Goodbye Jesus

Moses's Glowing Face

Guest end3

I am saying that Moses face glowed by being in the presence of a higher energy, God. He is saying that explanation is only conjecture, but can't rule out the possibility. I don't know where the toxic stuff comes in, tissue samples have about 19 different elements detected by the XRF we have availability to. That's it folks, I'm done. that explanation didn't come from my pastor.

A tissue sample isn't a human face, you idiot... and as I said, you involve the supernatural then all bets are off since you can make up any shit you like, which you did... so you provved precisely nothing.

And not even a member of Clergy could come up with that shit, since they don't need to...

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Grandpa Harley

• Ouroboros

• Legion

• Deva

Perhaps if I could formulate a hypothesis on why Rudolph's nose glows red, that might render the authenticity of Santa Clause a distinct possibility.

Listen, E3, it may sound exciting, the possibility that some scientifically detectable or reproducible thing is going on, whereby the power of god can be detected or measured using scientific apparatus.

But, as Gramps has explained, once the supernatural is involved, you don't need the middle men of science, evidence, or logic. If god wanted moses' face to glow or shine or incandesce, he would have done it...by mere will alone. God says it glows, it glows, by the all-powerful word. If god were all powerful and omniscient, we wouldn't have to look for evidence like stories of fluorescing faces from thousands of years ago. It'd be obvious as the friggin' sun.

Dham,

Thanks for the civility, I see it, I feel it, I have no other explanation for creation. These things are there. I see evolution in creation, but don't know where the components for evolution to start, came from.

You mean you believe it. You can present no evidence for your god hypothesis, nor can you explain how god is essential to your assertion that electron excitation caused Moses' face to glow (you're skipping a step or to imo; you've yet to provide any reasonable evidence that any of those events even happened). Given that, it makes no sense whatsoever to even bother trying to provide a naturalistic explanation for anything in the bible.

Why? Because ultimately all you have is faith that god is not superfluous to any of your explanations-- he's a fucking pitcher's left sock, and your response all but proves that. Furthermore, as is customary, any natural hypothesis is subject to scrutiny, which means not only can such a hypothesis be shown to be scientifically flawed, showing the minimal effort generally put into them, but anyone who tries to understand it will eventually get to a point where it can't be examined scientifically or rationally. This being of course, because the god hypothesis is unfalsifiable, therefore unscientific, and worthless as such. All you have to start with, as opposed to every scientific... anything, is the feeling that what you believe is true.

Also, when a hypothesis is shown as yours has, to be demonstrably flawed, especially when you refuse either to revise or abandon it, it does nothing but seriously undermine your credibility.

In other words, call god the quantum singularity. Call god the tenth dimension. Call god anything reasonable and falsifiable. If you want to say the universe has some kind of conscious awareness, go ahead and do that, there's plenty here that have that idea. If you want to explore the inner workings of the universe, then call yourself a philosopher or an astrophysicist. But for the love of man don't even come in here and try to mish-mash science with that barbaric fable. The only thing we can get from it is perhaps a psychological study of an ancient people, if we can ever see through the embellishment that has occurred over the centuries.

Some of the animals here are getting kind of rough on ya. But I think I can relate to you on a more personal level. I'm 37 now, permanently left religion behind as anything other than an interesting curiosity at the age of 21. The things I see you posting sound a lot like the things i might have been saying around the time I was say, oh, 16 or 17. A science freak going into the death throes of faith.

Look at the bible. Genesis 1. Read the first few chapters. Say to yourself: This is a myth. This is a fable. It's superstition.

The next step should be something like realizing that you make ethical decisions because you possess a sense of right and wrong, and you should have some objective understanding of why right is right and wrong is wrong. It's a beautiful thing, not that nasty thing where we discriminate between 'right' and 'wrong' based on a fashionable interpretation of dogma because we seek god's approval or fear his retribution.

I am saying that Moses face glowed by being in the presence of a higher energy, God.

Eh? God as an energy source? Why didn't we think of that before. Let's hook up a bunch of praying Christians to a cable, and we've solved the global warming! And they'll be busy in the Prayer Power Plant so we don't have to deal with them. Two problems solved at the same time. Yay!

I don't think the Jewish people will be left out of the next ages

Okay, so "eternal" is an "age." So your "god" is how old? You will be with him how long? His "kingdom" will last for what period of time? Would that be "forever" or an "age?" I need to know exactly how you're splitting these hairs.

