Goodbye Jesus

A Lost Swede

Emme

Guest Prunesquallor

Yeah. While Sweden is in many aspects a very secular country it has the biggest Pentacostal congregation in northern europe. The first person to bring pentecostalism to sweden was indeed an american (the swedish-american Andrew G. Johnson - part of the first group of missionaires sent from Azusa Street). However, pentacostalism was spread in Sweden mainly by swedes. Also -the swedish pentacostal church has traditionally been one of the more missionary-minded. In Brazil churches founded by the Swedish Pentecostal mission claim several million members. So I guess we should take a fair share of the blame... (I stole some of the info from wikipedia. Didn't know it all by heart :P)

Anyway. I am very fond of the two small pentecostal congregations I grew up in. Most of the things I find distasteful about christianity are not unique to pentecostalism. And while speaking in tongues and other such practices may be slightly crazy I find it quite harmless...

Welcome Prunesq,

You know what I miss most from Sweden? Maxi burger and pizza. Well, almost. I've found some burger joints that got close enough burgers, and we have a pizza place near my job that got pizza that's just ... awesome!

And the candy... Swedish candy is just so much better... and the chocolate, ice cream, bread... and I miss a bowl of "fil och flingor".

We do have "hårt bröd" here, and Kalles Kaviar (Ikea). Even "sill" but it's hard to get the fresh baby potatoes at midsommar.

You're making me patriotic! And also hungry! Now I know what I'll have for dinner - all of the above except maybe for sill!

You're right about the bread. I've spent a few weeks in America, and somehow, the wheat is different in the U.S. I think it's because we add gluten to in in sweden- hence all the gluten intolerence.

Guest Prunesquallor

Oh. A lot of new posts while I was writing... My last post was intended as a reply to Ex-COGs post.

HanSolo: I love "fil och flingor" as well!

Anyway. I am very fond of the two small pentecostal congregations I grew up in. Most of the things I find distasteful about christianity are not unique to pentecostalism. And while speaking in tongues and other such practices may be slightly crazy I find it quite harmless...

I grew up in a Pentecostal church, and it was nice. Lovely people, and I now can view certain attitudes and issues from a different light, and... oh, I wish I could go back in time and straighten them out! :HaHa:

Anyway, I still can speak in tongues. Take that Holy Spirit!

Oh, Swedish food! I'm Swedish decent and there was a Swedish restaurant where I used to live. It also had a Swedish gift shop, which is where I got my collectiion of Dala horses. I also have an affinity for glass art, which my mother says comes from my Swedish genes.

Everytime, my children visit, I force them to bring me back lingonberries, Swedish pancakes are not the same without them, and yellow peas to make soup.

Though, they have just opened an Ikea an hour away from me, I have to go there to get some Swedish food.

I think you will be able to get the lingonberries at Ikea. They also have some Marabou and other good stuff. Cheese is probably the most difficult item to find. There's nothing here like Herrgårdsost or Prästost.

M,

We all felt that way before we found this website. I thought only a few demon possessed crazies would fall out of faith, so when I went through the process it was like "there can't be many that went through this", and then I came here and found out that I was not alone. Still, it seems like it's fairly rare, but it does happen more than expected, and it seems like we're getting more and more members. It could be a sign that the world is changing and people start waking up. We can only hope.

Might the internet have something to do with it? After all, many of us found this site when googling for something else.

Might the internet have something to do with it? After all, many of us found this site when googling for something else.

That's funny, I actually googled "exchristian."

Very true. But it seems that most who find this website are pretty recent de-conversionists. Could it be a sign of a new trend? I sure hope so.

Reading all this reminds me that some day I will want to tour through Scandinavia... :)

(...and Scotland... and Japan... damn, so many places I want to visit someday... :) )

Quick,

First I thought.. whah!? Quick is swedish too??!? :HaHa:

Well I'm a 100% american which means I am at least 1% Swede and 99% everything else. :HaHa:

I grew up in a pentecostal church, my grandfather was a pastor and now my

brother is a pastor aswell.

Welcome to the boards! With all those pastors around, your milk should always be fresh indeed!

LOL just kidding!

I love your avatar, futurerama is the shitz, love it!

Is it true that all Swedish girls are hot?

:Love::poke::bounce:

Of course! Blond girls actually conduct traffic naked in our country :grin:

OMG I just saw your profile, your a lil hottie as well! grrrr...

Yet another ex-c chick on my radar! hehe

:scratch: I can see a LOT of things have changed since I lived there... last time I visited it was the polar bears conducting the traffic.... this makes me consider moving back.

:wicked:

:scratch: I can see a LOT of things have changed since I lived there... last time I visited it was the polar bears conducting the traffic.... this makes me consider moving back.

:lmao::funny::lmao: