Goodbye Jesus

Five Questions To Ask An Atheist

IvyFairy

Nothing to report I swear these people are blind the responses are posted blatantly on the bulletin board and the College leaders have said nothing on the matter. Like I said the Neanderthal is alive and kicking they attend valley bible church in Pleasanton, Ca

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lunar Shadow

• Ouroboros

• BlueGiant

• pitchu

Perhaps you should nail it to the door?

no good they are metal doors... and if they aren't metal they are glass :shrug:

Like Martin Luther in the 16th century.

4.  Was there a Cause for People?

The Law of Causality states: "Every effect must have a cause."  Atheists would argue there was a cause for a pencil, but they argue there was no cause for people.  Thus atheists violate the Law of Causality.

Human poop makes the flowers grow. We're like big poop pencils.

no good they are metal doors... and if they aren't metal they are glass

Maybe super glue?

:lmao:

Nice one

or how bout clear contact paper?

:lmao:

Nice one

or how bout clear contact paper?

Or use a permanent marker...

Metal or not I still like the symbolism of using nails...use three.

If it's metal or glass just scratch it in.

I wonder of Luther would have just used email if it was available.

Hehe. Or a blog.

Hehe. Or a blog.

YES, AND I'M SURE HE WOULD HAVE TYPED LIKE THIS TO GET HIS POINTS ACROSS.

:HaHa:

Ow...my ears are hurting.

With regard to the second law of thermodynamics, or the so-called "heat death" of the universe, it seems to my completely non-scientifically trained mind that what we observe is essentially order rising out of chaos at the expense of energy. To me, the law simply stated is something like this: ordered systems can exist, and progress towards greater order, but not indefinitely; there is a cost involved when a system becomes ordered, and the payment is made in heat.

But really - isn't that what life is all about? We begin life full of energy, but our lives are quite chaotic. We develop order: intelligence, sophistication, language, etc, but as we do so our bodies age and decay, and lose energy until we eventually deteriorate unto death.

We're like a candle that burns very briefly, but oh so brightly.

it seems to my completely non-scientifically trained mind that what we observe is essentially order rising out of chaos at the expense of energy.

The 2nd law of TD is the most abused principle by YEC types. It has nothing to do with order and disorder per se (which are subjective), but rather is a measure of usable energy. It could be rephrased as 'within a closed system, energy differentials tend toward 0 over time'. The consequence is that things typically tend to become disordered from our subjective perspective as well, but by no means is that a physical law.

Crystals form spontaneously, as do clouds, rain, snow, etc. Each of these (and an unlimited numer of similar examples) are examples of a spontaneous increase in order from our subjective perspective, even though none of them violate the 2nd law.

Finally, the 2nd law, even in formal terms, is probabilistic in nature, and not fundamental. It is possible even within a closed system for entropy to spontaneously decrease. If you could monitor the entropy of a sealed box of air to high accuracy, you would see entropy fluctuating up and down. Given enough of these types of experiments some would spontaneously revert to a state of minimum entropy.

Since Jester and I have to go to Church - due to our living agreements....  :eek:  

I found a bookmark that they have for people in the Jr. High and College meeting room.

What are all of your thought on this bookmark that this Christian Church is passing out?

Here it is as follows....

----

1. That is THE LAW OF CONSERVATION OF ENERGY YOU MORONS. QUANTUM FIELD THEORY ANYONE?

Well I saw the head of student ministires today and it was apparent he had not read the responses so either one of 2 things are the case here

Either they read it and are ignoring it.

~OR~

Saw that Atheists responed and then stuck thier fingers in thier ears and said "LA LA LA LA NOT LISTENING TO REASON LA LA LA"

I personally think it was the latter of the 2.

The 2nd law of TD is the most abused principle by YEC types.  It has nothing to do with order and disorder per se (which are subjective), but rather is a measure of usable energy.  It could be rephrased as 'within a closed system, energy differentials tend toward 0 over time'.  The consequence is that things typically tend to become disordered from our subjective perspective as well, but by no means is that a physical law.

Crystals form spontaneously, as do clouds, rain, snow, etc.  Each of these (and an unlimited numer of similar examples) are examples of a spontaneous increase in order from our subjective perspective, even though none of them violate the 2nd law.

Finally, the 2nd law, even in formal terms, is probabilistic in nature, and not fundamental.  It is possible even within a closed system for entropy to spontaneously decrease.  If you could monitor the entropy of a sealed box of air to high accuracy, you would see entropy fluctuating up and down.  Given enough of these types of experiments some would spontaneously revert to a state of minimum entropy.

A clarification:

When they refer to 2nd Law of Thermodynamics, they make reference to a known "problem" in cosmology. It's the entropy of cosmos, that it eventually will burn out and die. This is know, and somewhat ok to argue.

But to argue stars or life on a planet because of entropy is totally wrong. Because 2nd Law of Thermodynamics allows random fluctuations in the entropy.

But, they just don't get it, that's why they argue the way they do.

And it irritates me that Ignorance and Stupidity breeds arrogance and attitude and stupid and invalid arguments. If they just got a subscription to a science mag and learned something, or a book from a scientific institute, instead of their religious books. They only read approved literature, so of course they never know what they're talking about.

Either they read it and are ignoring it.

~OR~

Saw that Atheists responed and then stuck thier fingers in thier ears and said "LA LA LA LA NOT LISTENING TO REASON LA LA LA"

Er, wouldn't that be the same thing?

the whole point of posting this was to show them how out of touch they really are with reality thats why Ivy and I printed them up and took them over to the church but alas it seems in vain. some just don't wanna hear the truth.

Yes, except one make more noise than the other.

yeah I guess so :grin: but it looks better if you have a this or that

Jester, why don't you just sit down with your mom and dad and share with them how you feel? Let them know you have respected them and tried their way and are unhappy! :phew: God never forces anyone to come to him, and why should they? You have tried their way, maybe they could try your way for a little while at least? Maybe ask your dad to answer the list of questions you have. :Hmm: I sense that your dad loves you very much and that he'll never abandon you.

I'm a Christian, and I have a son who is not a Christian, and I just want him to be happy. I use to take him to church, yet when he was old enough to stay home during Sunday school and church, 12 years old, I let him stay home and watch TV while his brother and I went. He was, and is a good kid and I've never regreted it. He does not like anything to do with God to this day. My son is opposed to it probably as much as you, if not more. So what? :Wendywhatever: He's a good person, more so than I could ask of anyone. Your dad probably sees that in you too! I would never let anything come between my son and I. I think your dad might be more understanding than you think to a solemn plea for happiness and a priviledge for his son's own personal journey. :scratch: Use diplomacy and try... ?

At this point, the church may encourage your dad to do this too? :shrug: