Goodbye Jesus

(my First Thread)a Beautiful Herecy

Not_Scarevangelist

I'm tired for today.

Good, don't let the door hit you in the ass.

No, I'll go on despite the fact I'm tired... just because It got interesting.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Not_Scarevangelist

• SWIM

• Ouroboros

• Grandpa Harley

Why do you define the outside as nothing? If we read stephen hawking essays we may come up with the idea about parallel universes, imaginery time and whatever you call it.

Ohhh so he exists on some other parallel universe, 'imaginary' time and whatever I call it? Right right.

I wanna call it nothing.

Unless of course, you prove to me otherwise.

OK, who created the big bang? What do you think? The particles appeared from a great soup-like nonexistent fluid?

OK, who created the big bang? What do you think? The particles appeared from a great soup-like nonexistent fluid?

The FSM of course!

Yeah I'm too dumb to study it throughly, so I just attribute it to the Great Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Doh I found it. Quoting the forum.

The Bible calls all those who do not believe in its god a fool.

And what did Jesus say about calling someone a fool?

Whatever it is, the very simple fact that me and you exist is a miracle.

HanSolo, don't forget that even the first coming of Jesus is a blurry message based on some old testament writings.

It's all about faith. If you believe, you don't see it as blurry. You may say it's brainwashing, yes, maybe... Even early christians have been called drunk. But... it's all about faith. Not proof/disproof. I feel it in this way, you feel it in another way.

So it's circular.

You have to believe first before you can understand the message you're gonna believe in ... the problem here is... I don't believe, and God doesn't answer the prayer to give me belief.

Not_Scary, you will go to Hell because you don't believe in Allah. Only the Quran is the True Word of God and you're a false teacher... And the only way for you to know that I'm telling you the truth is to convert to Islam first then you will know...

Does that make sense to you? Why are you a Christian instead of a Muslim?

I'm not calling him, the Bible calls him...

And the verse you're referring to is not only about foolishness, but also about rebellion

Of course its a miracle. Given the chances of you turning out as you or even being born, the odds apologists like to dish out with their fine tuning arguments pale in comparison.

So to you that is evidence? I thought you didn't need evidence to believe. Or is it that you believe in God without believing we were created first, and then you decided: "aha, that means God created us", or do you believe in God because you can't understand any other answer to how we can exist? i.e. you believe because of what you see and don't understand rather than just believing without any thoughts or material evidence.

HanSolo, don't forget that even the first coming of Jesus is a blurry message based on some old testament writings.

It's all about faith. If you believe, you don't see it as blurry. You may say it's brainwashing, yes, maybe... Even early christians have been called drunk. But... it's all about faith. Not proof/disproof. I feel it in this way, you feel it in another way.

So it's circular.

You have to believe first before you can understand the message you're gonna believe in ... the problem here is... I don't believe, and God doesn't answer the prayer to give me belief.

Not_Scary, you will go to Hell because you don't believe in Allah. Only the Quran is the True Word of God and you're a false teacher... And the only way for you to know that I'm telling you the truth is to convert to Islam first then you will know...

Does that make sense to you? Why are you a Christian instead of a Muslim?

Because there are sources you can find that Mohammed was suffering from epilepsy. However there are no sources which show that Jesus had some kind of ilness.

And the verse you're referring to is not only about foolishness, but also about rebellion

This verse:

Mt 5

21 "You have heard that it was said to the people long ago, 'Do not murder, and anyone who murders will be subject to judgment.' 22 But I tell you that anyone who is angry with his brother will be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who says to his brother, 'Raca,' is answerable to the Sanhedrin. But anyone who says, 'You fool!' will be in danger of the fire of hell. 23 "Therefore, if you are offering your gift at the altar and there remember that your brother has something against you, 24 leave your gift there in front of the altar. First go and be reconciled to your brother; then come and offer your gift. 25 "Settle matters quickly with your adversary who is taking you to court. Do it while you are still with him on the way, or he may hand you over to the judge, and the judge may hand you over to the officer, and you may be thrown into prison. 26 I tell you the truth, you will not get out until you have paid the last penny.

What "rebellion"? I don't see that. Explain.

So to you that is evidence? I thought you didn't need evidence to believe. Or is it that you believe in God without believing we were created first, and then you decided: "aha, that means God created us", or do you believe in God because you can't understand any other answer to how we can exist? i.e. you believe because of what you see and don't understand rather than just believing without any thoughts or material evidence.

