Goodbye Jesus

In a world without religion ....

Alice

I know that you're just kidding around but you reminded me what a good friend of mine, born and raised in Canada told me.  She said that they do not treat Americans very kindly and there is some crap going on over there too.  She is French/Canadian.  There are problems between the French and English speaking Canandians. Also the way she described Canadians treating Americans in grocery stores, regardless of French or English, doesn't sound pleasant either.

Oh my gosh, there are Americans in my grocery stores? *runs in fear*

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alice

• Ouroboros

• Cerise

• Vigile

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a belief around that the apparent recent rise in the number of Canadians visting Europe has come around because Americans have found it advantageous to pretend to be canadians so that that they don't have to spend their entire holiday answering to US foreign policy!

Once upon a time Americans were loved and welcomed everywhere in Europe - that perception of Americans as a 'group' has changed.

'us' and 'them' lines get drawn all the time - and most socieites (even canadian ones if their grocery stores are anything to go by!) seem to have their 'enemies' - groups they identify as 'dangerous'.

Where does this tendency come from?

Council Presidency for the United States.

The Presidential Council would consist of 12 members, each elected for a single, non-renewable twelve year term. 6 would be directly elected by the people, and 6 by Congress, with one election being held each year so that a single new member would be elected in the same year that the term of one of the twelve would end. Election by the people and by Congress would be staggered so that an election by each would happen every two years.

I like this idea, but I doubt the general populace will ever go for it. We'd have to rewrite the constitution for that, also.

Guest aexapo
I like this idea, but I doubt the general populace will ever go for it.  We'd have to rewrite the constitution for that, also.

It could be handled by a single amendment -- but, yeah -- it won't happen. We love our King-Presidents. And, most people thinks its better to do amendments about morality issues, or the with the deification of the US flag. Perhaps, after the economy collapses, we endure a christo-fascist-military regime for 25 years . . . after all THAT, then maybe we could create a kinder, gentler nation . . . to paraphrase another warmongering President.

Perhaps, after the economy collapses, we endure a christo-fascist-military regime for 25 years . . . after all THAT, then maybe we could create a kinder, gentler nation . . . to paraphrase another warmongering President.

Assuming there's anyone left.