Goodbye Jesus

God And Cuss Words

Neon Genesis

Well, Craphead too exception to my language before I added swearing to the list...

Point to the foul language in 'Sanctimonious sack of foetid pig's entrails'...

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Grandpa Harley

• Kuroikaze

• GraphicsGuy

• Brother Jeff

The truth is that I left behind such language in High School some ten years before I became a Christian. I have endeavored to be a family man and a gentleman long before being a believer. To me it is about respect. I am not shocked when men cuss at a bar, but if you are with children or ladies or the elderly, it does not show that you care about those around you. Most people, when you ask them not to use such language in front of you or your children or your wife, they will respect the request and save that language for appropriate places. These forums are visited by all genders and all ages and it is common curtosy to speak civilly as you would in any situation when you do not know who is listening. But some are too selfish to think about anyone but themselves. Men like Antlerman seem like gentleman without being Christians and I am sure there are some ladies that visit here also and cringe when such vulgarity is displayed.

This is not just me as I was arrested once in High School for vulgarity in public for dropping the f-bomb when a woman was within hearing distance and that was in Los Angelas.

It has nothing to do with being weak or a coward for those who love to draw baseless conclusions about others. In fact, I find it kind of cowardly to hide behind a computer screen and cuss out a man who could probably take your head off if you were standing in front of him and you spoke that way in front of his mother or wife or children. Or if you spoke to him that way after he warned you not to.

But that is just me.

In fact, I find it kind of cowardly to hide behind a computer screen and cuss out a man who could probably take your head off if you were standing in front of him and you spoke that way in front of his mother or wife or children. Or if you spoke to him that way after he warned you not to.

I've cussed out a couple of fundies directly on YouTube (as much to their face as possible) and told them I'd say it to their face if they were right there.

As for "all ages and genders" coming to this site...you really have a stereotype of how women are supposed to be, don't you?

People, regardless of gender, will choose to curse or not curse. It has nothing to do with anything beyond personal choice and/or habit.

Everybody is different. Some women act more like the stereotypical male. Some men act more like the stereotypical female. It doesn't mean they are gay either.

There is no difference between men and women except for how their bodies are shaped (and even those lines can be grey in some cases...).

I doubt many young kids come to this site. Teens who "wake up" early to the lies of religion, but otherwise we are pretty dull stuff.

Besides, most young kids have worse mouths than we do.

As for me, I say "fuck" a fair bit because there isn't another way in the English language that expresses so much anger and frustration in a single word.

A gentleman is a man who never uses the word...

and I doubt that there are many fainting ladies here... but I'm certain your faux gallantry will get your congregation applauding, but playing your own bigotry here just gets you called out on bigotry... you have a chip on your shoulder about GLBTs and women... Leviticus, and Paul... two of the greatest forces for patriarchal evil on this planet... and you're concerned that I swear and think that you are a foulness on the face of the species... you, sir, are an anachronism... a pontificating, judgemental, anachronism... an enabler of an abusive cult that has spread its evil in blood down the centuries... but of course, my 'foul language' is far more important than dealing with the monstrous lies you trade in, the specious asserting the 'order of God' in the home and the nature of GLBTs... You are the twisted monster, talking to your imaginary friend, and daring to tell us that you have the Truth

and face to face... ah... never assume you know someone's past. That is a good way of getting your guts spread up a wall... I've seen that more than once... it's expensive in dry cleaning.

Guest WarrantedPVC

Well, I'm not a fan of cussing - I guess it's mostly because I am a "nice girl". And because it shocks people when I DO end up using cuss words (as it's quite unusual from me).... I'm preserving it for special situations, that way it's easy to get a point across very powerfully...!!

PVC

but does the F-bomb give you an attack of the vapours?

Well, this woman doesn't give a fuck about the f bomb. I honestly don't know many outside of church that do.

With whinging idiots like him, communication never started... he certainly is lacking in knowledge of the meaning of the Latinate prefix 'Ex-'...

The truth is that I left behind such language in High School some ten years before I became a Christian. I have endeavored to be a family man and a gentleman long before being a believer.

Good for you...is this what you want to hear? I personally don't think using swear words has anything to do with being a family "person" or a decent human being.

