Goodbye Jesus

So Much For...

L.B.

"He that endures to the end shall be saved." - So much for "eternal security".

"You see, then, that a man is saved by what he does, and not by faith alone." - So much for "imputed righteousness" that has nothing to do with our goodness.

"Why call me good? No one is good except God." - So much for a divine Jayzus.

"He could not do many miracles there because of their unbelief." - So much for an omnipotent savior-jew.

"It is impossible for them who have fallen away to be renewed again..." - So much for "un-lose-able" salvation.

There are dozens more; those literally just came from my memory off the top of my head. I have YET to hear anyone refute these implications without doing serious violence to the text and to the boundaries of common sense and logic themselves. I haven't been around in a while; long story. Guess I just needed to reiterate how easy it has been for me to see right through the infallible/inspired/unshakeable word of gawd. When a Xtian wants to come find me and actually deal with the weight of these texts in the light of reality and not just their bomb-shelter faith tradition, they can message me here and I will give them my IM name so we can chat in real time. Looking forward, I really am, to the chance to watch these glassy-eyed lemmings froth and foam as their house of theological cards comes crashing down.

All very good points from their own "word of god" that christians love to dance around.

The committed Christian will still believe despite the contradictions. Only the open-minded will examine them.