Goodbye Jesus

Christians: Put Up Or Shut Up!

Checkmate

Guest Babylonian Dream
Faith in Jesus Christ as our Lord & Savior.

Well we don't want to worship your Baal and Messiah without proof.

any thought that public & secular institutions have accomplished more than Christian charities "might" only be true if you're limited to very recent history in Western Europe and North America.

That is only because we are a small minority that lacks billions of people dishing money nonstop into our pockets in the name of their common imaginary friend.

Christians have alleviated much death and destruction.

And were the cause of much death and destruction. So lets focus on the good sides right? Forget the evil hiding in the shadow of the religion, right?

I suggest that you conduct more research on the nature of Christianity and true charity;

Osama Bin Laden gave to charity, and probably gave more than you did to help starving children in africa. Osama Bin Laden gave to charity because his religion told him to, he gave 1/3 of all his money ever earned as Allah told him to to charity. That is more than most christians give, because he is wealthy. That doesn't make Osama Bin Laden good.

I suggest you conduct real research on the nature of Christianity and true charity, because obviously you lack it.

I am Christian Boy and I am new to this webpage. I trying to find out what's the big deal you have with Christianity.

Studying this subject in college led me to be against it. So I became an exchristian.

I love it how people who lack basic knowledge of the Bible tend to be stronger believers then those who don't. You may become a exchristian too if you studied your holy book more and harder on your own.

Guest JohnnyAppleSeed

Shelly wrote...

I think Christians need to get a sense of humor!!! A great example of this comes in a movie I saw the other day: "... and on the 7th Day, God Rocked!" I watched it with a bunch of friends of mine (Netflix), and half of them were Christian. Now, I thought it was hilarious.

I wrote:

Get a sense of humor? I don't think so! Christ dying on the cross for your sins is no joke!!! I saw that movie, too...and on the 7th day, God Rocked!, and was offended. 1st of all, how do you know you're right that Chrisitianity is just a joke. In the end I think I'll be laughing in Heaven, but sad for all of those non-believers now. How can we convert you? I know it's my job to do so, but if you're not willing, then what???

2nd of all about that movie, it was offensive: women moaning on a piano to God, overly sexualized, making fun of Christians as if they were stupid, and rock bands chanting satanic tunes with Christian motives was the icing on the cake. We all know how I feel about Christian rock music when I say, To each their own, but chose the right one!!! That's how I feel about Christianity, too: how could you choose the wrong one when it has been so clearly laid out to you in the Bible?!!!

Get a life, people!! ...and Join Jesus!!!

Shelly wrote...

I think Christians need to get a sense of humor!!! A great example of this comes in a movie I saw the other day: "... and on the 7th Day, God Rocked!" I watched it with a bunch of friends of mine (Netflix), and half of them were Christian. Now, I thought it was hilarious.

I wrote:

Get a sense of humor? I don't think so! Christ dying on the cross for your sins is no joke!!! I saw that movie, too...and on the 7th day, God Rocked!, and was offended. 1st of all, how do you know you're right that Chrisitianity is just a joke. In the end I think I'll be laughing in Heaven, but sad for all of those non-believers now. How can we convert you? I know it's my job to do so, but if you're not willing, then what???

2nd of all about that movie, it was offensive: women moaning on a piano to God, overly sexualized, making fun of Christians as if they were stupid, and rock bands chanting satanic tunes with Christian motives was the icing on the cake. We all know how I feel about Christian rock music when I say, To each their own, but chose the right one!!! That's how I feel about Christianity, too: how could you choose the wrong one when it has been so clearly laid out to you in the Bible?!!!

Laughing in Heaven??? Wow. You, my friend, are a fucking asshole.

...snipped.. 'cuz it said nothing

Proof, numb-nuts. Not your feeling or upbringing or the cluster fuck called the bible. Proof of anything you say.

Shelly wrote...

I wrote:

Tits or GTFO Zeus damnit!

Christ dying on the cross for your sins is no joke!!!

You're correct, Johnny. Your hypothetical 'saviour' and its long-weekend sacrifice is definitely not a joke.

