Goodbye Jesus

Five Questions To Ask An Atheist

IvyFairy

seriously.... I mean come on I want the SHIT to hit the fan I kinda want a knock down drag out fight so I get kicked out of this church... which means I no longer have to go (hehehehe)

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lunar Shadow

• Ouroboros

• BlueGiant

• pitchu

That's a plan. Shake them up, and maybe they'll kick you out. That's a way of getting out too! :)

These questions don't even deserve a response. Atheists should not have to explain why they don't believe in unsubstantiated claims. No atheist should ever have to explain his position, for the atheist is only making an assumption based on his experiences in which magic does not occur in the universe.

Questions for Christians:

1. If I say that I don't know where the matter and energy of the universe comes from, does that make Christianity win?

2. Why do you insert a magic ghost whenever you can't answer a question about the origin of something?

3. What explanatory power does this have?

4. How does this broaden our understanding of the universe?

5. Are you truly satisfied with such vacant assertions as "God did it"?

I love it Mr. Neil... I know how you feel... but I am at the point where I need some ammo for myself to keep retard fundys that I am forced to associate with at bay due to the fact that I am new in to the "lack of faith" devision. But I have already grown tired of being the one to prove things and do the leg work. I mean I am not the one who is caliming that there is some big invisible guy running around somewhere in the sky, I mean hell they commit people for saying shit like that in some states. :P

I await the response as a fellow shit-disturber. The timing is a pity. Perhaps a reposting in a week, could be entertaining? Let us know what happens if the posting comes up, should we miss the sound of the splat from where we are sitting at the time. Good to see that I got the correction in in time. Not sure how they will react to actual reason and facts, but it should be interesting.

Neil,

I disagree with you somewhat. While the questions may not deserve an answer, except in the academic, actually interested in what you believe sense, the drivel on that bookmark does. Misinformation and ignorance should be responded to with correction and the offer of information. Should the offer be refused, then the ignorant propels themselves into the realm of the stupid: the willfully ignorant. Those that accept the offer are no longer ignorant. While you can't fix stupid, you can fix ignorance. The questions may not deserve a response, but that which underpins them does.

I await the response as a fellow shit-disturber.  The timing is a pity.  Perhaps a reposting in a week, could be entertaining?  Let us know what happens if the posting comes up, should we miss the sound of the splat from where we are sitting at the time.  Good to see that I got the correction in in time.  Not sure how they will react to actual reason and facts, but it should be interesting.

Agreed I just hope I am there next week Ivy has the baby on thursday so (ho hum) I may miss the fall out (bummer) but hey what can ya do? :shrug:

Guest juanaznarf

Hello Folks,

I'm new here and have enjoyed reading these lively debates. As someone who has read quite extensively about "Laws" and what it takes to become a "Law" you should feel safe in knowing that (and I might be preaching to the choir...no pun intended) what they purport to be "fact" doesn't elevate itself to even being able to sniff the ass of a Hypothesis, a Theory and most importantly, let alone, a Law. As many of you probably already know, Laws are established after extensive observation. For instance, I was in Germany last summer and had the opportunity to visit the home where Johannes Keppler died. It was in this town that he wrote what are now known as "Kepplers Laws." This alone was an experience that could be what I would consider "spiritual." To be in the place where this very smart man basically obliterated the churches adherence to Geocentric Theory (earth centered universe), which was preceeded by Heliocentric Theory(sun centered universe). Keppler's laws, much in the vain of Gallileo, were not published until after his passing. This was for obvious reasons. Much hasn't changed today. Any time we (liberals, atheists, martians, whatever) display an iota of proof that disproves everything they stand for, they resort to putting out erroneous, assinine garbage to further brainwash the fertile minds of their own children. Now that is sickening, isn't it. Below, are the three aformentioned laws of Kepplers, along with a great link:

Kepler's laws (J. Kepler)

Kepler's first law (this is the law of planetary motion..observable)

A planet orbits the Sun in an ellipse with the Sun at one focus.

Kepler's second law

A ray directed from the Sun to a planet sweeps out equal areas in equal times.

