Goodbye Jesus

Home For The Holidays

The-Captain

Well Ive just finished my Socio final and am packing up to head home for the holidays. :)

A mixed blessing if there ever was one. I love my family and I'll be glad to see them and vice versa. But like alot of people here know, there can be some tension. I never declared my lack of faith to them before (just hinted and I think they suspect) and I dont plan on telling them Im an atheist anytime soon, (chwistmas would be wuined). Therefore I'll be going through the rigamorale of church, prayer at meals,christmas eve service and all the other xian elements of xmas that come up in a fundie home.

On top of all that I have a prior commitment to show up for my high school worship bands (one of those jars o' clay type sounds) reunion concert. Alot of my friends are in that group and will be attending and they expect me to be there. Its a nice little charity money raising concert for all of us that were involved in the group, which I might add was pretty tight knit. I went with them and we worked together on alot of mission trips, mexico, costa rica, new orleans etc.. And while the memories are mostly good, Im understandably not going to be into it anymore.

So I dont know where Im going with all this, this isnt really a post with a point. I'll be out of the loop for a while, which I admit will be tough as Ive become accustomed to this site and all the great folks on it.

So if anyone has any advice, comments, comparable stories thoughts or anything feel free to post. I always like reading what people have to say. And last but not least Happy Holidays, Merry X-Mas and good luck, best wishes and so forth as we all do your holiday thing. :D

Hey Doctor,

Hope you passed all of your exams. What uni do you attend? Anyway, even though it was with a Xtian group, thanks for helping to rebuild New Orleans. I read about this on another one of your posts and was going to thank you. I live about 60 miles north of New Orleans and that is all we hear about on the news is the recovery in NO. But thanks for your help and I hope you have a Merry XMAS!

Josh

Hey Doctor,

Hope you passed all of your exams. What uni do you attend? Anyway, even though it was with a Xtian group, thanks for helping to rebuild New Orleans. I read about this on another one of your posts and was going to thank you. I live about 60 miles north of New Orleans and that is all we hear about on the news is the recovery in NO. But thanks for your help and I hope you have a Merry XMAS!

Josh

Thanks Josh, Ive always gotten a kick out of helping people in a practical non-judgmental way (I say that b/c as you may have heard a lot of bible thumpers view the hurricane mess as "gods judgement).BTW while I live in North Texas but attend the University of Mary Hardin Baylor, down by Austin. Its like the more fundamenalist bible branch of Baylor.

I'll miss you :HappyCry:

:P

We'll be here waiting when you get back. We can deprogram you! :lmao:

Just have fun, enjoy your family and don't bite your tongue too hard!

Heather