It is the mark of utter depravity and an abrogation of personal responsibility. Think about it: When you say the Sinner's Prayer, in essence what you are doing is admitting that you are willing to let an innocent man die in your place.

And in My eyes, that makes you someone who is not to be trusted.

Laughing in Heaven??? Wow. You, my friend, are a fucking asshole.

Reminds me of St Thomas Aquinas

In order that the happiness of the saints may be more delightful to them and that they may render more copious thanks to God for it, they are allowed to see perfectly the sufferings of the damned. . .So that they may be urged the more to praise God. . .The saints in heaven know distinctly all that happens. . .to the damned. [summa Theologica, Third Part, Supplement, Question XCIV, "Of the Relations of the Saints Towards the Damned," First Article, "Whether the Blessed in Heaven Will See the Sufferings of the Damned. . ."]

Quotes from Christian Perpetuators of the Mythology of Hell

Even if your God Aka Yahweh Sabaoth/Jesus were real, I would not worship him. A god who would create humans just so he could kill and torment them, and make them choose to either grovel at his feet or suffer forever in a fiery pit is a monster.

I'd rather be damned on my feet than saved on my knees.

I'll add a quote from A Course In Miracles which you can download online for free. "Miracles to induce spectulation demonstrate a misunderstanding of their purpose"

Similiarly the Bible says, "Do not put thy Lord God to the test." Your need for proof is a misunderstanding based on what you were taught to be church values. God does answer prayers through others, because were all One "thing." There is no two sides to a story, all interests are interconnected.

"If thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be filled with light"

through prayer you recieve love, through miracles you give it back

I'll add a quote from A Course In Miracles which you can download online for free. "Miracles to induce spectulation demonstrate a misunderstanding of their purpose"

Similiarly the Bible says, "Do not put thy Lord God to the test." Your need for proof is a misunderstanding based on what you were taught to be church values. God does answer prayers through others, because were all One "thing." There is no two sides to a story, all interests are interconnected.

At least thetans are detectable with an E-meter.

And UFOs can be seen on videos and photos.

And knowledge of the magic space monkeys is written upon the heart of every man.

And knowledge of the magic space monkeys is written upon the heart of every man.

Is that associated with a pressure sensation, or a burning sensation?

I'm seriously thinking of asking to become a moderator, or whatever, so I can have access to IP addresses. This way I can hunt down people like this who post bullshit on my threads, then torture and kill them.

I clearly stated in my OP that I wanted to read NO MORE EXCUSES!!!! Give me a miracle or SHUT THE FUCK UP!!! If you've got nothing but excuses, then DON'T POST A FUCKING WORD. Just keep moving. Don't waste my time. Keep your bullshit rationalizations to yourself. I've heard and read them ALL before.

Fuck! Now I've got to go out to a biker bar and kill a random human just to make myself feel better. See what troubles you idiots cause?

Christ dying on the cross for your sins is no joke!!!

You're correct, Johnny. Your hypothetical 'saviour' and its long-weekend sacrifice is definitely not a joke.

It is the mark of utter depravity and an abrogation of personal responsibility. Think about it: When you say the Sinner's Prayer, in essence what you are doing is admitting that you are willing to let an innocent man die in your place.

And in My eyes, that makes you someone who is not to be trusted.

Very well said, and reminds me of what was probably the most troubling thing about the Xtian dogma I studied as a child-- to remain "pure" to a supposed deity required the slaughter of an innocent (be it a lamb, suckling goat, or a supposedly sinless human being). The ease with which people could shuffle off personal responsibility, claiming to be "free" thanks to this slaughter, which they described in bloody, painful detail, followed with gleeful singing and utterly nonsensical sentimental yammering about this "saviour"??? Sickening in every way. No wonder aboriginal cultures thought westerners were crazy with a capital "C".

Reminds me of St Thomas Aquinas

In order that the happiness of the saints may be more delightful to them and that they may render more copious thanks to God for it, they are allowed to see perfectly the sufferings of the damned. . .So that they may be urged the more to praise God. . .The saints in heaven know distinctly all that happens. . .to the damned. [summa Theologica, Third Part, Supplement, Question XCIV, "Of the Relations of the Saints Towards the Damned," First Article, "Whether the Blessed in Heaven Will See the Sufferings of the Damned. . ."]