Also, although it was simply a tangent really, how do the Jews factor in? Are they in by default or do they need to adopt a belief in a jesus death/resurrection in order to make the cut?

yes, the Spirit was with them, and now in us.

And here I thought this god was everywhere at all times but now you're saying it wasn't actually "in" them but sort of hovering about. Now it is actually in them. But in Acts the disciples had to wait for the spirit to show up and it had a physical manifestation to "prove" (for lack of a better word) that it did show up. Now it is just there by default? Even for people like me that have blasphemed it?

I believe He did that special thing.

Exactly. It doesn't matter if anything ever happened...just as long as you believe it.

If something really had happened...it wouldn't matter if you believe it or not.

mwc

No, I think they did not understand the technology as we do now. My dad is a phD anaytical chemist who is one of you. He knows the tech, be fails to see the connection. It is just one thing I see as confirmation

So your dad, who supposedly understands this stuff, tells you that humans don't "glow" under whatever conditions you provide and you say he is incorrect?

And you are doing this simply because a small paragraph in a myth says that a mans face, and face alone, "glowed" after the Nth time he came into contact with a deity. In addition this man could block this glow with a "veil" that he removed whenever he would come into contact with the same deity but would put back into place as it frightened others. So this constant radiation didn't kill him or affect others around him and he lived on something like another 40 years.

This all seems logical to you based solely on science and your personal experience of the ways things work in this world and not relying one tiny bit on the supernatural (except for the "charging" of his face on contact with the deity)? I have to admit that I've never seen anyone "glow" like this (outside movies) nor can I imagine this happening without devastating, and immediate, consequences. I'm very interested in your ability to show me evidence that humans, while alive, can sustain such a state for a prolonged period of time (years).

mwc

GH,

I will leave, if that is what ya'll would prefer, you all know the good news. I did not mean to upset anyone, especially the lady with the Baptist mom and dad. Banal, oh that is why the lady said she had never heard the explanation before, I'm with ya.

End3 - For the record, since you are referring to me, at the beginning of this thread I was interested in what you had to say because I had never heard anything like it before. That is called "intellectual curiosity." This is a trait not shared by any xians I know of.

I am not "upset." Disappointed but not surprised. The inability to think through a line of investigation of anything and consider other points of view seems to be quite beyond the xian mind. When I realized you were as thick as a concrete piling on the interstate, I decided you were not worth my time.

Good-bye.

Man, I could feel the love before I ever logged in...what's up people. GH, I stuck the end of my finger in the plasma of the ICP this morning, heck of a glow, but I am now having trouble with my typing.

HD, yes, that is kind of the trail, how do you account for the inner sense of right and wrong.

I forget the name of the person who wanted to talk about evolution, but why can't my understanding in my head be ok. I told you, I see evolution in creation, but can't understand where the components for the evolution came from. What is your theory. and proof. I am happy with my understanding at this point. I dare not bring this up, but God's explantion to Job, that works for me as well.

Why are most, not all, but most of you so angry. I have met a few very smart people in my life, and they made the less intellectual feel ok, Why do you have to bury people with angry intellect. All of ya'll seem to be very smart.

Will be back after work.

Why are most, not all, but most of you so angry.

I used to be angry often. I'm not any more. I think the trick is to bring your anger fully into your awareness. Examine your anger. Who am I angry with? Why am I angry? To what extent and in what direction do I wish to go with this anger?

When I answered these questions honestly for myself, my anger dissolved.

I know this is a bit off topic for this forum, but it seemed worth the diversion to me.

Why are most, not all, but most of you so angry. I have met a few very smart people in my life, and they made the less intellectual feel ok, Why do you have to bury people with angry intellect. All of ya'll seem to be very smart.

Because when we use more of our brain for intelligence and rational thinking, we lose some of the unnecessary social skills. If you can't take the arrogance from the clever, then maybe you have to smarten up a bit?

I can see that, but after contemplating faith vs. science, I do not see either side advancing. I say it happens by faith, which by definition requires no proof, but a person can't say by science it absolutely does. A moot point.

So why the need for socialization. A church group, an anti-Christian group. Will mass population override the lower numbers of the very smart, but less prolific. Isn't that the way nature work? So doesn't your own intellect lead you being more social.

Isn't that the way nature work?

Man, I've yet to meet anyone who claims to know the way nature works. Scientists try to find it. And they seem to have had partial success in some areas. However I don't think their work will ever be done. Nature is complex in my opinion.

