Goodbye Jesus

Moses's Glowing Face

Guest end3

Close minded is not the same as dicipline. I discipline myself as do many other aspects of other religions. Faith without works is dead....more confirmation.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Grandpa Harley

• Ouroboros

• Legion

• Deva

That's it? One example and you guys are stumped? What about throwing me to the den. Sincerely, I enjoyed the conversation, and I will be back.

Not stumped... just not in the mood for dealing with a loud mouthed child.

The existence of Moses is far from proved, let alone his glowing face ... For that kind of effect to be observed in a human, then he'd be falling apart as the molecular bonding broke down. He'd not be doing much walking about, since you'd have all of the symptoms of being in the Gamma pulse of an atom bomb. TBH, if Moses did exist, the most likely reason for the veil is leprosy, or some skin disease that was classified by the translators of the OT as Leprosy.

From memory, a lot of those diseases were given name like 'brass face', 'glow face' etc, due to discolouration of the flesh. Names like this were common all along the silk road where leprosy was prevalent.

Now, it's not likely that anyone is going to say that the Jews were lead by Moses the leper, so some euphemism is appropriate...

I believe He was the creator, and His things work as to how He created them, the analyses techniques are real, as I have two of the three in my employment. Why would the properties change. Why wouldn't these properties agree with His text. I said I don't know about all of them, just have my explanation about that one.
My point exactly (I think?). Assuming again that any of this happened (which by the way is not nearly good enough to begin wildly positing such things on any level), being able to explain the phenomena with purely mundane nature renders the god hypothesis unnecessary. Can you show me how any of what you spoke of on the OP requires god (Y'know, besides believing that it somehow does)?

Close minded is not the same as dicipline. I discipline myself as do many other aspects of other religions. Faith without works is dead....more confirmation.

No child, the way you apply the word, it's the same thing. Faith is an abused word, from fides - latin for 'trust'... and your 'discipline' is just a blindfold to prop up your trust...

and more confirmation of what? I've seen you establish nothing save bad science is just bad science, with no redeeming features at all...

BTW anyone else noticed how Christian's wear their lack of knowledge like a badge of honour?

BTW anyone else noticed how Christian's wear their lack of knowledge like a badge of honour?

They do so because it is Biblical, "be like a child" and "blessed be the poor in spirit", "the meek will inherit the Earth", and "avoid long and useless discussions" etc... The perfect cult instruction book.

I think my IQ doubled when I de-converted.

DL,

I don't feel as I am a robot, as the Holy Spirit has given me a unique part to play in His role.

I am trying as hard as I can to listen, please put some ideas for discussion out there and I will think until I am blue. You are right, I don't all of where ya'll are coming from, but a little. Got my share of stories.

You may not feel like a robot, but you sure as hell sound like one. How old are you?

You started this thread, you got my feedback already. Now its up to you to "put some ideas for discussion out there." Hopefully, something more intelligent.

Dham,

How can you separate the created from the creator. His principles should be the same now as was then. Yes, it is mundane as you call it, but still, it agrees with what I am reading. What is the OP. I think what I am saying is these priciples happen because of God, not the lack thereof.

GH,

I'm still here. I am sure if you are zapped with enough energy, boom, but I am sure if I am burning, I will give off some light. I will have to do some reseach to see if one can live after emitting visible light.

I can't prove Moses lived, where is your proof he did not.

How can you deny that this website was to comfort people in a group. Why do you think we have differnent denominations. Why is there so much belief fighting. Why is that built in us or makes us mad when we are not agreed with. Forget the Christian proof/no proof arguments. Why do you immediately cast me into a group of Christians that are asses. Doesn't that reak of the superiority that they show you? No, we are better, no we are better, no we are better. I think what happens sometimes with Christians is we get excited because people care or pretend to care about us and we have identified with someone, like your group here. The brainwashing and doctrine is just as strong here. And when we get excited about identifing, we get excited about the process, yes, I am going to keep doing that, kind of like your ranking system on the side of the page, some of you are generals, kind of like deacons or elders GH. You have even put a great deal of effort into spreading the word. Why would you think that I would not feed your family or help fix a flat, or tell you to go get screwed if that is what you wanted. And you say that I am in error.

I don't know that anyone denied that this is a support group, and your sort is as welcomed as a Smirnoff saleman handing out samples at an AA meeting.

