Goodbye Jesus

Christmas

sonyaj68

JS,

I'm curious, why would you want to discuss home schooling in the Lion's Den?

I went to start a thread for you, but then hesitated.

I think Home schooling is a serious subject. The person I regard as my closest friend of these forums, home schools. In real life, a very close friend homeschools. If I had my life over, I would like to home school for my children's early years and be in more control of my children's education over all (lahtough they have all turned out fine going to state schools) .... so I think it is a serious subject that warrants serious conversation, not insult and ridicule ... why would you think this a good way to appraoch the subject?

I worry of course for those children who are given poor or narrow minded educations - some are home schooled, some are in state schools, some are in private schools, so I understand some of the concerns that have been voiced.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Grandpa Harley

• sonyaj68

• justsomeone

• Ouroboros

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

so....is this topic going to be shifted to the Lions Den? PLEEAASSE?

Can't any of you chosen ones go to Lion's Den and start a new topic? I will certainly join in.

And I say 'chosen ones' with tongue in cheek and no offense intended. It fits when compared to me at least. I am defintely not a 'favorite' here. But all is good and I am growing to respect this forum and you all more and more as I interact.

js

JS,

I personally don't have the ability to move the current thread over to the Lions Den, however I was able to open a topic as a continuation so to speak. Many people seem to be interested in the topic of home schooling and I have to say I am one of them, considering I too am a parent, my husband is a Secondary School Teacher, and also it is of interest to me as I am a Psychologist.

Anyway it is open there so please go for it! Also, I did reply to your previous comment to me on this thread. If youhad nothing to say or coment to as to my reply, that is fine. I just did not know if you saw it.

J.

JS,

I think Home schooling is a serious subject. The person I regard as my closest friend of these forums, home schools. In real life, a very close friend homeschools. If I had my life over, I would like to home school for my children's early years and be in more control of my children's education over all (lahtough they have all turned out fine going to state schools) .... so I think it is a serious subject that warrants serious conversation, not insult and ridicule ... why would you think this a good way to appraoch the subject?

I worry of course for those children who are given poor or narrow minded educations - some are home schooled, some are in state schools, some are in private schools, so I understand some of the concerns that have been voiced.

I do not want to but others do so I asked them why they do not do it.

Yes, I am banned from pm'ing and starting new topics and I have asked and asked but I receive very little response so far. I goofed up earlier in my Lion's Den post and was graciously forgiven somewhat but am reaping still some untrust. I do not blame anyone but wish I could pm some of you and do stuff like start a new topic.

I think the moderators are doing what they think is best so I will respect that and be patient.

Thanks for thinking of starting the thread for me. It means alot but you would really be starting it for a few others who can do it themselves I think......... unless they are banned too????? lol Just read some of the posts before this one.

Wow, thanks for the good words, I too agree that the Lion's Den is not the best place to discuss it but again see my above comments. Maybe you could post it in the arena or something. Let me know.

js

aw shit, when did this thread derail into homeschooling?

i thoiught it was about christmas

although i don't suppose sonya will ever be back w/ some answers, her husband found out again huh

Since this topic is already on page 14 and has derailed from the original topic a while back, there's no use to move it to the LD since when it grows to big we might have to close it anyway, just because of its size. So, anyone who wants to discuss a different subject and do it in LD, then open a new topic.

And Justsomeone, it was decided when you were let back in again to have your PM and New Topic privileges kept on hold. It might be lifted in the future, it might not. And the Arena is not a place you or anyone else starts new topics, because it is a 1-on-1 debate area which is supervised and moderated to a higher level, which means topics have to be applied for and a moderator creates the thread. Lion's Den and Colosseum should suffice.

so....is this topic going to be shifted to the Lions Den? PLEEAASSE?

Can't any of you chosen ones go to Lion's Den and start a new topic? I will certainly join in.

And I say 'chosen ones' with tongue in cheek and no offense intended. It fits when compared to me at least. I am defintely not a 'favorite' here. But all is good and I am growing to respect this forum and you all more and more as I interact.

js

JS,

I personally don't have the ability to move the current thread over to the Lions Den, however I was able to open a topic as a continuation so to speak. Many people seem to be interested in the topic of home schooling and I have to say I am one of them, considering I too am a parent, my husband is a Secondary School Teacher, and also it is of interest to me as I am a Psychologist.

Anyway it is open there so please go for it! Also, I did reply to your previous comment to me on this thread. If youhad nothing to say or coment to as to my reply, that is fine. I just did not know if you saw it.

J.

I would never knowingly not respond to a response from you so I must have overlooked it. I will go back and look.

As to the new homeschool thread, that is what I meant......not moving this one, just starting another one but now that I see your's and Alice's comments I think maybe we should start it afresh in the arena or in this area. If people want it in the Lion's Den just so they can try to out do each other in vulgarity I think we would be wasting space there.

Contrary to some people's opinions, homeschooling can be discussed without too much swearing, I think! lol

js

Man Hans,

Many thanks for checking or at least updating me on my status. I understand and will wait.

Thanks for the heads up on the new threads too.

So, Alice maybe before it takes on a life of it's own in the Lion's Den you should start it here now. If Hans sees it as a good thing to do maybe he could derail it from the LD and divert it here.

js

JS,

If it's the person I think it is, then it is because the state of state run schools is pretty poor, not to ensure that her off spring only learns creationism (and then only the boys... the girls don't need to bother their pretty little heads over man's stuff like that... just cookin and sewin' and how to keep her man happy in bed... when she's handed to him)

Hi J,

Is this the one I missed? Sorry, I have never written so much in so short a time in my life but many of you are making me think and rethink things that I get lost sometimes. Please always stay on me if I lose track. Neon was right a long time ago about it being rude to not respond to someone when directly approached so again if I do it it will only be because of my brain deadness and not rudeness.

Your words in bold.

The simple fact that you say "IF" to both your god comments....IF god is real....IF god created......, means there is question as to it, hence it is not an instinctual/intrinsic and naturally occuring "JUST IS".

Big question about God in my mind. It's weird, to believe God exists seems so absolutely natural in one way yet totally unbelievable in another. I am watching how things play out in my own mind. It kind of 'just is' and it kind of isn't. How's that for clarity? lol

Why is my question of 'Do you believe in love" ludicrious? Do you?

I believe in feces because I must wipe more butts than my own (my kids) and it's hard not to 'believe in it'.

js

although i don't suppose sonya will ever be back w/ some answers, her husband found out again huh

Hush you... I was enjoying the space she used to occupy.

Grandpa Harley wrote:

Hush you... I was enjoying the space she used to occupy

Yes, voids are GOOD! :grin:

Hi J,

Is this the one I missed? Sorry, I have never written so much in so short a time in my life but many of you are making me think and rethink things that I get lost sometimes. Please always stay on me if I lose track. Neon was right a long time ago about it being rude to not respond to someone when directly approached so again if I do it it will only be because of my brain deadness and not rudeness.

Your words in bold.

The simple fact that you say "IF" to both your god comments....IF god is real....IF god created......, means there is question as to it, hence it is not an instinctual/intrinsic and naturally occuring "JUST IS".

Big question about God in my mind. It's weird, to believe God exists seems so absolutely natural in one way yet totally unbelievable in another. I am watching how things play out in my own mind. It kind of 'just is' and it kind of isn't. How's that for clarity? lol

Why is my question of 'Do you believe in love" ludicrious? Do you?

I believe in feces because I must wipe more butts than my own (my kids) and it's hard not to 'believe in it'.

js

The thing is JS, your kids are going to poop whether you wipe their butts or not, aren't they? Is that something you taught them to do, or was it a naturally occuring/intrinsic/instinctual thing they do, whether you believe IN IT or not?

BTW apologies to all for this denegrating to a "crap" fest! lol I am trying to show the differences between a JUST IS and a taught concept to JS.

This topic belonged in the Lion's Den from the get go. I also put in my vote to send this topic to the Lion's Den.

Just:

Mad, you seem to really have it all figured out.

Thank you for acknowledging the truth.

This is Above Rubies. A website so keen on making sure that women stay home, procreate, submit and like it. Those are their life choices... period. I'm sure your wife will love it.

Hey Mad,

As to acknowledging the truth, I did have to chuckle. Thanks for the reprieve.

Again what is so irksome to you about procreating and staying at home (which is more work than doing what I see some working women doing outside of the home). Also 'staying at home' is quite a misnomer and antiquated term. My wife is rarely home. She is out and about and she and the kids run quite a successful business out of our home. It is quite a money maker but she believes all the profits must go to the kids or people in need.

It's not a big money maker compared to some, maybe a few thousand a year. She and the kids like to do birthday parties for inner city kids who have broken homes. She and the kids supply all the presents and food and entertainment.

I argue that we are low income and she says we have enough. I got to agree.

What's the submit thing?

Do you submit in any way to your husband? Doesn't he submit to you at all?

js

J,

Again I have read and re read your 'just is' thoughts and I will say again, very good. Not that you need to hear a very good from the likes of me but I had to say it anyway. Give credit where credit is due.

We could get away from the crap fest if you would answer my question that I posed to you about 3 times now.

Why is my question of 'Do you believe in love" ludicrious?

Do you?

js

J,

Again I have read and re read your 'just is' thoughts and I will say again, very good. Not that you need to hear a very good from the likes of me but I had to say it anyway. Give credit where credit is due.

We could get away from the crap fest if you would answer my question that I posed to you about 3 times now.

Why is my question of 'Do you believe in love" ludicrious?

Do you?

js

Hi JS,

This is my last for the night as it is close to midnight here and tomorrow is my monday. Your question "do you believe in love" I have already answered, several times now and my trying to explain WHY it(the initial question) is ludicrous lead me TO the "crapfest" speak.

Like taking a dump, LOVE too is something we all just do because it is one of the JUST IS's, regardless of being taught TO or having to believe IN it.

J.

I think he's a liar.

My deepest apologies.... this is the Colosseum.

After giving the poster's oeuvre due consideration, I feel that it is self evident that the posts are riddled with self serving word play, half truths, distortions and out right false hoods, for which the poster in question is not being brought to account.

