Goodbye Jesus

"the Best Revenge Is To Live A Good And Happy Life"

girlfound

Some of us Ex-Christians, who are in recovery from religious brainwashing, have found positive ways to get revenge on those who have misused us. If you're one of them, please use this space to elaborate on these positive, healthy ways.

Forgive my intrusion, I don't want to come across as self-righteous or whatever, but it seems to me (and this is only an observation) that if revenge is a motivator for anything, then there must necessarily be some negative aspect to it. I mean, even if all you plan to do is live well, you must still contend with the malicious satisfaction of seeing the revenge-ee suffer as a result, even if only a little.

Some of us Ex-Christians, who are in recovery from religious brainwashing, have found positive ways to get revenge on those who have misused us. If you're one of them, please use this space to elaborate on these positive, healthy ways.

Revenge is not positive. There's an old saying that goes, "When you dig a grave for your enemy, dig one for yourself."

Forgive my intrusion, I don't want to come across as self-righteous or whatever, but it seems to me (and this is only an observation) that if revenge is a motivator for anything, then there must necessarily be some negative aspect to it. I mean, even if all you plan to do is live well, you must still contend with the malicious satisfaction of seeing the revenge-ee suffer as a result, even if only a little.

I agree. The best and healthiest way for me is to live my life the best way I know how regardless of what others think, and to cut the extremely negative people out of my life. I cannot afford to feel revengeful.

I think the whole thing about the 'best revenge' being to live a happy life - is supposed to imply that 'revenge' isn't useful ... best forget the harm and move on with your life.

Girlfound, could you clarify - are you asking how people have moved on with their lives without the need to take revenge, or how people have exacted revenge?

Thanks - Alice :)

Girlfound, do you have a journal? I mean the old-fashioned, hand written kind, not necessarily the online kind. It can be very therapeutic. Often times in my journal, I have written letters to people (that I have not sent of course), but which allow me to express my feelings. Then, you can write whatever you want to and nobody will ever know. Plus, since journals are merely paper, you can always rip out the pages later if you want. Shredding paper can be very therapeutic too.

Revenge against what and who?

First of all I blame myself for being so gullible and stupid to fall for all that crap. It's no one else fault, but my own. So if I got to take revenge, it's going to be against myself... which means I will lose either way.

And what is it that I regret or what is it that hurt me? Nothing really, but again, me being so stupid and foolish not to think and use my brain.

I can understand if some people have been hurt through abuse and such and want revenge because of those things, but it isn't really revenge against religion, but revenge against people who did bad things. And now we're talking about a completely different area. Revenge in the form of blood-for-blood, eye-for-and-eye and so on, usually ends up being completely disastrous. Revenge is never really a positive thing.

Another thing is that parents that brainwash their kids usually are brainwashed themselves, so by taking revenge on the parents it doesn't solve the problem. What needs to be rooted out is the viral memes that penetrate cultures and keeps on duplicating itself. We need to become the anti-virus to these memes instead of creating more turmoil and misuse.

So I guess, I'm not one that can elaborate on any positive, healthy ways to take revenge. I believe recovery, healing, and learning to stand on your own feet and be able to argue and defend your newly found non-religious mindset is the only "revenge" you can get.

... I have written letters to people (that I have not sent of course), but which allow me to express my feelings.

I have done this too Amethyst. When I was trying to sort through my thoughts about my fundamentalist Dad this helped tremendously.

I think the whole revenge thing is just a figure of speech, she know already revenge is not a positive thing, because her sup-title on the OP says "the best revenge is to live a good and happy life", this was kinda a disclaimer I interpret from her, meaning shes not thinking of it negatively.

I agree with that too, the best revenge is being happy, honest, and spiritual, with empathy for others, and love for your family.

This is the best "revenge" (translated: "way to show them your ok") to christianity. Why? Because they think you CAN'T do it without christboy! They think you *NEED* god an son to live a great life. A good way to show them that ain't true is by living it.

I feel this is not an appropriate topic for public perusal here at Ex-Christian dot net. Far too open to misuse and discussion of potentially unlawful actions.

If you feel you have something to send to girlfound on this subject, PLEASE do so off Ex-Christian dot net's PM system. Use her indicated e.mail or other communications form.

This Topic marked Unapproved and Closed by SnC 1310 us pacific time 12.29.2007