As to Moses, there is no extra biblical evidence of his existence, so all I know is that 'Moshe' is not a name until after the legend of Moses was rediscovered about the time of the second temple. There is no sign of the plagues of Egypt in either the archaeology of Egypt, or in the Egyptian record... but since you're the one making the extraordinary claims, it's down to you to bring some meat to the table, rather than lame hypothesis.

As to emitting light... you're simply a loud mouthed interloper who thinks that he's found something 'new' when even limited knowledge of physics would mean that the radiation involved would have all but reduced Moshe to a blast shadow on the hill. Do you even know the excitation energies of required to get elements like carbon to lase, which is what you're saying happened? Moshe's face became a multi-wavelength laser... The only place you're likely to find human trials for the kind of [fatal] energy levels involved will be classified until you're a lot older and no-one even remembers my name, if anyone ever admits to doing it to humans... Lasing flesh... what on earth do they teach children these days?

...what on earth do they teach children these days?

They teach them the Wobbly Babble, to make more Jezombi Cheesus Soldiers.

It's not science, Cap'n Solo...

It's not science, Cap'n Solo...

Well, it sure ain't.

I wonder when they'll start boiling their water for the coffee using prayer? Maybe soon we'll see demon exorcism to fix cars? Heck why not get MS Windows working by getting rid of those pesky bugs in tha naame Jeeeeizuhuss.

The dark Gods of MicroSoft require the blood of first born boys...

No, just people convienently ignore those posts. How do you explain that your mode of behavior is just like that of the Christians. You have supporters, tithe?. You have some in ignorace that blindly follow the corrupt, and you have some that are genuinely hurting, and looking for an answer to leaving Christianity. All is just as Chritians.....and it is all in the Bible. Where is your book that covers all that and how do you explain that there is one. And why is a large majority of the population fighting about on piece of ground that is supposed to be where my God resided. You seem to be a very smart individual, why are you leading people with hate. And yes, I am trying to lead as well, but with Love. I would rather choose Love. How smart are you? And it also states that the smart people don't get it. That too is in there. The difference is you are welcome with Jesus. Read the part on Grace, that one has eluded you.

Do I come in to your church and shit in the font, boy?

and why does anyone 'need' a book?

As to the rest... Do you know the history of the bible, oh little man who wants to lead?

And where do you think the non-believer goes? Your book says 'hell forever' so, where is the 'love' in that?

Interesting you came in claiming some sort of intellectual high ground; 'Excitation of electrons' my entire English arse. Basically you're now appealing to stupidity since being smart didn't work. If you're going to argue science, then turn up armed with some knowledge...

XRF is a non-distructive analytical tool, but doesn't see carbon. Still will have to do some checking.

You're saying that Moshe was zapped with enough X-ray radiation to glow? Jesus wept... his bones would have heated... and his flesh would have dry cooked on his bones...

X-rays are ionising radiation... God's teeth, X-RAYS!!! Dammit...

The dark Gods of MicroSoft require the blood of first born boys...

And human sacrifice in the form of beta testers (that's just another name for end users).

No, just people convienently ignore those posts. How do you explain that your mode of behavior is just like that of the Christians. You have supporters, tithe?. You have some in ignorace that blindly follow the corrupt, and you have some that are genuinely hurting, and looking for an answer to leaving Christianity. All is just as Chritians.....and it is all in the Bible. Where is your book that covers all that and how do you explain that there is one. And why is a large majority of the population fighting about on piece of ground that is supposed to be where my God resided. You seem to be a very smart individual, why are you leading people with hate. And yes, I am trying to lead as well, but with Love. I would rather choose Love. How smart are you? And it also states that the smart people don't get it. That too is in there. The difference is you are welcome with Jesus. Read the part on Grace, that one has eluded you.

Eeeh?!

Our mode of behavior of behavior is like the Christians? How so? Do we knock on doors, hand out tracks, have churches, influence and pay politicians to change laws? What exactly do we do that is the same?

Why should we have a book telling us "everything"? You have one book, and Christians can't still agree on things. So it obviously doesn't help to have a book!

And regarding the fight over Israel, that's a very interesting question. Maybe it's because Christians put so much emphasis on it, and put so much effort into telling the rest of the world how important it is? It wasn't that important until the Crusades started. Maybe you should ask why there is so much fight about Atheism? Maybe there is a sign that Atheism must be the Ultimate Truth™ and it's just demons fighting against it? You're here fighting against it too, so you must be possessed.

How can God reside in a country by the way? Didn't Jesus say God was within us? And he told the Jews before they became Christians, so it must apply to people in general... or?

Who's leading people with hate??? What kind of emotional argument is that? You're leading people with hate, and not with love, because you lie. Did you like that? If not, why do you say that to people you don't know?

After all experience I've had, I'd rather be smart than dumb and fooled.

End3, do you know what "Ex" in "Ex-Christian" really means? You can be dumb for Jesus, but maybe you should try to use a few more brain cells. You're talking to a bunch of people that used to be Christians. I was for 30 years, and we have people here that ever were Priests, Pastors, Teachers and Missionaries! Your Bible-talk doesn't really stick, because we're part of the generation that invented most of the arguments you use!

I think it translates "age", not forever. You are missing the point, the Bible continually points to the fact that God does not give up on His people, and has made a way for all to be with Him. You don't necessarily need a book, God's Spirit is with us and in us. I told you I will have to check on my physics knowledge, I'm not going anywhere....

Interesting you came in claiming some sort of intellectual high ground; 'Excitation of electrons' my entire English arse. Basically you're now appealing to stupidity since being smart didn't work. If you're going to argue science, then turn up armed with some knowledge...

:HaHa: I didn't think of that. Good point.

Look how smart I am... Blah blah Electrons... blah blah Quantum Loop Gravity Entanglement with Mickey Mouse Ears... aha, aha... I'm very smart... look at me... now everyone will bow down and convert to my private religion..

Later

You're so smart, but I'm stupid and that makes me right. Because only stupid people get what I say, and smart people are to smart to understand my stupidness. So bow down and convert because my secret stupidity will save you from my imaginary punishment!

You're saying that Moshe was zapped with enough X-ray radiation to glow? Jesus wept... his bones would have heated... and his flesh would have dry cooked on his bones...

Hmm... Microwave Moses.

I wonder did Noah use a shrink ray to fit all the animals on the arc?

I think it translates "age", not forever. You are missing the point, the Bible continually points to the fact that God does not give up on His people, and has made a way for all to be with Him. You don't necessarily need a book, God's Spirit is with us and in us. I told you I will have to check on my physics knowledge, I'm not going anywhere....

No, I'm not missing the point... Revelations is pretty unpleasant and how much 'torture' of the unfaithful is 'acceptable'? How long is an 'age'? and you keep saying you're not going any where... is that some sort of implied threat that you're going to keep hitting us with the dumb stick? Since you've rolled in with a half baked theory that would have fully baked Moshe, you don't know the origins of the book you're pushing as 'true' you don't seem to understand even basic physics, and you just keep parroting the same shit we've all heard for more years than you've been on the planet like it's of some possible interest to people recovering from the cult you claim to follow...

I think a village is missing an idiot, boy...

Dham,

How can you separate the created from the creator. His principles should be the same now as was then. Yes, it is mundane as you call it, but still, it agrees with what I am reading. What is the OP. I think what I am saying is these priciples happen because of God, not the lack thereof.

Why ask 'what created it' without a definitive answer to the question 'was it created'? This is what I meant when I said "besides your belief that god is required". Your OP omitted god from the equation of how Moses glowed. As if no part of it required god. That being said, what part of your answer to what supposedly happened to Moses Absolutely requires god to be a part of it at all?

I would liken this to the phenomenon of the MLB pitcher, who trains for years to hone his fastball, his curve ball, etc., but cannot be bothered to attribute his rise to prominence to anything other than the fact that he put his left sock on first before every game. It's superfluous, the sock donning ritual, and if he'd stop being crazy for just a second, he could come to accept that.

If your hypothesis can in any way function without the explicit placement of god somewhere to bridge the gap between cause and effect, and clearly yours does, then god is unnecessary to it.

I said I didn't care that you're an idiot? God, I must have thought that loud... I don't care you're an idiot no... I do care that you come here upsetting people with your banal platitudes when you're as much of an intrusion as herpes, and seemingly as persistent... so I'll continue to hand your arse until I get bored.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X-ray_fluorescence

read... when you're too dumb to read wiki, you're too dumb to be allowed sharps.

Well, Jesus could have walked on water, if it was ice.

And Jesus was burried in another tomb, so the tomb could have been empty, since the women walked to the wrong one.

Jesus made water to wine... sure, they were all drunk and couldn't tell the difference anyway.