Goodbye Jesus

Sheila! My Best Photo-realistic So Far Imo

SWIM

LIGHTING!

Wow I took it for granted so much so far. I took a simple base, morphed it a bit, then focused a few hours on the lighting.

The second from the left and the portait look pretty much real so far, each figure has a different custom light set I made.

What do you think?

I personally like the light set used in the portait.

sheila.jpg

Are these really only your first few attempts? 'Cuz if they are, you're progressing at an amazing rate! Here's another work to inspire your progression. I'm not sure if you can view it though without a membership at Deviant art, being of a mature rating and whatnot, but you should probably post some of your stuff there anyway.

Warning: if you have a sensitive constitution, you might like to avoid his other stuff. But then again, your artistic objectivity would seem to require overlooking the content. ;)

btw, if you're using poser 7, which I assume you are given that you have spoken about getting top of the line stuff for your art, would you say that I should get that, or wait, as I've heard that a new one should be out some time in '08. That pic I linked to has inspired me to give rendering a shot.

btw, if you're using poser 7, which I assume you are given that you have spoken about getting top of the line stuff for your art, would you say that I should get that, or wait, as I've heard that a new one should be out some time in '08. That pic I linked to has inspired me to give rendering a shot.

Yeah these are early attempts, I am glad you think I am progressing fast, seems kinda slow, and I still have tons to learn.

Poser 7 is what I am using, and PS CS3 for touch-ups. I would wait until the spring of next year because poser 7 pro version is coming out. It will have a 64 bit render engine. You need a 64 bit comp for that, running a 64 bit OS as well, but it would dramatically speed up the render time. Plus the standard 32 bit XP or vista only handles up to 4 gigs of ram, whereas with 64 bit you can have up to 128 gig of ram I believe. I am running intel D 3ghz dual core, with 4 gigs of ram and it takes me over 5 minutes for a maxed res render. This SEVERELY slows you down! Of course, setting the render engine to "draft" takes 1/4 the time, but you cannot really tell, especially with lighting, that you are achieving photo-realism.

I will be upgrading to poser 7 pro when it comes out, also the new incarnation of PS will have 64 bit capabilities too. Most likely get a new tower then, with as much ram as I can shove in it. :)

3D art, doing photo-realism, means you need VERY high res textures. This is where memory becomes a real issue. Also, with the more complex models, like daz3d's victoria 4, that gobbles up ram as well. Sometimes when I have two models loaded at once, both hi-res on skin and clothing, the comp I have slows down to like a commodore 64 lol!

Wow, that's daunting. I currently only have 1 gig ram in my unit, and it can only handle up to 2. My processor only runs at about 2.4 ghz, though if I killed a lot of operations, it could concievably go up to 3. Nothing I do can make it run much faster than it is now it seems. I would have shelled out some more for the program (poser), but I expected to have this computer for another 2 years, or until some good deal comes along. I'm not that dedicated to this whole thing yet.

I wish I was as savvy as some of my friends though, who could build a faster rig for relatively cheap. Cheaper than what I paid for this one. I don't necessarily regret the purchase, but I probably shoulda' waited.

Hey, what about gaming rigs? I understand that they are made to run graphics heavy programs.

d'jou look at that link, or can you?

Im still holding out for the olsen twins lesbian rendering.

Hey, what about gaming rigs? I understand that they are made to run graphics heavy programs.

Can't look at the link, but will likely sign-up, don't have a lot of time today being xmas and all.

Gaming rigs, yes. Two years ago, my comp was cutting edge gaming comp. It makes sense, because nowadays most games are 3D art basically, so they will be optimized for this. A BIG factor is the video card, spare no expense in that dept.

LOL rip! Hey rip, if you can find me a good collection of hi-res olsen pics I might give it a whirl sometime next week ;)

OK I just looked at it. Interesting, but not my style. "Eyes, imo, are the strong points to 3D people. To make them just simply "glowing holes" even if it is surreal, just seems wrong... lol. Good body texture though. I think I could do a bit better then that though... maybe...

Yeah I signed up, am palehorse777, might start posting some of my pg-13 and R rated ones there. Funny, being a perv and all, there is something about working on a model for hours at a time that, in an odd way, sorta makes you "respect" the model your creating. I know that sounds strange, but I seldom ever do over PG-13 or R rated pictures, never even tried an X. Art projects are kinda like your children, you kinda wanna keep them from harm lol.

I think I can make the occasional exception. Rip, when I finish the olsen request, I will likely link it in there, can't keep filling up Dave's server harddrive with my uploads lol. Besides, don't think he would appreciate lesbo pictures posted here anyway...

It will have a 64 bit render engine. You need a 64 bit comp for that, running a 64 bit OS as well, but it would dramatically speed up the render time. Plus the standard 32 bit XP or vista only handles up to 4 gigs of ram, whereas with 64 bit you can have up to 128 gig of ram I believe. I am running intel D 3ghz dual core, with 4 gigs of ram

Just for information sake, 64 bit OS's can theoretically handle up to 8 Terabytes of ram, of course no MB can support no where near that...yet. :grin: The 128 GB limit you are thinking of is for 32 bit systems using PAE (Physical Address Extenstions)

I've got 4 gigs of ram as well, but my system only sees 3.3 of it, because of the ram on my video card...I've tried to run 64bit vista, but there still isn't many programs which work correctly on it.

Good work on the pictures though :wicked:

oh man..that would be the greatest christmas pic of all!! Olsen twins lesbo style!

oh man..that would be the greatest christmas pic of all!! Olsen twins lesbo style!

Along those lines (creating look-alikes) I have came up with a brand new technique I will be trying next week, maybe tommorrrow. Taking photos, and adding gridlines and making precise facial feature measurements, rather then playing it by ear.

In order to do this rip, I need a good hi-res frontal and profile, prefferably as expressionless as possible. Expressions tend to distort the face, so those "deadass serious" poses are the best.

I will see how will this technique will work and possibly expand on it to other likenesses.

http://www.skins.be/wallpaper/olsen-twins/16509/1024x768/

http://www.skins.be/wallpaper/olsen-twins/28674/1280x1024/

I couldnt find any good hi res profile. perhaps your searching will be more fruitful. I did include these two links.

You rock!