Kepler's third law

The square of the period of a planet's orbit is proportional to the cube of that planet's semimajor axis; the constant of proportionality is the same for all planets.

http://www.alcyone.com/max/physics/laws/index.html

As many of you know, nothing that any christian says can refute these Laws. The established rules of what it takes to become a Law are... irrefutable. The essence of christianity lends itself to being fallibile because nothing, and I mean nothing can, obviously, be observed regarding it.

juanaznarf,

Welcome!

And thanks for your excellent observations about the unobservable.

Welcome juanaznarf, it sounds like you're going to fit right in!

Greetings from evil unbelieving Germany, juanaznarf - have a horn of mead with me in praise of the High Gods of the North :fdevil:

Questions for Christians:
I'll take a quick stab at what the answers would be...<fundie>
1. If I say that I don't know where the matter and energy of the universe comes from, does that make Christianity win?
Of course it does. No other explaination is possibly true since only Christainity has the TRUTH about creation.
2. Why do you insert a magic ghost whenever you can't answer a question about the origin of something?
Because Christianity is the explaination for everything. All you have to do is believe and all will be explained.
3. What explanatory power does this have?
Believe in God and all is explained.
4. How does this broaden our understanding of the universe?
God didn't create us so that we could understand the universe. We must just believe that what God does is beyond our understanding and praise Him in all His glory.
5. Are you truly satisfied with such vacant assertions as "God did it"?

Yes, because God did do it!</fundie>

:ugh: I never want to do that again... :woopsie:

:rotfl:

You torture yourself, CT. Don't stress yourself. Mental gymnastics are for Christians.

:rotfl:

You torture yourself, CT.  Don't stress yourself.  Mental gymnastics are for Christians.

It was weird though... it reminded me of the way I thought 30 years ago...

And I still thought with more logic than your average fundie. :grin:

Since Jester and I have to go to Church - due to our living agreements.... :eek:  

I found a bookmark that they have for people in the Jr. High and College meeting room.

What are all of your thought on this bookmark that this Christian Church is passing out?

Here it is as follows....

----

Were those questions written by retards? And by that I mean no offense to actual retards.

But I have already grown tired of being the one to prove things and do the leg work.

I know how you feel. I've told my fundy cube mate at work that if he wants to debate with me, he'd better be willing to do his own homework.

Were those questions written by retards? And by that I mean no offense to actual retards.

Hey, I've known some mentally disabled folks who could have come up with better questions than that.

Hey, I've known some mentally disabled folks who could have come up with better questions than that.

Seriously. But then again if you met the knuckle dragging degenerates that go to this church you might think that the Neanderthal never died out :D

What about my list?

:bluegrab:

which list is that ??

Well I am going in to the fold tomorrow to see if there is any fall out from posting the replies in the youth room and slipping copies under the student ministries office door. I am kinda hoping that there is. Maybe I'll get kicked out, or maybe they'll greet me with torches and pitch forks. Who knows but I will report what happens (if anything happens).

Guest JP1283
Well I am going in to the fold tomorrow to see if there is any fall out from posting the replies in the youth room and slipping copies under the student ministries office door. I am kinda hoping that there is. Maybe I'll get kicked out, or maybe they'll greet me with torches and pitch forks. Who knows but I will report what happens (if anything happens).

I can't wait to see what happens! :woohoo:

This is going to be very interesting read...

Probably you will be taken into the pastors office to explain yourself, or maybe they will cast out the demons! :grin:

This is going to be very interesting read...

Probably you will be taken into the pastors office to explain yourself, or maybe they will cast out the demons! :grin:

that could be fun too :D maybe they will use the torture stick that the Goua'uld use in Startgate SG1 :woohoo:

that could be fun too :D maybe they will use the torture stick that the Goua'uld use in Startgate SG1 :woohoo:

If he does.

STEAL IT! It's proof of Extra Terrestial life and how the UFO aliens actually are here!

Guest Joseph
Jester:

that could be fun too  maybe they will use the torture stick that the Goua'uld use in Startgate SG1

If he does.

STEAL IT! It's proof of Extra Terrestial life and how the UFO aliens actually are here!

Sorta reminds me of this:

http://www.ex-christian.net/index.php?showtopic=1705

Star Gate SG-1 version of Christianity, If Jesus was a Goa'uld, historical proof