Goodbye Jesus

Ugh!

Kelli

This country is based upon "In God We Trust" Removing god and prayer from our schools has lead to the disgrace and killings and general disrespect of human life...look at the history.

If you are atheist fine and good for YOU! However, considering you live in a country that is based upon the belief in GOD and you are afforded the privledge to believe as you see fit...either back off and STFU or LEAVE if you do not like our ways!!!!!

-- comment posted on a local blog regarding the Michael Newdow "In God We Trust" lawsuit.

I keep hearing this time and time and time again. People, you read your history. Get a clue. This is not a "Christian Nation." Do everyone a favor and take the time to educate yourself instead of spewing nonsensical, irrelevant blather.

This is really starting to bug me! What bothers me the most is simply how ignorant people choose to be.

She's a dumbass.

First... In god she trusts was put on money for the first time 1864 on the two cent coin and it didn't appear on paper money until 1957.

It wasn't made a national motto or put into the pledge of allegiances until the 1950s. Due to the hysteria fear of evil communist atheists by McCarthyism. When people were black listed and falsely accused of being communist or atheists. That is in essence when the religious right took over the country and they haven't loosened their grip since IMO.

She's a dumbass.

First... In god she trusts was put on money for the first time 1864 on the two cent coin and it didn't appear on paper money until 1957.

It wasn't made a national motto or put into the pledge of allegiances until the 1950s. Due to the hysteria fear of evil communist atheists by McCarthyism. When people were black listed and falsely accused of being communist or atheists. That is in essence when the religious right took over the country and they haven't loosened their grip since IMO.

Stupidity is so funny sometimes! Imagine how embarassed you would be if you seriously made that statement publicly, and the discovered that? Funny thing about stupidity, it works like a tranqualizer, they won't even reallize how stupid they sound. LOL

"Afforded the priviledge", brother!! If this country was actually based on fundamentalist chirstian belief, then there is no way in hell their god would have ever afforded anyone the right to believe as they see fit. Biblegod is all about conversion and damning other religious beliefs.

Absolutely true! Just like the RCC controlling most of Europe way back when. Think people had religious freedom then? Think they had any *real* freedom?

Fundies like to bash the RCC for that very thing, but notice how they call for the banning of alcohol, saying how God hates gays, protesting movies they don't agree with.

Christianity in charge of the country? Say good-bye to free speech and your freedom in general. Prepare to have every move you make watched and analyzed. Prepare to have your opinions ground into the dust.

Shit...sounds like my marriage was...

Founding fathers must be rolling in their graves !

Hear that high-pitched screaming sound? That's them... :banghead:

Someone change his diaper and give him a bottle. Don't you just hate when toddlers throw tantrums.

Couldn't have said it better! :lmao::funny::lmao:

Do what I do... smack them over the fucking head with the Treaty of Tripoli.

As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion; as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion, or tranquillity, of Mussulmen; and, as the said States never entered into any war, or act of hostility against any Mahometan nation, it is declared by the parties, that no pretext arising from religious opinions, shall ever produce an interruption of the harmony existing between the two countries.

Why don't these religious dickheads just get it over with and change the name of the USA to the united Christian States of America. I suggest they be referred to this article about the worst book of bullshit ever written: the "Holey Bible":

"The Forged Origins of the New Testament" http://www.nexusmagazine.com/articles/NewTestament.html

I believe everyone who wants religion in their lives should move to Liberia and help their economy. Why Liberia? Why not?

It does not matter what the religious preference of the framers were, this country was not set up to favor one over the other but to have tolerance of each other. The mix of religion and politics equals fascism. The modern Christi-Nazi church is not willing to acknowledge their influence in politics is wrecking the nation and impacting the world--the world still looks to America for some moral problems, such as the drug war. By the way, the war on drugs did not exist in other countries until the USA decided their drugs was a problem in America and now South American countries can't get America out of their backyard. We pump millions, if not billions, of dollars into third world countries to fight drugs. The morality of the drug war is backed by ignorant but powerful christians in politics that have no interests in serving our nation ahead of their own interests. The Christian church and other organized religion has got to go. The real problem is that this nation caters to the weirdo religions within it, giving air time to their smarmy theology and doctrine. Why the hell promote lunacy? Just say "NO!" to the voice of the Christi-Nazi church and any Islamo-fascists that pop up to fill the gap.

Why don't these religious dickheads just get it over with and change the name of the USA to the united Christian States of America. I suggest they be referred to this article about the worst book of bullshit ever written: the "Holey Bible":

"The Forged Origins of the New Testament" http://www.nexusmagazine.com/articles/NewTestament.html

Eccles, I'm not sure why you present this suggestion to Americans who have deconverted from Christianity.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think it matters anyway, the religionists won with the death and the unpopularity of Thomas Paine. Thomas Paine wrote the seminal documents that debunked the divine right of kings and religion itself for the common man and he died penniless and almost forgotten in 1809. It seems to me that the common man went back to doing what they were doing prior to the Revolutionary War, which was their chosen trade AND attending religious services. My argument may be bunk, but just the final years of Tom Paine's life show how the Christian religion always seemed to win in this so-called 'culture war'. It's bothersome to say it mildly. Paine was the first casualty and many others followed in his footsteps.

I would ask this person to read the Declaration on Independence and the Constitution and find ANY reference to Yahweh or Jesus. The terms "creator" and "natures god" are certainly NOT references to the christian god.

Of course, there's also that Treaty of Tripoli quote....