Goodbye Jesus

My New Avatar

GraphicsGuy

I know I've been seeming a little more bitter than usual lately. A lot of it may be due to lack of sleep plus all the arguing with fundies and whatnot. I've ended up on sleep meds since my brain won't shut off at night. I dream of war, conflict, fighting, running, struggling all through the night.

Anyway, I threw this image together pretty quickly in 3D Studio - didn't spend much time on it at all and then added the text in CorelDraw. Kind of sums up how I feel about Xianity. The life I wasted in it. The promises in the Bible that were broken. The blood that Jesus supposedly spilt, yet was really wasted (God sacrificing himself to himself), plus the blood that Xians have spilled over the millenias, and the blood they spill today (literally and symbolically ripping open wounds, etc.)

brokenCross4.jpg

I know I've been seeming a little more bitter than usual lately. A lot of it may be due to lack of sleep plus all the arguing with fundies and whatnot. I've ended up on sleep meds since my brain won't shut off at night. I dream of war, conflict, fighting, running, struggling all through the night.

Anyway, I threw this image together pretty quickly in 3D Studio - didn't spend much time on it at all and then added the text in CorelDraw. Kind of sums up how I feel about Xianity. The life I wasted in it. The promises in the Bible that were broken. The blood that Jesus supposedly spilt, yet was really wasted (God sacrificing himself to himself), plus the blood that Xians have spilled over the millenias, and the blood they spill today (literally and symbolically ripping open wounds, etc.)

Not a bad render. Still working on faces myself. Biggest stumbling block is likeness renders.

Yeah, you're working on the hard stuff first! Maybe not a bad way to do it.

I mostly work on industrial objects. A lot of the modelling is done for me from the engineer's Inventor models, but I generally always have to add details (screws, fittings, interior components, etc.).

I do a lot of modelling just with primitives and booleans (the cross for instance) or spline modelling (the "blood" - my fav since it's like vector drawing in 3D space).

Overall though, I spend most of my time on texturing and lighting. Same with this image even though I only modified standard materials and merged in a light set from another project.