Quotes from Christian Perpetuators of the Mythology of Hell

Another asshole in a company of assholes...Augustine, Constantine, Theodora... great weblink. Thank you.

Checkmate, my family is still, for the most part, fundamentalist in belief and practice (my own personal hell is living with them...long story). My father insists that he has seen miracles and "performed" them via some nonsense by this guy named Henry Wright. He claims to have personally healed my youngest sibling of "cystitis" and "cancer" though he would not of course submit to any kind of scientific exam or proof because he doesn't "believe in science." It is basically a case of confirmation bias, circular arguments, and complete balderdash masquerading as "reality" (belief being seen as more real than science, which to them is a straight up fabrication designed by oh so fallible man, blah blah blah).

There is really and truly nothing that can be said to them. Dad simply doesn't possess the cognition to partake in a debate -- he gets angry with me in more involved conversations as I practice active listening among other techniques and he just can't follow along. My father insists that there is nothing to talk about but Xtianity, because there is nothing else that is "real" (see where this is going?). Youngest sis uses other stupid arguments such as "well, that's just this person's opinion" whenever I cite scientific or historic references. I have tried to counter with the obvious -- then all writings, all accounts, including the Buybull are just an opinion, but this is instantly shot down by the "inspired werd of gawd" biz.

I guess what I'm saying is that (1) there are persons operating in modern day sects/cults insisting that they are performing miracles, but refuse to practice any kind of scientific rationale/testing to verify because science is of man and therefore, by association, of teh debil; (2) that it really doesn't matter what you ask for or say to these people as they are so delusional they will simply create justification for same.

That said I appreciate and enjoyed the vent. It is expressive of much of my own frustration and the utter nonsense of Xtianity. However there is a certain beauty in the human brain that it can manipulate its own functionality to basically not function.

Checkmate,

I no longer consider myself a Christian nor do I have a desire to be a part of any other religion. I have, for the most part, concluded I have been duped and manipulated since birth as have so many others. But, there is one relatively recent thing (relative compared to the Bible) that still baffles me 22 years after hearing about it. Maybe you, or someone else here has read about this. It has nothing to do with Christian faith healers or any other person on the religion payroll. I have tried to confirm it as an urband legend on snopes, but with no luck. So here it is......

This story first appeared as a small paragraph in the Parade Magazine 1986 publication of "The Best and Worst of Everything" published about the previous year (1985). Assuming that most scientists, especially Russian scientists are either atheists or agnostics, and assuming that these scientists had no reason to lie, I find this hard to dismiss. And they categorized it under "Best International News". Hmmmm....

On January 5th, 1986, "Parade Magazine", a weekly publication that is delivered to a very great number of homes every week with their Sunday newspaper, ran an article entitled "THE BEST AND WORST OF EVERYTHING". The article was a review of the year 1985. Within that article, under the heading "Best International News" was the following report:

Six Soviet cosmonauts said they witnessed the most awe-inspiring spectacle ever encountered in space - a band of glowing angels with wings as big as jumbo jets. According to "Weekly World News", cosmonauts Vladimir Solevev, Oleg Atkov and Leonid Kizim said they first saw the celestial beings last July, during their 155th day aboard the orbiting "Salyut 7" space station. "What we saw," they said, "were seven giant figures in the form of humans, but with wings and mistlike halos, as in the classic depiction of angels. Their faces were round with cherubic smiles."

Twelve days later, the figures returned and were seen by three other Soviet scientists, including woman cosmonaut Svetlana Savitskaya. "They were smiling," she said, "as though they shared in a glorious secret."

http://www.cyberspaceorbit.com/pardmag.htm

AN ADDITIONAL REFERENCE TO ANGELS IN SPACE:

http://members.aol.com/phikent/orbit/orbit_page4.html

EDITOR'S NOTE: I recall this was reported in the New Year's Edition, "Parade Magazine," most significant events in 1985.

Something occurred with the Soviet Cosmonauts in the Salyut 7 that orbited the earth in 1985. This is a rather hushed secret that has been leaked to the west . .

