Goodbye Jesus

The rise and fall of delusion

webmdave

Goodbye Jesus

What a sad story.

Amazing, he went on "missions" to save people, gave his life to his faith, and when he needed his faith restored "the most" ...

Nothing but silence from god...

This is why I am so adamantly against pumping this crap into children's heads. It just takes too long to break out of deep programming, and those wasted years can never be retrieved.

Lots of sad stories like this around.

Man, that guy's story and mine is very similar (with a few exceptions). I never became a pastor or had a ministry like that, but I converted at 7, did the Bible school and mission trips and read Bible daily, and my belief and faith crumbled over time, and I was lucky that my wife and my kids pretty much de-converted at the same time as me - and without my influence - so I could keep my marriage and we could still build our family.

So the answer to the question what Ridi0t should do to take those 33 years back (that's about the length of my religious phase too!): get active, inform, educate, challenge, keep on asking the taboo questions and make people think and use their brains for once in their life. Way too much dust and cobwebs in the heads of our fellow humans. Make them come to new realizations and open their eyes. I think that's the only way to make any sense out of it and get anything good out of those lost years.

-edit-

Another vid by Ridi0t: link.

I really like the ending: "I still hold hopes that I'm wrong and the devil is just playing tricks with me, but if God is all soverign then he ordained my life to be this way. It sucks to be me." Awesome.

Soj, he's very talented in giving words to those feelings many of us here already have but can't express. The awe he talks about, the exhilarating and overwhelming emotion has hit me too at times, and it's more real and more concrete and true than any fake plastic "McDonald's" version I ever got in Church. These feelings are true to the core and make you one with all and everything.

Soj, he's very talented in giving words to those feelings many of us here already have but can't express. The awe he talks about, the exhilarating and overwhelming emotion has hit me too at times, and it's more real and more concrete and true than any fake plastic "McDonald's" version I ever got in Church. These feelings are true to the core and make you one with all and everything.

Absolutely HanSolo!

I feel so in awe of life and its so cool to me how this place makes me more alive than any church I could walk in because of the life that is respected here.

I went to church this morning for my husband. He loves me to be there at times and I like to bless him. But I felt so stifled and couldnt wait to get out to breathe again. Then I came here and saw those videos and ah, all is well.

sojourner

Interesting. So Soj, you start to feel traditional and organized religion is starting to cramp your style? :)

Btw, we should take this discussion outside of the "Testimonies" section since Christians aren't really allowed here, but I did let you pass since I think you're a different breed.