We still have a long way to go.

I can see that, but after contemplating faith vs. science, I do not see either side advancing. I say it happens by faith, which by definition requires no proof, but a person can't say by science it absolutely does. A moot point.

So why the need for socialization. A church group, an anti-Christian group. Will mass population override the lower numbers of the very smart, but less prolific. Isn't that the way nature work? So doesn't your own intellect lead you being more social.

I suspect intelligence is doomed to fail. It doesn't bring as much to the table as obediant gullible slaves that do the leaders bidding. Followers put the food on the table for the few that stay in control. The fewer up here, the better, so keep you silly ignorance. It benefits me.

So I think I understand, if you can't attribute it to a god, imaginary or real, and you can't understand nature, what direction now. My theory is that. The people stay angry because they have no direction. Ignorance is bliss.

Is that why they call it The Way?

End3 I don't know the context of this question or to whom it is addressed.

:)End3, I understand from where you are coming here. I came to ExC thinking some crazy thing might be possible. :blink:

You've only 25 posts, so you're new here. Let me just ask you this... If Moses' face was literally glowing, why doesn't that happen today to anyone? Surely Mother Tereasa would have had it, or Martin Luther King, or Nelson Mandela, as well as many others since then. Why has it not happened in today's time?

You know End3, you considering that you might be amiss concerning this is literally true, doesn't mean you have to give up EVERYTHING you believe in these teachings right now. Actually, I think most people here are just trying to help you begin to be more reasonable / rational about the world and therefore better for you. How could any divine being ask you to have 'blind' faith in something when all the obvious evidence concerning it, is against it? Why would a God want you to live in a world where the evidence is contrary to what is suppose to be the Truth? Why? :shrug:

Listen, E3, it may sound exciting, the possibility that some scientifically detectable or reproducible thing is going on, whereby the power of god can be detected or measured using scientific apparatus.

But, as Gramps has explained, once the supernatural is involved, you don't need the middle men of science, evidence, or logic. If god wanted moses' face to glow or shine or incandesce, he would have done it...by mere will alone. God says it glows, it glows, by the all-powerful word. If god were all powerful and omniscient, we wouldn't have to look for evidence like stories of fluorescing faces from thousands of years ago. It'd be obvious as the friggin' sun.

NO kidding!

E3, why do you feel the need to try and force science and religion into the same bed? Is the "science" part supposed to appeal specifically to us and tempt us back to the "religion" part?

If that is the plan, then I'm afraid to tell you that your grasp of science and what constitutes science is sadly lacking. It's so bad, I cannot even assign an educational grade level to your "grasp" of the concept of scientific inquiry.

What the fuck are you doing in school? Picking your ass?

No...wait....nevermind. Remain a moron please. After all.....someone has to grow up to mop the floor at Taco Bell so I don't have to walk in sticky stuff.

Though I suppose I'll have to wait for you to quit worshipping the "glowy" digital display on the cash register whenever you walk past it first, huh?

My theory was it makes people irritated, mad, angry when they don't understand the reason or direction for thier lives (no shepherd, no science), and was just noting there are many references to "the way" in the Bible. Still just a theory.

I thought it said it would leave if I wanted it to... seems it lies...

My theory was it makes people irritated, mad, angry when they don't understand the reason or direction for thier lives (no shepherd, no science), and was just noting there are many references to "the way" in the Bible. Still just a theory.

Ah End3, you seem somehow innocent to me. My guess is that you are young. Time will fix that.

Can you see our perspective that it is strange to look for natural causes for things when at the end of some chain of causation you have a supernatural being? Can you see that?

It's as if one of the steps in a calculation says "then a miracle occurs".

Proving only that you are only another abuser of the word 'theory'.

What you have is a Guess.

It's not even structured enough to merit being called a hypothesis.

I suppose 'theory' sounds more intelligent that 'guess' despite the intellectual dishonesty of the usage.

If your father really is an analytical chemist then he must want to kill himself whenever you open your mouth. He failed you miserably as a father.

Yes, I can see that, but can you not allow me the freedom of my explanation. If you don't have the whole answer through the natural, and I have faith, both seemingly without an end, I am just proposing the stagnation is what makes for the anger, no direction because of the inability to comprehend the beginning or the end. I have picked a way, The Way, that has a beginning, the Alpha, and the end, the Omega. Is that one banal too, GH.