Goodbye Jesus

(my First Thread)a Beautiful Herecy

Not_Scarevangelist

I have a very good friend who has been saved by a train accident. The night when he bought a ticket he heard a very clear voice in his head: "Don't do this". The next day he heard on the news about the train accident.

So I firmly believe that your son will be healed. God can't hate your son. "For God so loved the world"- this means that he loves everybody, including your son.

I'm sure some day we will have our answers why some things happen and why others don't. But it won't be in this alife. Even Job didn't receive his answers.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Not_Scarevangelist

• SWIM

• Ouroboros

• Grandpa Harley

I have a very good friend who has been saved by a train accident. The night when he bought a ticket he heard a very clear voice in his head: "Don't do this". The next day he heard on the news about the train accident.

So I firmly believe that your son will be healed. God can't hate your son. "For God so loved the world"- this means that he loves everybody, including your son.

I'm sure some day we will have our answers why some things happen and why others don't. But it won't be in this afterlife. Even Job didn't receive his answers.

I hope he does heal him. If he does, I too, your new nemesis, will also re-convert.

If you read hans's other thread, you will see the full details of it. A LOT of people would re-convert, his whole family, many here, scores of doctors...

http://www.ex-christian.net/index.php?show...c=20516&hl=

No, I think it's a matter of faith. You can't be an ex christian if you have enough fight.

Okay, I was fine before I read this bullshit line. Enough fight, huh? How about I come over there and kick your ass? Goddamn...if someone said that to my face they'd be on the floor before they finished the line.

18 years I prayed and suffered and fought and NOBODY helped me. Enough fight? How much is enough?

When you have your mental faculties and your emotions beat to a fucking pulp day after day the SMART thing to do is to finally throw in the towel. Finish the fight by not fighting. Try a different route and finally, FINALLY get a different fucking result.

Jackass.

Well, it's not like "there is no hell". There is judgement. The bible says that our God is fire. We take it seriously. So... better to repent and not taste the wrath of God. Also, Universalism is more like an idea. Maybe there will be annihilation for some people. But most certainly I don't believe in everlasting torment.

Oh yeah, better be safe then sorry eh? bwahahahaha pascal's wager keeps so many in bondage, its foolish!

Why not read up on it?

http://www.infidels.org/library/modern/theism/wager.html

There is a gazzillion links on it too. Dig, learn, stop being "skeered", get you an "ain't skeered" bumper sticker and stop all that non-sense.

Hey, If you don't eat at Burger King, you will end up in the great fry-vat after you die.

Look above at that sentence. There it is in print. "I" claim it was inspired by god. Now the ball is in your court. Eat at BK or burn. So, where you gonna eat tonight?

See how damn stupid that is? It's EXACTLY the same wager.

I would have thought you'd end up in MacDonalds for all eternity...

I would have thought you'd end up in MacDonalds for all eternity...

Damn! I wish I had thought of that!

:funny::lmao:

No, I think it's a matter of faith. You can't be an ex christian if you have enough fight.

Okay, I was fine before I read this bullshit line. Enough fight, huh? How about I come over there and kick your ass? Goddamn...if someone said that to my face they'd be on the floor before they finished the line.

18 years I prayed and suffered and fought and NOBODY helped me. Enough fight? How much is enough?

When you have your mental faculties and your emotions beat to a fucking pulp day after day the SMART thing to do is to finally throw in the towel. Finish the fight by not fighting. Try a different route and finally, FINALLY get a different fucking result.

Jackass.

Look, this is the way I've been taught in church. You can't accuse me for that.

You don't need evidence do believe in God. He stands outside, outside the spacetime, the Universe and... I'm tired for today.

TBH, you're presupposing a lot of things... one thing is that you know the bible better than we do... which you don't. The another is that you have the hubris to assume that you have one true view of the TRUTH, and that you, above every other imbecile who has tried sell, cajole, or threaten violence against us to make us beleive, has the power to turn us to the stinking, foetid, ancient evil you claim is 'the light'

you're peddling crazy, so move on. We're all stocked up right now..

Oh PLEASE. As weak arguments go, that has to be the weakest I've seen. You really are trying to engage in a battle of wits (in a foreign language) when you are unarmed.

Well, I don't say it's the perfect truth, but... I feel it that way. Every Christian has his own personal Jesus, someone to hear his prayers, someone who cares (which is not good, we have over 30 000 denominations and sects). I embraced the concept of Universalism, because it shows the other sideof the coin- of all powerful God (not a one that failed) who has the ability to save all of his creation, not to condemn 90% in flames.

Well, I don't say it's the perfect truth, but... I feel it that way.

enough said.

OOh. That reminds me of the Depeche Mode (or Marilyn Manson) song: Own Personal Jesus:

Your own personal jesus

Someone to hear your prayers

Someone who cares

Your own personal jesus

Someone to hear your prayers

Someone whos there

Feeling unknown

And youre all alone

Flesh and bone

By the telephone

Lift up the receiver

Ill make you a believer

Take second best

Put me to the test

Things on your chest

You need to confess

I will deliver

You know Im a forgiver

Reach out and touch faith

Your own personal jesus...

Feeling unknown

And youre all alone

Flesh and bone

By the telephone

Lift up the receiver

Ill make you a believer

I will deliver

You know Im a forgiver

Your own personal jesus

He could be quoting the Johnny Cash cover version from American IV... I preferred 'Hurt' myself...

Yes, I quoted that song on purpose... Every Christian finds the way to his own personal Jesus. I don't believe that differences (that separate denominations and sects) will make some people to go to Heaven, others to go to Hell. God doesn't look at your denomination, but to your heart.

That's what I feel and believe.

That's why I came... To share the good news with you.

I was a liberal christian, though not quite a universalist. I've journeyed through paganism, pantheism, heretical gnostic type of christianity, new age, almost-hindu etc on my way to becoming an atheist. I rejected belief in hell a long time ago but I have now philosophised my belief in God away and my demand for evidence for reasons to believe something have meant that I now reject belief in God too.

So I've been there, done that, got the T-shirt. You're not telling me anything I've not already heard.

And if you accept Jesus again, you will learn how to serve him...

Sorry I don't do D/s with men, only with women.

Yes, there is God.

Define 'God'. What is this 'God'? I don't understand this term you are using.

Yes, Hell is an invention of the Church and it's a false teching.

Name me something the Church teaches that is not an invention of the Church. It is all false teachings

Then you ARE being nothing but a dumb, bleating SHEEP. Don't go by what you've been taught. LEARN for yourself. Learn from tons of different people and tons of different opinions.

And then form your own opinion. STATE your opinion, but don't force it on anyone else. Don't tell them that their opinion doesn't count.

And don't tell people they didn't have enough fight or faith or whatever. You don't know. Nobody knows what someone else may have been through.

Ask questions. Never assume.

Well, I don't say it's the perfect truth, but... I feel it that way. Every Christian has his own personal Jesus, someone to hear his prayers, someone who cares (which is not good, we have over 30 000 denominations and sects). I embraced the concept of Universalism, because it shows the other sideof the coin- of all powerful God (not a one that failed) who has the ability to save all of his creation, not to condemn 90% in flames.

OK

Save all his creation...

wtc_jump_04_large.jpg

He must have been busy that day? It's the WTC 'Falling man'... made something of a splash in NYC. Moral of that story - don't turn in to work early to set up for a conference meal.

and as to quoting songs...

The little girl she said to me

What are these things that I can see

Each night when I come home from school

And mama calls me in for tea

Oh every night a baby dies

And every night a mama cries

What makes those men do what they do

To make that person black and blue

Grandpa says their happy now

They sit with God in paradise

With angels' wings and still somehow

It makes me feel like ice

Tell me there's a heaven

Tell me that it's true

Tell me there's a reason

Why I'm seeing what I do

Tell me there's a heaven

Where all those people go

Tell me they're all happy now

Papa tell me that it's so

So do I tell her that it's true

That there's a place for me and you

Where hungry children smile and say

We wouldn't have no other way

That every painful crack of bones

Is a step along the way

Every wrong done is a game plan

To that great and joyful day

And I'm looking at the father and the son

And I'm looking at the mother and the daughter

And I'm watching them in tears of pain

And I'm watching them suffer

Don't tell that little girl

Tell me

Tell me there's a heaven

Tell me that it's true

Tell me there's a reason

Why I'm seeing what I do

Tell me there's a heaven

Where all those people go

Tell me they're all happy now

Papa tell me that it's so

SO... Tell me there's a heaven...

Okay, I'm tired, Good night all. And God bless you. I felt that somebody will understand me here, it seems I was wrong.

You don't need evidence do believe in God. He stands outside, outside the spacetime, the Universe and...

But if this God acts in some way and affects our universe in some way then there will be evidence for his existance in the things he does. Yet I've never found any such evidence that couldn't be explained in some other far more simple and far more likely way. If God really did act on this universe then you would expect to find something that can only be explained by the existence of God.

If this God however does not act but just stands outside of spacetime and the Universe and doesn't interact with this universe at all (exactly what you would expect from something outside of spacetime and outside of our universe) - then he is of no importance whatsoever.

Okay, I'm tired, Good night all. And God bless you. I felt that somebody will understand me here, it seems I was wrong.

What's to understand? and stick your blessings so far up your arse they are never seen again... you trolling bag of dog vomit.

OK, who created the big bang? What do you think? The particles appeared from a great soup-like nonexistent fluid?

I don't know. I'm not a physicist - and neither are you. I know better than to assume knowledge in a discipline that I've never studied.

I felt that somebody will understand me here, it seems I was wrong.

We understand you fine. We are not obligated however to:

1. Respect a viewpoint we see as flawed.

2. Tolerate a flawed viewpoint just to play "nice".

3. Care about your feelings.

However there are no sources which show that Jesus had some kind of ilness.

That's because there are no sources other than the Bible that even show that Jesus ever existed except in the minds of christians.

However there are no sources which show that Jesus had some kind of ilness.

That's because there are no sources other than the Bible that even show that Jesus ever existed except in the minds of christians.

I don't know... talking to the 'devil' is evidence of some form of illness...

OK, who created the big bang? What do you think? The particles appeared from a great soup-like nonexistent fluid?

I don't know. I'm not a physicist - and neither are you. I know better than to assume knowledge in a discipline that I've never studied.

Actually "The particles appeared from a great soup-like nonexistent [sic] fluid" is a pretty good statement of what happens in space-time today. :) They've been observed in vapour chambers, so it's not even a phenomena of flat or ultra curved space-time (where the stresses, and energies get pretty insane, mathematically). Actually there is a definite possibility that black holes 'vent' protons (effectively Hydrogen nuclei) as they suck up 'virtual' particles, since we don't know (and the maths doesn't predict) whether a black hole 'favours' an anti-particle, a particle or is an equal opportunity devourer and annihilator of matter...

YooHoo.... *waves*

I really would like you to answer this one...

About this survey, I never knew about that. But I've heard about prayers and miracles in Bulgaria, the pastor said that his father was healed of a very serious form of cancer. And he looks like a honest person.

Oh please... you believe him because he looks like a honest person?

Is this guy honest-looking? Would you believe his claims of miracles?

Middle-eastern.jpg