Odd Science

soor

I was listening to a radio station today where the host a Christian and his guest a reverend were debating evolution. The reverend believed in evolution but as Gods doing and said it was also backed by science. The host challenged him on that saying that there are also scientists and many phd's that say the science points to a 6000 year old earth which I thought was bizzare. have any of you ever heard of any scientist who uses science as evidence to prove the earth is only 6000 years old??

Soor I don't know of any scientist worth his salt that would claim that the Earth is only 6,000 years old.

I was listening to a radio station today where the host a Christian and his guest a reverend were debating evolution. The reverend believed in evolution but as Gods doing and said it was also backed by science. The host challenged him on that saying that there are also scientists and many phd's that say the science points to a 6000 year old earth which I thought was bizzare. have any of you ever heard of any scientist who uses science as evidence to prove the earth is only 6000 years old??

neither do I. I also don't understand that Christians don't get it that there were people walking around before 6000 years ago

neither do I. I also don't understand that Christians don't get it that there were people walking around before 6000 years ago

Yeah, 6,000 years is nothing against the 4,000,000,000 years that life has been doing its thing on this planet. These young Earth people have a serious lack of perspective in my opinion.

...have any of you ever heard of any scientist who uses science as evidence to prove the earth is only 6000 years old??

Scientist, no.

Pseudoscientist, yes, many of them.

Just like plain old brainfucked morons, by the way.

Guest Structural Engineer

yes I have seen them. These are the scientists that work for AiG and other such creationist organizations. they get an undergrad degree in buisness or literature in a christian college then they go to theology school to get their Phd's then they write articles on geology, physics, chemistry, biology etc with their theology PhD's. Some dont even go to graduate school and get their phD's as honorary donations by some christian college with no strong background on science. Sadly these people think that those sorry ass phd's give them the right to write about any topic without facing peer review. You will find that no creationist believes in peer reviewed research. they think scientific truth is personal to everyone.

That sort of Radio will rot your brain...

Which is why morontheists can listen to it for hours upon untold hours.