The six Soviet Cosmonauts in 1985 saw "celestial beings" on the 155th day aboard their orbiting space station. This was first reported by Cosmonaut Vladimir Solevev and Oleg Atkov as well as Leonid Kizim. This is what they said, "What we saw were seven giant figures in the form of humans, but with wings and mist-like halos as in the classic depiction of angels."

As the Cosmonauts were performing medical experiments in Salyut 7 high above the earth, a brilliant orange cloud enveloped them, blinding them temporarily, and when their eyes cleared, they saw the angels.

The heavenly visitors, they said, followed them for about 10 minutes and vanished as suddenly as they had appeared. However, 12 days later, Cosmonauts Svetlana Savitskaya, Igor Volk, and Vladimir Dzhanibevok, who had just joined the others on the space station, also saw the beings. "They were glowing," they reported. "We were truly overwhelmed. There was a great orange light, and through it, we could see the figures of seven angels. They were smiling as though they shared a glorious secret, but within a few minutes, they were gone, and we never saw them again."

http://www.theforbiddenknowledge.com/hardt...ls_in_space.htm

I wonder if anyone has ever interviewed these cosmonauts (individually or collectively) as to the veracity of their " angel vision". Perhaps they were under the influence of too much vodka and Tang. What do you think?

BTW, I am new to this forum, so try to be nice. Those who have only recently fled the flock are the walking wounded.

Hi... I have had an experience with a "glowing angel" but it was when I was 4 yrs old, so it could have been a dream or a hallucination. I was awakened by a bright light and at the foot of my bed I saw a golden, glowing man figure. So, I called him "the golden man" I was amazed and dropped down off my bed to get a closer look. He was kneeling down and looking at a glowing book that he held in his hands. I sat next to him and asked: "are you real?" He smiled and said "of course I'm real" I was very tired so I layed down next to him and went to sleep. I woke up in my bed the next morning and told my parents all about it. My dad was amused but my mother sort of believed me. She said "what a nice dream" and "you should have asked him what the book was about" but I didn't. She thought I did pretty well asking if he was real though.

So, i haven't had many supernatural experiences in my life but tht's one of them. It is things like that though that stop me from becoming a full atheist.

Peace...

Hi... I have had an experience with a "glowing angel" but it was when I was 4 yrs old, so it could have been a dream or a hallucination. I was awakened by a bright light and at the foot of my bed I saw a golden, glowing man figure. So, I called him "the golden man" I was amazed and dropped down off my bed to get a closer look. He was kneeling down and looking at a glowing book that he held in his hands. I sat next to him and asked: "are you real?" He smiled and said "of course I'm real" I was very tired so I layed down next to him and went to sleep. I woke up in my bed the next morning and told my parents all about it. My dad was amused but my mother sort of believed me. She said "what a nice dream" and "you should have asked him what the book was about" but I didn't. She thought I did pretty well asking if he was real though.

So, i haven't had many supernatural experiences in my life but tht's one of them. It is things like that though that stop me from becoming a full atheist.

Peace...

As a child, I also had a dream vision of heaven as "soft and fluffy-like."

I have since seen it as a nice dream. Maybe centuries ago I might have been hailed as a child visionary.

Guest Babylonian Dream

Do not put thy Baal to the test, hmmm....didn't the bible say something about worshipping Lord?

• 2 weeks later...

I truly understand where you are coming from for I felt the same way many years ago. I am not saying that I have the answer, but I would like for you to look at my page. I see the Bible 180 degrees from what is taught by the main stream ministry. Check it out. www.propheticnewsforamerica.com

e-mail propheticnews@live.com

We have a home study group, don't believe in Churches per say.

Leo:

“The church wishes us to believe. Let the church, or one of its intellectual saints, perform a miracle, and we will believe. We are told that nature has a superior. Let this superior, for one single instant, control nature, and we will admit the truth of your assertions."

