Goodbye Jesus

14something Years Ago...

Guest Ephesos

Guest Ephesos

Yeah, it has been quite some time already... but it was an act worth remembering nonetheless.

Here in Germany, all you have to do to sign "off" is to go to the court (sounds silly, maybe, but it is like that) and declare you want to quit. You sign a corresponding slip of paper, and some days later you get the official confirmation that yu left for good. No more Church Taxes (good thing - I never paid those, heh!), and no more "belonging" to a criminal organisation.

Well, since the confirmation that arrives is sent by the court, and I was just 18 back then (could not get out any earlier, stupid laws...), my dad opened that up... and was shocked.

"What have you done?"

"I left for good - since you've read it anyway, now you know..."

"Yes, but you don't believe in god anymore?"

"Your god is there... but not alone... and why would I stay connected to something I couldn't care less about?"

"What? You're a satanist now?"

"Crap. There's more than just those two Bozos... they only have the most cheerleaders... in case you understand that someday, we can talk."

"..."

That left him halfway speechless.

Well, this was years ago.

From time to time, he still wants to have me "back", but it seems those attempts are becoming less...

at least he seemed quite reliefed when he found out I had not "switched sides", to his pint of view.

Too bad he likes this murderer Ratzinger... Only comment I had for that was that I hope this fellow follows his predecessor rather quickly.

'nuff said for now.

;)

So is your religion legally documented in Germany? I have never heard of anything like that. I am curious about it though. If you could provide a link explaining it, I would appreciate it.

Guest Ephesos

it is - mostly obviously because there is a church "tax" (some medieval relic...) - so, in your files, your confession is noted (so mine should read pagan right now, if they want it or not). Same is true for schools etc.

The only real stupid thing about it is, that if your parents were so stupid to have you in one of those silly monotheistic trashcans, you have to get "out" by signing this form, although you never voluntarily signed "in" at all...

is it government papers?that's strange.our church is just like give a coin box over and you put the money in

that is done over here as well - but they get their tax share, if you want to belong to them... monotheists are plain greedy, I guess... what was that again... Greed was among the 7 biggest sins, no? *eg*