Goodbye Jesus

WE WON

- AUB -

A mind that stays open will ultimately be an empty mind.

Not if the opening is being filled rather than emptied. It's sad to see someone willfully and knowingly advocating a closed mind.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• - AUB -

• Amethyst

• spamandham

• crazy-tiger

If you think for one minute you can leave the barn doors open and expect all your horses to exercise their “free-will” and remain in the barn, good luck on your ranch.

Leave the doors open to give the horses “free-will” to leave and the give the wolves “free-will” to come in.

Maybe you could set this stable up in Africa so a crazy tiger could come in.

I must admit, that is an “open-minded” way to run a horse stable.

If you think for one minute you can leave the barn doors open and expect all your horses to exercise their “free-will” and remain in the barn, good luck on your ranch.

Leave the doors open to give the horses “free-will” to leave and the give the wolves “free-will” to come in.

:twitch:

You.....are.....a......moron.

Crazy-tiger already SAID the main reason the doors on barns are kept closed was to KEEP OTHER ANIMALS out.

The only horse I can think of that might "run away" from a ranch would be one caught wild instead of bred domestically.

Speaking of our good friend Crazy-tiger..... perhaps you, Invictus, could actually create a half decent argument for him. All you seem capable of so far is trying to poke at his chosen pseudonym.

I don't know why invictus bothers to say anything, it’ll just be ripped to bits every time. Proving my point with every word.

Ro-bear

thanks for the offer, my moms a proof reader but disagrees with my work. I just go with whatever the spell checker suggests. And yes I’m British, a Londoner in fact, so I'm just doing this to calm myself down. We're all very emotional.

More logos come. (I thought of a circle as well, might experiment)

This is how we do it, we begin by addressing the audience, whoever they are, and state that we have wonWe have nothing more to prove regarding our own position. All we need to do it show why our opponents lost by taking everything they say, and dissecting it, clinically showing all fallacies, and falsehoods to the audience. Our opponents are irreverent, they are either unaware of our victory or in denial over it. This may seen arrogant but there is good reason to think this can already be said to be the case.

Forgive me for not reading past the OP here, and perhaps this has been addressed, but this is how many xians think toward us.....

a%204.jpg

This one is my favorite, but I would like to see "Freethinker" or "Ex-Christian" rather than "Atheist" ;)

but I would like to see "Freethinker" or "Ex-Christian" rather than "Atheist"

Okay, I'll get to work on it, meanwhile...

a%207.jpg

a%208.jpg

a%209.jpg

a%2010.jpg

a%2011.jpg

And here's some experiments with a logo.

a%20logo1.jpg

a%20logo2.jpg

a%20logo3.jpg

a%20logo4.jpg

a%20logo5.jpg

a%20logo6.jpg

:twitch:

You.....are.....a......moron.

Crazy-tiger already SAID the main reason the doors on barns are kept closed was to KEEP OTHER ANIMALS out.

The only horse I can think of that might "run away" from a ranch would be one caught wild instead of bred domestically.

Now, you wouldn't be meaning those horses that are born free, then forced into slavery, would you?

His analogy gets better and better...

Speaking of our good friend Crazy-tiger..... perhaps you, Invictus, could actually create a half decent argument for him. All you seem capable of so far is trying to poke at his chosen pseudonym.

Oh, let him poke fun at my pseudonym...

Most people outgrow that mentality before they become adults, but some people just can't help it. :grin:

You can say “Most people outgrow that mentality before they become adults” and then follow up with a picture of a little yellow head with hands sticking his thumbs in his ears and waving his fingers while sticking out his tongue?

Ahem... can't you read?
Shame that most of the time, the horses stay inside even when the doors wide open.
This is not a debatable opinion, this is an observed fact of life.
I see you don't like reading...
I've worked with horses, and the main reason they keep the doors shut? To stop unwanted people or animals getting in...

To use you own analogy, the horses would be your thoughts and ideas, the wolves would be unwanted thoughts and ideas.

You keep your doors shut to keep everything out. We keep our doors open because there are no unwanted thoughts and ideas.

To us, there are no "wolves". To you, everything is a "wolf"

Why are the doors there? To keep unwanted things out.

If such a stable was set up in Africa, it would be no different to those that are there already. Ones that are running exactly the same way without any problems...

You have no idea how to run a horse stable, do you?

Just so you know, keeping the horses confined like you are suggesting is a surefire way of driving them insane.

Man, your analogy is getting even better... :lmao:

You can say “Most people outgrow that mentality before they become adults” and then follow up with a picture of a little yellow head with hands sticking his thumbs in his ears and waving his fingers while sticking out his tongue?

There's quite a difference between having a smiley in my signature block like that, (which is there for fun) and having the childish mentality that leads you to poke fun at my pseudonym.

Not being able to understand that is something else that most people grow out of...

It's really no different than listening to him talk about science and evolution. He doesn't have clue one about horses and caring for them either.

I hope the goob is still in high school or something. Few adults can get away with such a level of blind ignorance.

Oh.....and invictus......

WE WIN!!!

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

smooches to AUB

The pansy has been the traditional symbol for freethought (dating back to at least 1890), which I suspect is the origin of the "what a pansy" type derogatory statements.

I never knew that. It would be good for people who need to remain in the closet...at least, women.

This one is my favorite, but I would like to see "Freethinker" or "Ex-Christian" rather than "Atheist".

I would prefer freethinker also. Less antagonistic.

just go the the poster section of my site for my entire archive, I do them for you lot.

Anyone have any particular requests?

A few more

free%20logo3alt.jpg

free%20logo4.jpg

free%20logo5.jpg

free%20logo6.jpg

free%20logo7.jpg

free%20logo7.jpg

I wonder if this is subliminally why I've taken a liking to Dos Equis beer since I became an apostate.

I like this one for a general symbol

and this one for a bumber sticker is fantastic

I ran across other people on the web facing the same issue.  Symbols for atheism

On that page, the last symbol on the bottom with just a circle and slash is pretty clever I think.

The pansy has been the traditional symbol for freethought (dating back to at least 1890), which I suspect is the origin of the "what a pansy" type derogatory statements.

But symbols for Agnostic then? Wouldn't a symbol for Freethinkers be more generic?

free%20logo1.jpg

Me likes that one.

free%20logo7.jpg

I wonder if this is subliminally why I've taken a liking to Dos Equis beer since I became an apostate.

Yup.

free1.jpg

free3.jpg

free2.jpg

I like all of these. The last one is my favorite.

just go the the poster section of my site for my entire archive, I do them for you lot.

Anyone have any particular requests?

A few more

free%20logo4.jpg

free%20logo5.jpg

free%20logo6.jpg

Those three are my favorites out of that bunch. But they're all excellent.

They get better as I get more into it, it's been a while since I went into artistic mode, but my interlectual side is down for a bit, so it's visuals now. Does anyone want anymore x-xtians ones? And does anyone have any ideas for an agnostic logo? (other than a question mark). This thread should really be about positive affirmation, as I’ve had enough of attacking theism for a bit, time to emphasis what makes the alternatives so great.

Maybe should have an exclamation sign instead, with the A or XX embedded or something?

"!" is more positive than "?"

Or is that too arrogant, like we know better (which we do :) )

For agnostic, something that proclaims "I can't know what can't be known"