Goodbye Jesus

I Am A Christian - Any Questions?

1United

Interesting.... Checked out first few (3)pages and now I'm at the reply form with a question.

Will I learn anything new if I go through all the remaining pages?

Keeping this site online isn't free, so we need your support! Make a one-time donation or choose one of the recurrent patron options by clicking here.

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1United

• Grandpa Harley

• Ouroboros

• Deva

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

God is everything, and everything is part of God, but Gods Spirit is not within all things, but it was in Jesus. God is all in all, but the in all did not happen until after Jesus died for us.

This doesn't make any sense to me. God is everything, yet still a part of God (his Spirit) is not. This is very contradictory sounding. As for the "Jesus died for us" -- how did that work? What is different in the world now that wasn't before this person died?

Did you think up this idea yourself or did someone teach you?

When you die, and your body perishes, will your Spirit and soul still be in the body [if they truly exist.] There is a spiritual plane in which we belong, and there is a mental plane in which we belong. Both of the these planes are eternaly present, but the physical plane is temporal. Gods spirit existed outside this plane until Jesus was born. God Spirit became a flesh creature, and lived among us in a Human.

What I meant by "What is different in the world now?" is what changed in the everyday lives of people because of the life and death of Jesus? I did not ask about what happens after death. You have Hindu, new age and Christian ideas and they aren't coming together too well, and I am trying to understand you but I can't because you are changing the subject.

And you didn't answer my last question.

He barely answers any questions...

I am a Christian, and I think you unwise to shrug off Christianity as myth, or as fary tale, or as silly, etc... I am not a fundamentalist, I am not orthodox, I am not lead by the wolves. The only thing I ask of [you] is to come with open mind, and truly wish to understand the position I hold as a Christian. [Follower of Christ] A closed mind is a self created snare, by which we shut ourselves off from further understanding. I will do my best to answer any and all questions you might have about my position as a Christian.

Some things to start out with:

1) Hell is not a literal torture chamber for all eternity

2) Satan is not a literal being

3) All is eternal

4) Death is just another beginning

Some things are not so clear in scripture, but they are there just the same. All one must do to see it, is desire truth, and seek harmony with God

Take care,

lol.

*grabs popcorn*

All I want to know is where United1 gets his information.

On what does he base his claims?

If the Bible or personal experience are his only forms of evidence, then we can throw his case out right now.

All I want to know is where United1 gets his information.

On what does he base his claims?

If the Bible or personal experience are his only forms of evidence, then we can throw his case out right now.

A couple of us have asked him and he's not answering.

He's made it all up... It's somewhat like The Reluctant Messenger stuff...

Interesting.... Checked out first few (3)pages and now I'm at the reply form with a question.

More on the scope of human insanity?

Life can be a Miracle

Open your heart and see

Virtue a path of beauty

Existing in you and me

Safe is this passage

Always open [it is grace]

Vice is but the darkness,

Existing in its place

Sit a bit, and think it over

Absent until one can see

Love is God's guiding hand

Living Spirit, and Heavens key

Oh fuck - another poetry quoter!!!

God is everything, and everything is part of God, but Gods Spirit is not within all things, but it was in Jesus. God is all in all, but the in all did not happen until after Jesus died for us.

This doesn't make any sense to me. God is everything, yet still a part of God (his Spirit) is not. This is very contradictory sounding. As for the "Jesus died for us" -- how did that work? What is different in the world now that wasn't before this person died?

Did you think up this idea yourself or did someone teach you?

When you die, and your body perishes, will your Spirit and soul still be in the body [if they truly exist.] There is a spiritual plane in which we belong, and there is a mental plane in which we belong. Both of the these planes are eternaly present, but the physical plane is temporal. Gods spirit existed outside this plane until Jesus was born. God Spirit became a flesh creature, and lived among us in a Human.

What I meant by "What is different in the world now?" is what changed in the everyday lives of people because of the life and death of Jesus? I did not ask about what happens after death. You have Hindu, new age and Christian ideas and they aren't coming together too well, and I am trying to understand you but I can't because you are changing the subject.

And you didn't answer my last question.

Sorry.

I am a student first and foremost. I have been influenced by many teachings - by many of the lights [avatars] that have graced us with thier presence. I have been taught, and self learned my entire life. I have difficulty expressing these ideal to others.

The gist of it all rests with the Spirit. This Spirit, or that which I call Christ, is Love in its purest form. Follow this Spirit, and you will live - is the crux of what I am trying to convey.

Jesus released this spirit to mankind when He ascended to the father - after it left His Body to make its dwelling place in ours. [This is how I see it]

More on the scope of human insanity?

The un-caused cause of it? :D Will do if jesus give me eternal life like he promised.

When I say returned to the father, I am suggesting that His soul -mind/awarness is existing within all that God is.

Guest WarrantedPVC
We can focus on the worldly realm, or we can focus on the [heavenly]. Spirit produces true peace, and fulfillment. "Store up for yourselves treasures in Heaven"

How do you know heaven exists?

PVC

Guest WarrantedPVC

And how do you know that peace and fulfillment aren't given by an evil power as a tool to deceive you so you can burn in hell for all eternity?

PVC

You’re still talking about spirits and souls and haven’t bothered to prove their existence. You nevertheless continue to assign attributes and meaning to things that you can't even show really exist.

The only proof you offer is by saying because you believes you like pizza, you therefore know it to be true you like pizza.

You know, someone has a signature on this forum that says something like "A christian knows god exists in the same way a paranoid schizophrenic knows his cat is going to steal his carâ€.

You have no proof other than “you know†and claim that this is proof.

Under normal circumstances, if it was anything other than religion, you’d be regarded as self-destructive and delusional.

“Damaged Goods†in other words.

Spatz

We can focus on the worldly realm, or we can focus on the [heavenly]. Spirit produces true peace, and fulfillment. "Store up for yourselves treasures in Heaven"

How do you know heaven exists?

PVC

I experience it daily. Some days more than others. [Heaven exist here on earth - within each of us]

And how do you know that peace and fulfillment aren't given by an evil power as a tool to deceive you so you can burn in hell for all eternity?

PVC

Hell is the state of feeling seperated from God. It is an illusion, but that illusion causes much suffering. We, in our natural states, are caught is this cycle of sin, and suffering, but it is for our benefit. It is not punishment. Life is a school, it can be a heaven, or a hell. We are not punished for our sins, but by them - and even then it is not punishment; it is only consequence of action.

You’re still talking about spirits and souls and haven’t bothered to prove their existence. You nevertheless continue to assign attributes and meaning to things that you can't even show really exist.

The only proof you offer is by saying because you believes you like pizza, you therefore know it to be true you like pizza.

You know, someone has a signature on this forum that says something like "A christian knows god exists in the same way a paranoid schizophrenic knows his cat is going to steal his carâ€.

You have no proof other than “you know†and claim that this is proof.

Under normal circumstances, if it was anything other than religion, you’d be regarded as self-destructive and delusional.

“Damaged Goods†in other words.

Spatz

I never claimed I had [proof] of anything. That is your word, and your focus.,,not mine. I'm not concerned with proving anything, it cannot be proven. It is futile to try. One must experience what I hold as truth to understand where I am coming from, and this will only happen when you live through Spirit, and tame the ego that tells us we are seperate from God.

God is everything,

but Gods Spirit is not within all things,

These two statements are contradictory. If God = everything then God is in all things. How can God be in all things and yet his spirit isn't? It doesn't make any sense.

I suspect that some kind of mental illness is at work here :Hmm:

One must experience what I hold as truth to understand where I am coming from

Like how my mate who was high on marijuana tried to convince me of his "true" experience piloting a 747?

God is everything,

These two statements are contradictory. If God = everything then God is in all things. How can God be in all things and yet his spirit isn't? It doesn't make any sense.

God is triune [mind-spirit-matter] all of these things are God, but all of these things exist on different planes.

It isn't hard to see if you allow yourself to see it.

We really must stop tormenting the mentally ill

God is everything,

God is triune [mind-spirit-matter] all of these things are God, but all of these things exist on different planes.

It isn't hard to see if you allow yourself to see it.

spirits and different planes. Right! *backs away smiling*

I prefer not to 'see' invisible things. I used to believe in things that weren't there - but I recovered.

I am a student first and foremost. I have been influenced by many teachings - by many of the lights [avatars] that have graced us with thier presence. I have been taught, and self learned my entire life. I have difficulty expressing these ideal to others.

Yes, I can see that you do.

You still have not established how what Jesus did during his life made day-to-day life of humans afterwards any different than what they were before.

You have a very logically incoherent idea of the nature of God, which seems to change from question to question.

We've now covered, paved, glued and used various spirits to try and figure this one out.

Turned into far too many pages of un-summarizable bullshavings.

No quick, concise summary of what the protagonist thinks he/she/it believes, then fuggit, we're not wasting any more of the Bosses server space on subject.

Topic clacked to OFF position on the Hammer 0f d00m switch, 1400 Pacific us time

I am kFL, I approve this "offing"..