"We have heard talk enough. We have listened to all the drowsy, idealess, vapid sermons that we wish to hear. We have read your Bible and the works of your best minds. We have heard your prayers, your solemn groans and your reverential ‘amens.’ All these amount to less than nothing. We want one fact. We beg at the doors of your churches for just one little fact. We pass our hats along your pews and under your pulpits and implore you for just one fact. We know all about your moldy wonders and your stale miracles. We want a 'this year's fact'. We ask only one. Give us one fact for charity. Your miracles are too ancient. The witnesses have been dead for nearly two thousand years. Their reputation for 'truth and veracity' in the neighborhood where they resided is wholly unknown to us. Give us a new miracle, and substantiate it by witnesses who still have the cheerful habit of living this world. Do not send us to Jericho to hear the winding horns, nor put us in the fire with Shadrach, Meshech and Abednego. Do not compel us to navigate the sea with Captain Jonah, nor dine with Mr. Ezekiel. There is no sort of use in sending us foxhunting with Samson. We have positively lost all interest in that little speech so eloquently delivered by Balaam's inspired donkey. It is worse than useless to show us fishes with money in their mouths, and call our attention to vast multitudes stuffing themselves with five crackers and two sardines. We demand a new miracle, and we demand it now. Let the church furnish at least one, or forever hold her peace.".........."The Gods" 1872

I don’t argue or debate religion anymore. The rest of you can do so if you like, but I won’t be joining you. I won’t argue or discuss god/Jesus for the exact same reason I won’t argue or discuss Santa/Frosty the Snowman. Self-evident, puerile tripe needs no intelligent refutation. It’s a pointless and silly endeavor to me. Besides, humoring idiots only serves to encourage them to keep babbling. I prefer to lambaste, lampoon, laugh and walk away.

I’m not interested in hearing/reading your mindless “reasons†for wishful thinking (a.k.a. “Beliefâ€). Your childish insistence that “something†must have happened, because you say so and you “believe†it, will fall on deaf ears and I will call you an idiot.

Talk is cheap. I don’t want to hear anymore tired excuses for why your God apparently can’t or won’t perform on command today as he did so effortlessly yesterday. What happened? He run out of “Jesus Juice†or something? Used up his quota resurrecting himself and converting Paul? Does God need some Viagra™? Or is God preserving his limited resources for when the time comes to fuck us over during the dreaded Apocalypse? What fucking gives here?!?

So here is what you Christians can do to prove to me that I’m wrong (to shut ME up) -- show me something -- an answered prayer, an amputated limb re-grown, a mountain moving, bona fide, honest-to-fucking-God MIRACLE that no one can deny! -- or forever hold your peace, because I'm tired of your incessant delusional buzzing around my ears. 2,000-plus years of this overgrown death cult is more than enough.

Put up (provide verifiable evidence) or shut up (keep your retarded “beliefs†to yourself and leave the rest of us alone).

That’s the deal. All things considered I think I’m being more than reasonable. You Christians are the ones writing checks your butts can’t cash. After all, “Outrageous claims demand outrageous proofs.â€

The ball is in your court, you delusional nitwits.

~ Checkmate (back by popular demand)

I truly understand where you are coming from for I felt the same way many years ago. I am not saying that I have the answer, but I would like for you to look at my page. I see the Bible 180 degrees from what is taught by the main stream ministry. Check it out. www.propheticnewsforamerica.com

How is this different than 7th Day Adventists?

Look, you still believe in hell. So some people get burned to ashes instead of suffer for eternity. Is that supposed to make us feel better about your God?

Peace...

As a child, I also had a dream vision of heaven as "soft and fluffy-like."

I have since seen it as a nice dream. Maybe centuries ago I might have been hailed as a child visionary.

Maybe you could have led an army of English against Joan of Arc! That would have been cool.

And Leo is 180 degrees from mainstream church teachings? Does that make him/her a Satanist?

Guest Net Eng

Leo:

I visited the site you linked.

From the front page:

We believe what we are now experiencing is the beginning of the “GOVERNMENT OF SATAN” on this Earth and that it will last for 3 1/2 years at the most.

This sort of bullshit has been spewed by Christians for hundreds of years. Not fucking one of them were right, and neither are you.

Get some tin foil and find a bomb shelter. :beg: