Goodbye Jesus

Christians: Put Up Or Shut Up!

Checkmate

Checkmate,

Have it on good authority that foot is not yet changed.

Pics to follow this afternoon.

kFL

Sounds more like 'Weekly World News' fodder... they found Hitler's plane on the moon...

I actually stopped reading that post (no offense to poster) at " According to "Weekly World News". There is nothing news worthy or true that I have found in that rag, and rags like it are pure pollution. Oddly, my grandmother (not the RCC one) loved reading that crap and believed it all, even the "Bat Boy Found" series in it... lol

Prayers for physical healing (or anything else, for that matter) are worse than useless. All week I have been hearing my xian parents praying at the dinner table for my brother.

My brother had to undergo a bone marrow transplant 2 years ago due to leukemia and is fortunate to still be alive. I am sure they prayed for him prior to getting this disease, and it didn't do them a damn bit of good. Totally and utterly useless. He is on heavy medication and probably only has a few years to live at most. If they were real about it they would understand that. I am sure they do on some level, but being xians they believe this prayer nonsense contrary to all evidence. It is really quite sad.

Sounds more like 'Weekly World News' fodder... they found Hitler's plane on the moon...

I actually stopped reading that post (no offense to poster) at " According to "Weekly World News". There is nothing news worthy or true that I have found in that rag, and rags like it are pure pollution. Oddly, my grandmother (not the RCC one) loved reading that crap and believed it all, even the "Bat Boy Found" series in it... lol

They found Hell in Russia IIRC

THey closed about a month ago...

Doctors Remove Extra Limbs From Girl

A girl is born with two extra arms and legs in India. Surgeons remove the four extra and repair her organs. Let's hear it for medical science.

I suppose "god" just got confused and gave this child the legs and arms that were slated for someone else?

OR....."shit happens" and the intellect of MAN (not the "miracle power of god") saves the day once more. They even performed the surgery for FREE. Oh, those awful, sinful heathens.

~ Checkmate

Damn them indeed...

A headless parasitic twin... GLORY!!! God's sovereignty in all it's blinding majesty...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Grizzle
Doctors Remove Extra Limbs From Girl

A girl is born with two extra arms and legs in India. Surgeons remove the four extra and repair her organs. Let's hear it for medical science.

I suppose "god" just got confused and gave this child the legs and arms that were slated for someone else?

OR....."shit happens" and the intellect of MAN (not the "miracle power of god") saves the day once more. They even performed the surgery for FREE. Oh, those awful, sinful heathens.

~ Checkmate

Checkmate, you're my new hero.

I'm sorry for relighting a thread that's been dead for a few days, but I just wanted to say that issues like that are something that Christians have never been able to explain to me in any convincing way. Why would an all-powerful God let siamese twins exist? Or a girl with extra arms and legs?

I dunno. If this post is just dumb, then just ignore it.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm tired. I'm tired of all the yapping and yakking, back and forth, he said, she said, bullshit of Evangelical, Liberal and Fundamentalist Christians. I'm tired of all the baseless assertions, suppositions and mind bending rationalizations. I'm tired of arguing against YOUR ridiculous doctrines that don‘t even merit a retarded gopher’s consideration.

Sounds like Mr. Pilot to me!

It seems to me that Christians are puttin' up all the time. Sometimes in the wrong direction, but none the less, puttin' up.

Many have built huge, impressive monuments to the God-head. Many have tossed out mega-bucks in the holy name. but few have followed the doctrine of love as perhaps they ought.

Are they to put up to you, personally? What is it that you ask? If you don't understand, it may not be because it wasn't explained.

You're here on this site for a reason. Might it be you really want the truth? All you'll get here is man's truth.

My faith is based on earthly physical happenings which you've not been privy to. Others have experienced their own miracles. You'll have to find the maker where you're at ....... not through others experiences. Otherwise, it wouldn't be real to you. If one is to have faith, let it be real and true. I'm sorry you're without, but you may be closer than you think to possesing it. Keep your guard up, lest the HS have His way with you!

you sound less Mr Pilot and more Mr Crack-Pipe...

What are you jabbering on about, you loon?

You're here on this site for a reason. Might it be you really want the truth? All you'll get here is man's truth.

My faith is based on earthly physical happenings which you've not been privy to. Others have experienced their own miracles. You'll have to find the maker where you're at ....... not through others experiences. Otherwise, it wouldn't be real to you. If one is to have faith, let it be real and true. I'm sorry you're without, but you may be closer than you think to possesing it. Keep your guard up, lest the HS have His way with you!

Gene, we have already heard your miracle stories and NEWSFLASH no one is impressed.

Learn how to read and then you might be able to post in the right forum.

I don't mind if the HS has his way with me-- might be fun!!! :fdevil:

Gene, you're a fucking idiot.

You are essentially asserting that in order for anyone to believe in miracles, they have to first WANT to believe in them. How fucking stupid is that?!? Of COURSE you'll believe you've experienced a miracle if you're predisposed, conditioned and wanting to see one! That's how delusion works, you fucking moron! That's why YOU idiots claim to see shit happening, when there is NOTHING! The human brain is a PATTERN-SEEKING device. The problem is, we see patterns EVERYWHERE and then convince ourselves erroneously (with this anecdotal evidence) that "something miraculous" has happened. When in reality it is just WISHFUL THINKING (aka belief).

I would say more, but why waste words? You obviously can't read, nor comprehend the English language so anything I write will soar right past your Christ-addled brain.

(Is THIS really the best you fucking Christians can send me? Blithering idiots, who somehow managed to pound the keyboard chaotically, string a few random words together and manage to hit the "Add Reply" button? :loser:)

~ Checkmate

• 2 weeks later...

The problem is that these brainless Christians base their beliefs on the worst book of bullshit ever written: The "Holey Bible" They should be told the real truth about this book. This is the truth about the origin of Christianity:

http://www.nexusmagazine.com/articles/NewTestament.html

I don't think many Christians have the brain power to understand it as their brains have been poisoned by Christianity.

• 3 weeks later...
Checkmate,

Better than a wholesale invitation for *some* miracle, here's one that if done, will cause half or more of ExC to reconsider their lack of christian belief.

Christians, pray to your trinity to heal this foot:

aaa_amp_01.jpg

aaa_amp_02.jpg

aaa_amp_03.jpg

This is a medically stable, long term ago amputation of the toes and metarsals of the right foot performed on one of the ExC regulars. Pictures were taken just minutes after reading Checkmates post, and now placed on.line fresh and hot off the digi-cam presses.

Tell the assembled here when you are praying, and what results you are praying for.

If indeed your "god" heals this amputee, then I'm sure this Board will be smartly impressed. Results posted digi-cam shots as soon as this miracle of restoration occurs.

kevinL

Here is a link to an experiment about prayer: http://godisimaginary.com/video8.htm

• 3 months later...

Define "Miracle" for me if you will.

The alleged face of Mary on Toast?

Birth? - Birth doesn't qualify, painful, long but hardly miraculous.. the result? No 'miracle' went into that either. It was simple combination of cells engaged in a long term process of mitosis and meiosis. Hardly miraculous.

Please. Show me a actual miracle.

Any miracle.

Just one.

I disagree the xtians have put up anything,. They make great claims to some paradise they cannot prove, some hell they cannot prove. They endlessly bray about some christ they cannot prove existed, they cannot prove the events in their own text book. So what do they do to 'put up' anything? What exactly have they 'put up'? I see words without substance.

I'm both angry AND I'm right. That's the beauty of being me.

You have every right to be angry. I was angry when I left the church and I still get angry every time I see some fuckstick trying to heal on national television. It is a disgrace for our country that prosecutes someone for fortune telling as a religion not to go after the churches that spout the same kind of bullshit, except in god's name of course. If the govt. is going to come down on astrologers and fortune tellers as scam artists, then it also needs to start nailing doors shut on churches that make preposterous claims and no way to prove them.

