Goodbye Jesus

Omfg! Just Visited The Website Of A Church I Used To Go To...

Kelli

Kevin's thread about the pastor waving a gun at the carwash reminded me of this crazy church I used to attend. I decided to look it up and see if they have a website. Indeed they do, and though that pastor is gone, there are still many people there that were there 13 years ago. I can't believe I used to buy into this shit.

Check out the requirements to do "Special Music." BAAAAARF!

Special Music Ministry prepares hearts for preaching while praising the Lord. Psalm 96:2, “Sing unto the LORD, bless his name; shew forth his salvation from day to day.”

Rules for performing special music at Southeast:

Please make a copy of your music and give it to (The Song Sign Language Interpreter). If the song you are singing is in the Church Hymn book just tell her which song you'll be singing.

No background tapes. (Unless Pastor personally approves)

You need to give your music to a pianist at least a week ahead.

No teen groups. Teens are only allowed to sing with their own parents.

Have to be modestly dressed. (Women; no pants. Men; ties.)

ROFLMAO! I wonder what they would say if I walked in these days wearing a skirt like the one in my avatar. I've actually thought about doing something like that just to see if someone recognizes me and what their reaction would be. :lmao:

Kevin's thread about the pastor waving a gun at the carwash reminded me of this crazy church I used to attend. I decided to look it up and see if they have a website. Indeed they do, and though that pastor is gone, there are still many people there that were there 13 years ago. I can't believe I used to buy into this shit.

Special Music Ministry prepares hearts for preaching while praising the Lord. Psalm 96:2, “Sing unto the LORD, bless his name; shew forth his salvation from day to day.â€

Rules for performing special music at Southeast:

Please make a copy of your music and give it to (The Song Sign Language Interpreter). If the song you are singing is in the Church Hymn book just tell her which song you'll be singing.

No background tapes. (Unless Pastor personally approves)

You need to give your music to a pianist at least a week ahead.

No teen groups. Teens are only allowed to sing with their own parents.

ROFLMAO! I wonder what they would say if I walked in these days wearing a skirt like the one in my avatar. I've actually thought about doing something like that just to see if someone recognizes me and what their reaction would be. :lmao:

OMG, that's so silly!

If you ever do it let us know what happened. Maybe take Kevin with you--no, maybe it's a bit much for him to travel across the country but I recommend having a body guard nearby for when they discover your identity or be very close to the exit nearest your car with your car keys in your hand and be sure no one is blocking your escape route. Somehow, I have a feeling you might be in physical danger.

Now about the skirt in your avatar...I can't find any avatar either here or in your profile that shows a skirt. What am I doing wrong? Both shows a girl's eyes.

If you ever do it let us know what happened. Maybe take Kevin with you--no, maybe it's a bit much for him to travel across the country but I recommend having a body guard nearby for when they discover your identity or be very close to the exit nearest your car with your car keys in your hand and be sure no one is blocking your escape route. Somehow, I have a feeling you might be in physical danger.

You're probably right. Maybe I should bring my mace. Seriously, I probably will do this someday, but it'll likely be my Mom's church.

Now about the skirt in your avatar...I can't find any avatar either here or in your profile that shows a skirt. What am I doing wrong? Both shows a girl's eyes.

Try hitting CTRL-F5 to clear your cache. I've been messing with avatars, pic ands such quite a bit today. Yeah, those'r my legs, LOL. That's the outfit I wore on Christmas, :HaHa:

I'll never understand technology. I decided to copy your sig and avatar before doing the control-f5 so I had a copy of whatever would change. And would you believe it (I guess you would), the image that showed up on Word was of your legs. Yet the image I did a copy of--the one I could see--was the cute girl with the curls in her eye. I think the best analogy humans have yet devised of the supernatural is high technology. When I first had a computer I told my mother that it would sometimes be easy to believe in magic because it is so unpredictable.

She did not comment and I realized later that it was not a wise thing to say. I had left her church. And now I had a computer. Not only did she know that it was the devil's tool but I was telling her that it was. BAAAD MOVE.

Actually, computers were so new at the time that I didn't know how she felt about them, but in retrospect I assumed these things.

But this has to be about the weirdest of them all--I could SEE what I was highlighting. And a totally different picture showed up when I pasted it into Word document.

Mom's gone so she'll never know about it. And I don't think she's watching from heaven, either. :)

I'll never understand why fundies think pants on women aren't modest enough. Dress pants are acceptable attire in workplaces and pretty much everywhere else where we need something classy, but not too formal. Not to mention, pants cover the legs better than most skirts. I personally own 2 skirts, and that's it for my girly stuff. It's not like women need to wear dresses anymore for anything other than their own wedding or some other extremely formal event, where you'll only where the dress once anyway. Although...part of me wants a little black dress, just to have one, but it's not like I'll ever have anywhere to wear it.

I'll never understand why fundies think pants on women aren't modest enough. Dress pants are acceptable attire in workplaces and pretty much everywhere else where we need something classy, but not too formal. Not to mention, pants cover the legs better than most skirts.

I always wondered that myself. It always seemed hypocritical to me.

I personally own 2 skirts, and that's it for my girly stuff. It's not like women need to wear dresses anymore for anything other than their own wedding or some other extremely formal event, where you'll only where the dress once anyway.

Holy crap! I have at least 15 dresses and skirts in my wardrobe and I'm just getting started. I just like them, but not anything frilly.. Yuck!

Although...part of me wants a little black dress, just to have one, but it's not like I'll ever have anywhere to wear it.

<smirk> I have one of those too... I think every girl should. :HaHa:

One of the churches I used to attend required that a person was giving- documented proof- 10% of their income before taxes plus offerings before they could be a part of the music ministry or any other kind of ministry in the church, including helping in the nursery and clean up duties. I was like, damn, why am I going to pay them to clean up the church. Brother!

I've heard of that and in fact went to a church similar but not quite as extreme. Great way to get out of the burden of doing `ministry` if you ask me :HaHa:

I'm just gonna temporarily hijack this thread to say:

KelliKat, you're drop-dead sexy!

Back to regular programming... ;)

*potential hijack warning*

I guess I'll never get it. What do pants have to do with modesty? Of course it's really just about women possibly doing something, anything, that even symbolically puts them on a level with the men... but this pseudo-reason...

...what kind of clothing can possibly reveal more of a woman, eh? Pants at least stay where they are unless you willfully start taking them off, while skirts and dresses... a sudden wind, a malevolent person standing next to you grabbing it... Waaaah!...

*head desk*

Another proof of "there's no upper limit to morontheist idiocy"!

KelliKat, all that I can say is, "Damn, those Gams!!!"

*potential hijack warning*

I guess I'll never get it. What do pants have to do with modesty? Of course it's really just about women possibly doing something, anything, that even symbolically puts them on a level with the men... but this pseudo-reason...

...what kind of clothing can possibly reveal more of a woman, eh? Pants at least stay where they are unless you willfully start taking them off, while skirts and dresses... a sudden wind, a malevolent person standing next to you grabbing it... Waaaah!...

*head desk*

Another proof of "there's no upper limit to morontheist idiocy"!

Yeah, that is my thought too. Skirts/dresses can potentially reveal far more of a woman's body than a blouse and pants. Here's a thought. Maybe the fundy men know this and subconsciously (or even consciously) tell women to wear skirts/dresses, just for the chance for the men to erm....give the skirt a little lift now and then? That makes more sense than the modesty line, lol.

Holy crap! I have at least 15 dresses and skirts in my wardrobe and I'm just getting started. I just like them, but not anything frilly.. Yuck!

Heh, I'm not exactly a girly girl. I tend to not like lace, unless it's dark colored, and I can't stand pink.

Back to regularly scheduled dress code discussion.....

Isn't it funny how women have many more codes than a man. IF women really dress modest they stand way out while men blend in.

It's really about control. Skirts limit a person more. You can't do as much in a skirt. Plus it distinguishes from pants. So sets women apart. Think about it, if a woman MUST wear a skirt, can she engage in what is typically considered "mens work"? She is forced to sit more modestly too. It is a control thing.

I agree, to fundies it may be a control issue, but I think it's an expression of femininity. Who wants to see a guy in a dress? Women are naturally beautiful and certain types of clothing show that beauty more than others. That's just me and maybe I'm biased from being disallowed expressing femininity most of my life. I never dressed in anything girly until I looked good enough to pull it off.

Anyway, as far as what they limit you from doing, work-wise... I've now worked on these in a skirt :lmao:

continental25kwfmtransmitter.jpg

BE_FMi073_FM_HD_transmitter.jpg

But I understand what you're saying and can agree to an extent. Being trans, I obviously have a different perspective on it. Quite honestly, I'm of the opinion that most genetic women take their natural beauty and being allowed to show that beauty, for granted.

Heh, I'm not exactly a girly girl. I tend to not like lace, unless it's dark colored, and I can't stand pink.

Well, we're quite alike in that regard. Like I said, nothing frilly for me!

I'm just gonna temporarily hijack this thread to say:

KelliKat, you're drop-dead sexy!

Back to regular programming... ;)

LOL, I don't even know what to say to that. Ummmm, Thanks :)

But I understand what you're saying and can agree to an extent. Being trans, I obviously have a different perspective on it. Quite honestly, I'm of the opinion that most genetic women take their natural beauty and being allowed to show that beauty, for granted.

I think that's it. On another forum I met a woman who was a trans. She was further along the process but she believed that was the reason she wore dresses and skirts all the time.

As for myself, I never wore anything but dresses. They never kept me from doing any kind of work I wanted to do. My mother trained her daughters well in how to work and be very active while also keeping their bodies covered. There's a trick to it and I would guess it has to be instilled from a very early age and practiced on a daily basis. For any child--girl or boy--to lift another's dress was a very serious crime.

When I was in public school, in one class we used to line up at the door when class was dismissed. I was the most unpopular student in class. The most popular student was a girl and at one point she made a habit of getting into the line behind me and lifting my skirt. She could do this without being noticed by anyone except her friends who were in line immediately behind her. This kept on for quite a few days.

One day an older girl took me into confidence and asked me not to tell on the girl who did it. I said, "If she does it again I will tell." The only way the older girl knew about it was because someone (not me) told her about it.

Anyway, I didn't wait for it to happen again. I told the teacher. A day or two later, another horse and buggy girl was helping me with arithmatic during recess. The teacher was out of the classroom. The popular girl's friend came to the classroom door and demanded to know, "Is lifting a skirt a sin?"

My friend said in a very firm and unambiguous tone, "Yes."

The other girl walked away. This was in 1968 and at that school all girls was forced to wear skirts. They were allowed to wear slacks under their skirts but they had to wear a skirt to class. Somewhere along the line the popular girl told me, "I almost got heck" because I had tattled on her. As though I should care! I knew what was good for me and did not respond. But I most certainly did not feel sorry for her. I couldn't get my head around the fact that she thought I should. She deserved it!

Back to regularly scheduled dress code discussion.....

Isn't it funny how women have many more codes than a man. IF women really dress modest they stand way out while men blend in.

It's really about control. Skirts limit a person more. You can't do as much in a skirt. Plus it distinguishes from pants. So sets women apart. Think about it, if a woman MUST wear a skirt, can she engage in what is typically considered "mens work"? She is forced to sit more modestly too. It is a control thing.

I agree, to fundies it may be a control issue, but I think it's an expression of femininity. Who wants to see a guy in a dress? Women are naturally beautiful and certain types of clothing show that beauty more than others. That's just me and maybe I'm biased from being disallowed expressing femininity most of my life. I never dressed in anything girly until I looked good enough to pull it off.

Anyway, as far as what they limit you from doing, work-wise... I've now worked on these in a skirt :lmao:

post-2788-1198948868_thumb.jpg

post-2788-1198948935_thumb.jpg

Kelli, I am curious, how did your co-workers take your transition from a man to a woman? I hope that you did not face any problems.

Kelli, I am curious, how did your co-workers take your transition from a man to a woman? I hope that you did not face any problems.

Honestly, aside from one woman who got her panties in a wad over bathroom issues, I have had zero problems. I was well respected by my co-workers because I really know my shit and have it together. That hasn't changed. I am also a people-person and very friendly, that I'm sure has helped too.

I think you're right, I know I kind of did. A very dear friend of mine is tran post op, and one day we were talking about childhood things. I don't know how old you are, I'm 42, back when we were kids boys, pretty much all boys got buzz cuts, hair cuts. Back then she was a natural blonde, and just when her hair got long enough that she even had hair, it was off to the barber, and she cried every time. I cannot do her telling of this justice, but it touched me so deeply, it made me cry. As a kid I was the girliest girly girl ever. Between three and five I refused to leave the house without my gloves, or as I said then, my globes, hey I was little it was cute. I was, in my heart and mind a girl, I just also had a body to match, but somehow when she told this I could imagine someone trying to force me to be a boy, and it would have killed me inside. It's just a feeling I've never forgotten, not that I can completely relate.

On a side not, Kelli that is so NOT a modest skirt! You devil woman you're going to make all the men lust filled! ;)