To me it is about respect. I am not shocked when men cuss at a bar, but if you are with children or ladies or the elderly, it does not show that you care about those around you.

I think you live in a bubble, most of the most prolific users of swear words I know are elderly, why at my job today a man who was probably in his 70's came in and was dropping "F" bombs all over the place, it didn't really bother me though, he wasn't being abusive, it was just a part of his speech, and he was a perfectly nice person.

Most people, when you ask them not to use such language in front of you or your children or your wife, they will respect the request and save that language for appropriate places.

This depends on the person, if a normal polite person asks me in a normal and polite way to not use certain words in there presence I can respect that, I don't consider anything about you to be normal or polite, I don't sugar coat my disdain for your blatant hatred of anyone who dares to have a different opinion that you. I assure you I can be quite insulting with out every uttering a curse word at you..... like, for instance, when I called you a coward.

These forums are visited by all genders and all ages and it is common curtosy to speak civilly as you would in any situation when you do not know who is listening. But some are too selfish to think about anyone but themselves.

You have a lot of gall to accuse US of being selfish while you force us to listen to your inane dribble about magic undead god men, and rubbing your hands in glee at our eventual demise at the hands of that tyrant you call god.

Men like Antlerman seem like gentleman without being Christians and I am sure there are some ladies that visit here also and cringe when such vulgarity is displayed.

If anyone else is uncomfortable they can speak for themselves, I dare say that the the ladies here don't need you to run to their defense, indeed considering your views of women, most of them would be the ones cussing you out.

It has nothing to do with being weak or a coward for those who love to draw baseless conclusions about others. In fact, I find it kind of cowardly to hide behind a computer screen and cuss out a man who could probably take your head off if you were standing in front of him and you spoke that way in front of his mother or wife or children. Or if you spoke to him that way after he warned you not to.

But that is just me.

Hey, why don't you just say you are talking about me....I called you a coward and I don't intend to take it back... unless you can honestly say you actually DO other things besides rant and rave about cuss words. and I haven't even been swearing at you, have I?

When was the last time you worked in a soup kitchen to feed homeless people? Shared the gospel with a Muslim? Done mission work in a third world country? (I did all of those things when I was a Christian) Have you ever inconvenienced yourself in ANY way for your beliefs? No of course not, you just whine like a stuck pig and make veiled threats of violence against people, how very "Christian" of you.

You probably could beat me up, I'm not a very big or tough guy, would that make you feel superior? beating up someone who is weaker than you? I think when pushed a bit you show your true colors, you are just another jerk who thinks your religion is an excuse to push others around, and don't like the idea that some of us might have the gumption to push back.

This past christmas I went to the church banquet to be there for my husband, (oh how I hate those things) and so I have allergies and get asthsma when surrounded by lots of perfumes and colognes. So Im sitting there and my husband walks up to the table and takes one look at me and says 'you ok?' and I responded 'NO!, I can barely freaking breathe!' So then this couple at the table next to us whispers about my horrible behavior and gets up and moves. lol Over the word 'freaking'. whatever.

I know what you are going through, lots of perfumes give me sneezing fits, what really irksome, is that the people who got angry at you for using the word "freaking" were probably the same people who were slathered in the stuff that was causing your reaction in the first place....and they act like you are the thoughtless one.

The truth is that I left behind such language in High School some ten years before I became a Christian.

Why is it because you decide to give up cussing that the entire world must conform to your wishes?

I have endeavored to be a family man and a gentleman long before being a believer. To me it is about respect. I am not shocked when men cuss at a bar, but if you are with children or ladies or the elderly, it does not show that you care about those around you.

Long before you were a believer aye? You mean you actually admit to changing for the better before god? You actually admit that when you were a non believer you weren't some devil worshiping heretic? Who woulda thought..

In saying that, I have said it before and will say it again, I cuss like a truck driver who's got a flat and is behind his schedule, And you can forget it if the Sox or Patriots are losing or if Im sitting in traffic surrounded by Dee de dee's. To you it's about respect, to me it's about expressing myself. "Swear" words have less shock value and meaning then they did in the day's of yesteryear. In Shakespeare's time... Biting your thumb at someone is tantamount to flippin the bird. But If I stated I bite my thumb at you, you'd probably laugh and have zero clue what I was talking about. As said, words only have as much meaning as you give them.

Men like Antlerman seem like gentleman without being Christians and I am sure there are some ladies that visit here also and cringe when such vulgarity is displayed.

Why would this surprise you when in the same comment you said you pushed yourself to be a gentlemen before you were ever a believer? Antlerman is a classy guy, I think most if not all here would agree. IN saying that, I also see Gramps and Grinch (Checkmate) to be very classy men as well, and their verbiage is abrasive but is so on point. I admire all 3 men in their own right and love the fact that all 3 dare to be themselves ta heck what people think about it.

If ex-C is to freedom orientated for the weak women, then I'm sure they have no business being here in the first place. I hope this place never changes, it's perfect the way it is.. I wouldn't change a thing about it. People are forced to be oppressed in their dogma, why should they be forced to be oppressed on their support site?

Cussing doesn't cause me the vapors probably because I do it myself at times.

Why is it the Christians who come here try to limit our freedom of speech? If they say something we find offensive they claim freedom of speech. It's a two way street isn't it or does freedom of speech only apply to Christians?

Guest WarrantedPVC
It's a two way street isn't it or does freedom of speech only apply to Christians
...in our ex-Christian forum???

Well said, Unknowing1 .

PVC

It was a point I made on the other thread... :)

The truth is that I left behind such language in High School some ten years before I became a Christian. I have endeavored to be a family man and a gentleman long before being a believer. To me it is about respect."

That's fine. I know other people who are like this. I know other people who aren't. But then...

But that is just me.

You make one hell of a big threat right there. Did you not see my message earlier? Sometimes I just cuss (even when I'm trying to be "respectful" and not do it and oddly enough I don't realize it). I've said this example before where I walked straight to a man in a store, called him a "fag" to his face and then browsed the magazines next to him. Everyone looked at me but said nothing (including him). My wife told me in the car what I had done and I had no recollection of the entire thing beyond walking over and browsing the magazines (and the odd stares...so I knew something was up but didn't know what). I had only intended to go browse the magazines obviously (this was actually the checkout of the store so we were leaving but in line behind the guy so I guess it was an awkward wait for everyone but me).

So are you going to hit me? Your "threats" make it worse. Read up on my condition and you'll find that to be true. The more you "threaten" the more likely I am to do it. Not out of "disrespect" but simply "because." If you were to grab my shirt with a pulled back fist I'd probably call you a "fucker" right to your face so that your entire family could hear it and it would be pure reflex on my part...but your actions would be 100% conscious choice. Think about it.

I get your point but you're taking cussing in someone's self-proclaimed no-cuss zone as a kind of "attack" on one's family and it's not. Would it make you happy if any of us actually showed up in your presence and cussed you like we do here? If we did would you respond verbally or physically? We held up our end by doing the same exact thing that we do here. We spewed words at you except we "manned up" and did it in person. If you would attack us physically that tells me that you want to reach through your computer and attack us physically in response to what we write. You just can't. What you want us to do is back up those words with physical actions. To fight. If we can't fight then we can't talk. I know the type. Those who can't fight start carrying weapons like knives and guns. How far should this escalate? If I spew words then you raise a fist so can I shoot you? Is it my fault that your fist couldn't counter my gun? My words couldn't stand up to your fist after all and that seemed fair to you. Again. Think about it. Now go get help.

mwc

It was a point I made on the other thread... :)

Sorry Gramps, didn't realize. This actually goes back to my issues with Sonja in the Christmas thread. The one she never bothered to reply to before leaving.

Seems that a lot of us feel the same way.

The truth is that I left behind such language in High School some ten years before I became a Christian. I have endeavored to be a family man and a gentleman long before being a believer. To me it is about respect. I am not shocked when men cuss at a bar, but if you are with children or ladies or the elderly, it does not show that you care about those around you.
First of all, as others have stated, women and elderly are just as capable of swearing as anybody else is. And if you think children never swear, you obviously never paid any attention as to what goes on in the school playground. Second of all, even Jesus himself said that sinning in your heart is the same as commiting the sin psychically. So even if you never cuss at someone, if you still feel the same emotion towards that person as somebody who does cuss at them, then you are just as guilty of sinning as the person that cussed. If sinning in your heart is the same as sinning psychically, which do you think is more "Christlike" to say? Saying "fuck yeah" with non-offensive intentions (like complimenting something you really like) or saying "darn you" with the same offensive intentions as saying "damn you?"

I see Preacher Big-Talk has left this thread...

TO quote one of my Jesuitical occasional correspondents*...

Satan never had a fall,

He really never was at all.

And if you'd care to look within

You'll find there never was a 'sin'.

There really is no 'sin' at all.

An 'offended' God is much too small.

I think this addresses the issue of God and cussing...

*-why he's still in the RCC I have no idea. I think he knows where too many bodies are buried for Ratzinger to touch him... I'm very fond of him...

The truth is that I left behind such language in High School some ten years before I became a Christian. I have endeavored to be a family man and a gentleman long before being a believer. To me it is about respect. I am not shocked when men cuss at a bar, but if you are with children or ladies or the elderly, it does not show that you care about those around you.
First of all, as others have stated, women and elderly are just as capable of swearing as anybody else is. And if you think children never swear, you obviously never paid any attention as to what goes on in the school playground. Second of all, even Jesus himself said that sinning in your heart is the same as commiting the sin psychically. So even if you never cuss at someone, if you still feel the same emotion towards that person as somebody who does cuss at them, then you are just as guilty of sinning as the person that cussed. If sinning in your heart is the same as sinning psychically, which do you think is more "Christlike" to say? Saying "fuck yeah" with non-offensive intentions (like complimenting something you really like) or saying "darn you" with the same offensive intentions as saying "damn you?"

some the whole 'no swearing' thing reminds me of the great Lady Chatterly obscenity trial in the 1960s... the case was lost pretty definitively whenb the prosecutor asked the jury if it was a book they would want their wife or servants to read...

Cuss words, or "Curse" words is all about ancient superstition.

Words only have as much power as you are willing to give them.

Absolutely Raven! Great quote. Fuckin words are just that. If they fuckin offend a godamn priest or some babble banging fuckin fundie so be it. Fuckin cuss words in acceptable company are great modes of fuckin expression!

As far as manners go, we should not use "vulgarities" in company that might find it unacceptable. That would be plain rude. As far as sin goes, who the fuc cares?? God, if there is one, created such fuckin vulgarities.

[quote name='garrisonjj' date='Jan 7 2008, 07:of fuckin expression!

As far as manners go, we should not use "vulgarities" in company that might find it unacceptable. That would be plain rude. As far as sin goes, who the fuc cares?? God, if there is one, created such fuckin vulgarities.

Opps! Jezuzchrist! I misspelled FUCK!

But that is just me.

You probably could beat me up, I'm not a very big or tough guy, would that make you feel superior? beating up someone who is weaker than you? I think when pushed a bit you show your true colors, you are just another jerk who thinks your religion is an excuse to push others around, and don't like the idea that some of us might have the gumption to push back.

Don't worry about Kratos any Kuroi, I've got your back. Us ex-Christians (And Anime and Yuri fanatics)gotta watch out for each other.

As for you Kratos...You sir are a black hearted fiend who moreover art the devil's own concubine. Verily thou dost delight in swallowing his vile member and eagerly drinking his diabolical seed.

Or to put in terms you can understand.. You're the devils whore and you love to suck his dick.

Don't worry about Kratos any Kuroi, I've got your back. Us ex-Christians (And Anime and Yuri fanatics)gotta watch out for each other.

Haha, thanks, :thanks: we can always use more anime fans around these parts.

First off, MOST people would not embarass someone in front of their family. That would be grounds for a fight. But "assuming" to think you could "probably" take someone's head off, is totally insane. I have found that kids normally make this type of statement. It's the "I'm indestructible" mentality that you get with youth. I remember me, 20+ years ago, big as a house, nice build, even went through a "steriods" era back then. BACK THEN I would have made this type of statement, because as a kid I thought I could whomp everyone I encountered.

Truth is your "probably" is based yet again on imagination, like pretty much everything else about your belief system. And I am seeing many clues, having raised two kids to adults, that you yourself are very much still a kid with a lot of growing up left to do.