If you firstly believe, then you start to see "evidence". I never thought about that before I accepted Jesus.

Because there are sources you can find that Mohammed was suffering from epilepsy. However there are no sources which show that Jesus had some kind of ilness.

There are no such sources. It's just pure speculation from non Muslims.

There are sources that show that Jesus suffered of anger issues.

This verse:

Mt 5

21 "You have heard that it was said to the people long ago, 'Do not murder, and anyone who murders will be subject to judgment.' 22 But I tell you that anyone who is angry with his brother will be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who says to his brother, 'Raca,' is answerable to the Sanhedrin. But anyone who says, 'You fool!' will be in danger of the fire of hell. 23 "Therefore, if you are offering your gift at the altar and there remember that your brother has something against you, 24 leave your gift there in front of the altar. First go and be reconciled to your brother; then come and offer your gift. 25 "Settle matters quickly with your adversary who is taking you to court. Do it while you are still with him on the way, or he may hand you over to the judge, and the judge may hand you over to the officer, and you may be thrown into prison. 26 I tell you the truth, you will not get out until you have paid the last penny.

What "rebellion"? I don't see that. Explain.

My Bulgarian version has a slight difference about this verse.

What about holy anger?

Well, it's not like "there is no hell". There is judgement.

Oh my goodness. I certainly hope there is a judgment.

Yahweh and Son have a LOT of explaining to do.

If you firstly believe, then you start to see "evidence". I never thought about that before I accepted Jesus.

Do you know what "EX-" means in the word "Ex-Christian"? I used to believe. 30 years fundamentalist Christian. So I used to believe, but I never saw any evidence... ever. But in the last 3-4 years as a non-believer I have seen truckloads of evidence for a natural world and reality, and I have come to understand that religion is a delusion. You live in a fantasy, very much like the Lord of the Ring and D&D clubs that used to be everywhere. People had arguments about Gandal, Frodo and Sauron etc, like it was real, but religion take it a step further to think it is real somewhere beyond the clouds. Usually we try not to encourage our kids to have imaginary friends, but that's exactly what religion is. We encourage our kids to believe in some super-Santa that will reward us if we've been good and punish us if we've been bad.

Are you a troll?

Which one of you guys is behind this?

:vent:

What about holy anger?

What about Holy Shakes? Or Holy Visions? Mohammed supposedly had visions, very similar to Paul. Stricken to the ground and see a light etc. Maybe Paul suffered from epilesy too? Besides, Holy Anger presupposes that something can be "holy", which means for me to say there is "holy anger" is for me to say "God exists", which I don't believe he does.

How old are you? Have you really thought through anything of what we're discussing here, or do you just pull stuff from a hat?

You *really* should read the testimonials first. Seriously. All you are doing is puking nonsense to people who have already, either gone down your "road" of thinking and rejected it, or were too intelligent to go there in the first place.

You suffer from delusion. Why? You come to an ex-christian board thinking to "share" "good news" without reading the testimonies, you have no idea really who you are even talking to.

Many here where in the religion hardcore most of their lives, some were clergy. It is very arrogant and stupid to come in here totally unarmed to do "battle" with people who will totally tear your logic apart.

That's why the hostile response from me, because of your presumptions that "we" will benefit from your mad rantings, without first showing the courtesy of reading our stories first.

Are you a troll?

What? Am I not the only one bulgarian here? Well, I won't be surprised.

Are you a troll?

It's Chibby, I guarantee you.

Are you a troll?

You could be right. We'll see how this plays out.

Not_Scary, if you're a troll or if you're a poser and a previous member here and just playing around, do understand we do not like that kind of behavior and can result in a temporary ban.

You *really* should read the testimonials first. Seriously. All you are doing is puking nonsense to people who have already, either gone down your "road" of thinking and rejected it, or were too intelligent to go there in the first place.

You suffer from delusion. Why? You come to an ex-christian board thinking to "share" "good news" without reading the testimonies, you have no idea really who you are even talking to.

Many here where in the religion hardcore most of their lives, some were clergy. It is very arrogant and stupid to come in here totally unarmed to do "battle" with people who will totally tear your logic apart.

That's why the hostile response from me, because of your presumptions that "we" will benefit from your mad rantings, without first showing the courtesy of reading our stories first.

You are wrong. I read a lot of testimonies here...

Let's start with... hmmmmm...

1. Unanswered prayers.

There could be reasons for that. See Jacob

2. Hell

I explained it very well about universalism, there are articles about eternity, aion, aionios and so on...