• Super Moderator
Clothes, no clothes, totally immaterial.

Hah! Good one!

- Chris

Naked zombie jesus.

Who the zombie loving fuck necro-posts something from two thousand fucking FIVE and drags it back to the top of the zombie body pile?

For shits and giggles lets not do this again squiddly...

kFL