I was angry when I left the church and I still get angry every time I see some fuckstick trying to heal on national television.

Oh come on now, you know this one is for real..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMbIElTpCjo

Are they to put up to you, personally? What is it that you ask? If you don't understand, it may not be because it wasn't explained.

Gene, just what kind of a fucking moron are you? Really? There are different moronic flavors of christianity and I was wondering just what kind you were? You spout shit just like any other funny-mental that ever posted on this site. All we get is man's lies, not truth from christianity. You assholes have had over 2,000 years to prove Jesus and you can't even prove the story about talking snakes, so how can you prove god performs miracles.

Why don't you put up your proof of your bullshit or shut the fuck up!

• 3 months later...
Guest Palace Chan

So a guy i know who says he is considering Christianity recently told me "There is enough historical evidence to suggest that it is highly likely that the resurrection took place" - Do you guys know what

this is about ? He gave me this link, for example:

http://www.gnmagazine.org/booklets/JC/dieandlive.htm

What do you think ? (Other than one word answers like "BS" ) ?

Or this debate:

http://www.tkc.edu/advancement/media/newsrelease.asp?id=55

thoughts ?

Palace Chan, I only glanced over the first link. All this "historical evidence" assumes that the New Testament was written as a sort of on-the-spot eyewitness news report. Nothing could be further from the truth. Granted, in spots it may read like this to the uneducated, but it is not that type of a narrative. These stories were written many years after the purported events and the accounts are contradictory. Just because someone says they saw something or believe something happened is not grounds enough to accept it, especially something contrary to the laws of nature, like the purported resurrection. What we have are written accounts cooked up 30 40 or 50 years after the alleged event. How reliable can they be? How do we know that it isn't all fiction? As for how Jesus died, people can and do speculate until the cows come home exactly how it happened. None of us were there, why worry about it?

- Do you guys know what

Not really sure this is the place for your post, but we can tie it right back to Checkmate's original question.

Your link is simply more circular logic of using a book to prove that very book. The premise of "historical evidence" is, "These events are set in historical times, therefore, they must be true!" They are confusing "historical facts" (actual history = places, names, etc.. ) with wishful thinking.

The setup is "A implies B". But the available fact is not B, it is A. And no matter how hard you try, "A implies B means B implies A" is simply not true.

So, back to the original topic... any new toes yet?

I'd take the son himself telling all of us how he managed to get out of the tomb....... but toes would be better.

Guest Palace Chan
- Do you guys know what

Not really sure this is the place for your post, but we can tie it right back to Checkmate's original question.

Your link is simply more circular logic of using a book to prove that very book. The premise of "historical evidence" is, "These events are set in historical times, therefore, they must be true!" They are confusing "historical facts" (actual history = places, names, etc.. ) with wishful thinking.

The setup is "A implies B". But the available fact is not B, it is A. And no matter how hard you try, "A implies B means B implies A" is simply not true.

So, back to the original topic... any new toes yet?

I'd take the son himself telling all of us how he managed to get out of the tomb....... but toes would be better.

Thank you for the feedback, i will more thoroughly read this myself, but as for some more feedback where would you suggest i inquire/post then ?

So essentially this "evidence" is not physical evidence but merely supposed witness accounts written half a century later ? That would definitely not be evidence.

• 3 weeks later...

The christian position: You cannot prove that fairies do not exist. That proves that fairies do exist.

• 2 weeks later...

considering you have to re-write your own history to deny that Jesus is Lord, then what's the problem? :scratch:

Knupfer,

Please use the Lion's Den or the Colosseum to post in. This sub-forum is not here for that reason. It is to provide Ex-Christians a place to vent safely among friends. Please do not take away from that purpose by preaching here.

Also, please do not quote entire posts. They do take up space on a server. You only need to quote a paragraph or 2 at most.

Consider yourself officially warned. Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...

That foot heal yet? God has a lot of chance to save some souls here. Don't Christians want us to believe? Didn't jebus say that "ask and it shall be given to you"? A simple foot healing. Guess our souls are not worth a healed foot.