It was clear from the outset what his purpose here was, and I have still yet to see anything that anyone with an IQ over 70, or a needlessly optimistic view of humanity, would consider as a substantive deviation from that initial posting. However, if someone can disabuse me of the opinion that the poster is anything more than an internet troll, I should be grateful.

Well, can anyone?

Michael, your comments in bold.

You lost MEGA points on the respect meter with me when you tell me you are home schooling, I am strongly against it, and I pity your kids.

I will earn those points back somehow. I will. Don't pity the kids, they're happy. I know some public school kids that need pitying.

How do you *know* 11 kids are *happy*? No, I doubt very seriously you will be winning points back, unless of course, you wake up and send them to REAL school so they can get in touch with the REAL world.

Home schooling...That concept bothers me deeply.

Life's too short to be bothered by what others do unless what they are doing is directly damaging to you or yours. Do you really think our public school system has less flaws than home schooling? We have many 'public school' friends and we get along and get togther regularly.

What you are doing DOES effect ALL of us by adding large amounts of uneducated kids into the world. There are probably LESS flaws in a public school then your living room...

But are you "better" then you public school friends? Seems like you think so...

I have a fundy in-law and my biggest pet pev is the home schooling. She's not even college educated, and very *fundy*. she makes them memorize bible passages, and puts a biblical "spin" on everything she teaches. She also teaches them creationism.

I have heard of worse things parents teach their kids and I am talking public school parents and kids. I drive school bus part time and have been for 16 years and the things I have seen and heard regularly from some of the kids really makes me sad for them. I get along with all the kids.

They are neat people and you know what?

This is an aside but it is so amazing to be a bus driver for so long. I am now dropping off kids of some of kids I use to drop off!

I wish I was in charge of accepting/rejecting your adoption application, I will give you three guesses as to how I would vote on your application (first two guesses don't count). All I can say is you are lucky this is the coliseum and not the lion's den.

Well I guess I am glad you are not our case worker or maybe I wish you were. I'm a bit scared about this. As to being lucky this is not in the lion's den, bring it on friend. (Hopefully 'friend' doesn't offend.)

Yeah, if you are *scared* about adopting more kids then DON'T do it. If you yourself are in doubt... Ahhh I bet you never shared that tid-bit with your case worker did you?

As far as the Den goes, I will let you decide that one, you want a thread there, start one, since you are the one that's gonna be chewed on. But be aware *I* won't be the only ex after a peice of you.

oh... I forgot, I don't think this one can open new threads, OK I will start a Den thread on home-schooling.

1. Do you celebrate Christmas with your family?

2. I you answered yes how can you get around that Christmas is a Christian holiday?

3. If you answered no, how do you handle things in your community, your children’s schools, co-workiers exchanging gits, Christmas cards, parties, etc. And, do your kids feel left out?

Number 1...

Yes, I celebrate Christmas with my family. I just started my deconversion last month and I made it through Christmas quite easily.

Number 2...

My family is basically CINO, despite the fact that both sides of my family (spouse and I) are split interestingly religion-wise (among Catholic, Lutheran and Presbyterian). They attend church on Sundays and probably pray to themselves and for others, but religion was barely touched at home. I guess for the respective denominations they are devout, but they aren't to the degree of a Baptist or some fundamentalist families. I have kept my deconversion to myself and I don't see my family that often. In some way, it works itself out.

Number 3...

It doesn't bother me. I treat like the secular holiday it has become. I get gifts for my co-workers, exchange Christmas cards, go to parties. It's a big secular festival and it historically has been. Basically, I went with the flow.

Hey Michael,

Make a new topic on homeschooling or whatever it is you want over there and then we can get real ugly and nasty discussing it. We can try to outdo each other with insults and derogatory comments. Can't beat a good time!

Here you go. And it is all up to YOU how far this goes:

http://www.ex-christian.net/index.php?show...c=21250&hl=

Hush you... I was enjoying the space she used to occupy.

First I thought that was a compliment….I was so excited…then I read the next post and figured out it must be a compliment…you know me, I’m dense. I guess I’ll go post something on the home school thread,,,,I have a definite opinion about that.

PS I'm watchin A Time to Kill-----I love that movie!!!

Did Satan skate to work, you fundy bigot?

:wub: (((((((((ALICE AND MADAMEM))))))))))))) you two and Japedo are my three closest friends, not just at Ex-C but across the web. Even though I've never met you all offline, I feel like you are close in my outside of the internet life as well. I love you gals and that is meant sincerely. :HappyCry:

I have not been to this thread in a very long time and only came this evening to see what was going regarding home schooling and justsomeone, I'm humbled by your posts.

Did Satan skate to work, you fundy bigot?

I'm not a bigot!!!!! I just had the guts to state that racism is not acceptable - it is dangerous - and that it is not easy to break the chains of generational bondage of sin in this area when you were brought up where it was not only accepted but it was expected. A Time to Kill is a wonderful movie of why these areas in our lives MUST change and an example of why I've started making the changes within my self, my children, my family, my friends to let them know that it is not acceptable.