Goodbye Jesus

Christians Will Kill Us All..

necrosmith

I just finished reading an article about the ice caps melting. Scientists have revised their estimate from 2030 to 2012. Apparently the ice is disappearing surprisingly faster than anybody expected.

This morning I was listening to Limbaugh on my way to class. Rush was on one of his rants about how global warming was a hoax. His primary reasoning was that god created a world too complex and too big for we humans to damage. Naturally, you can imagine 20 million voters nodding their heads in agreement thinking ya, you tell em Rush. Jesus knew everything and wouldn't have created a world we could destroy.

So it just made me think a little bit. These people are ignoring scientific evidence (surprise, surprise) because of Christianity. So instead of doing something to slow the process of global warming or possibly reverse it, they will do nothing. Why won't they do anything about it? Because they think Jesus wouldn't have created a world that could be susceptible to global warming. What's worse, they will actively oppose steps to fight the problem.

In short, another example of religious stupidity damaging humanity.

Goodbye Jesus

Come now... Rush must have known about M.A.D. we could have reduced the world to a glwing ember, having split the globe surface to core... the muppet...

I really think humanity in general will secure it's own demise, with or without religion. No one will believe there's a problem till it's too late, and everybody thinks we can fix any problem even after its too late.

Why won't they do anything about it? Because they think Jesus wouldn't have created a world that could be susceptible to global warming. What's worse, they will actively oppose steps to fight the problem.
That's because global warming equals melting ice. And melting ice equals rising water levels. And rising water levels equals floods. And since bible god already destroyed the planet with a flood (that never occurred in reality), he promised to never do it again. He let us know this by also informing us that the next time He™ destroyed the planet, it would be with fire. And since global warming isn't exactly a fire hazard, it just can't be because that isn't the Will of God™...

Geez! How hard is this to understand?!?!?! :Doh:

Zackly! :shrug:

Road runner (my isp) homepage today has a map of rising sea level effects, and it seems La Guardia (along with a goodly portion of my states coast) will be one of the first. Maybe after a runway or two disappears, some brilliant mind will say, hmmm, could be something wrong here.

Even if Christians do start to accept global warming, they will expect to be raptured before things get too bad. I can see how Christians could claim that global warming is part of God's plan. I once read in a religious book (can't remember the title or author) that God put enough supplies on this earth to run it until the Divine time table is up and Jesus returns. In other words, if we start running out of oil, gas, minerals, etc. then expect Jesus at any moment. Along that line of thinking: if global warming causes mass destruction and refugees due to rising water levels, and disrupts crop growth which creates starvation and mass panic due to changing weather, then it is a sign that the earth is falling apart, ergo Jesus is coming soon. The weather and climate changes could go along with running out of oil and gas, thus just being part of the wind down of the present earth age. And when I was young, there was talk that since God had destroyed earth once with water and wouldn't do that again, He was going to do the opposite and burn it up this time around. People speculated that the earth was going to fall into the sun, but having the earth turning into a desert by global warming would fit in with this expectation of God's destruction, too. Ain't God a creative fellow?