Goodbye Jesus

My Challenge For Christians

Brother Jeff

Recent topics around here have reminded me of my old "Challenge for Christians", which never even came close to being successfully met by any Christian. From http://christianityisbullshit.com/2008/01/...for-christians/:

The Holy Spook magically inspired me to post this challenge on my site in the hopes that a Christian who can meet the challenge will be magically drawn unto my website by the Magic Sky Man. I challenge any Christian reading the challenge below to meet it on the basis of 1 Peter 3:15. I am talking to myself and deluding myself into believing that I am addressing an invisible man who lives in the sky believing that a Christian who is willing to take up this challenge will visit the site. I am trusting and believing the version of god known as the Holy Spook that he has not led me astray in my fantastic hopes.

1. Prove, or at least produce compelling evidence, that god exists.

2. Prove, or at least provide compelling evidence, that this god is the god of the bible.

3. Do you believe that the bible is historically accurate? If so, please produce credible evidence for the actual historical reality of the biblical creation accounts, the Flood and Noah’s Ark, the Exodus, Herod’s slaughter, and most importantly, the alleged magical undeadening of Jesus.

4. Produce evidence for the actual historical existence of Jesus.

5. Explain why the name “Jesus Christ” means “Savior Anointed”.

6. Please harmonize the hopelessly contradictory magical undeadening accounts in the gospels.

7. Explain why there are many factual and scientific errors and absurdities in the bible if it truly is the “word of God”.

8. Explain why there are hundreds of contradictions in your allegedly “inerrant” bible.

9. Explain how a snake and a donkey can talk and why I should take the absurd biblical fairy tales associated with these talking animals seriously as literal history.

10. Explain why I should believe that I and everyone who is not a Christian should take seriously the notion that we are deceived by a talking animal, or at least by an evil spook who takes the form of a talking animal.

I could make my list much longer, but I don’t want to make the challenge too hard. If the Bible is TRUE, then meeting this challenge should not be a difficult task.

Christians, as I stated above, I submit this challenge based on 1 Peter 3:15, and I await your educated, intellectually honest, and factual answers on the above issues. Perhaps god will magically use this challenge that I have issued unto bringing about my glorious slavation! Nothing is impossible with god, right? Glory!

1 Peter 3:15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:

You might actually have some luck with this thread Jeff ole bean! I spotted two xtian nut cases active today...

Glory!

I hope so, Brother Michael!

Mods, please move this thread to the Lion's Den if it seems appropriate. Thanks.

The creation is the proof that God exists. Are you blind?

There you go book my friend!

Your first taker!

Expain to him your eyesight hehe ;)

Michael, as a former Christian why do you lose your time to chat with me (and other Christians)? Or you still seek the truth?

No, I am not blinded either physically or by religious dogma. The natural world does not provide proof of anything supernatural. In fact, there is no evidence at all that anything supernatural exists, including your god.

Michael, as a former Christian why do you lose your time to chat with me (and other Christians)? Or you still seek the truth?

We chat with you mostly because we enjoy kicking Christian ass, which isn't hard to do. Christianity hardly equals "The Truth". It's nothing but a bunch of absurd ancient myths and lies, and I was foolish enough to buy into it for 15 years of my life. My only regret about my Christian experience is that I didn't WAKE THE FUCK UP much sooner than I did.

I chat with you because you come into my "home" on the web, where ex-cs like myself talk and have *meaningfull* conversations. You are an invader trying to spread poison.

I have, and still do seek truth, but not a delusional truth, truth that is *actually* (gasp) fact. You come here, spreading garbage, the SAME garbage we have been caught up in for years.

*YOU* have no truth whatsoever to share at all. Why? Because you have no proof at all to your claims. You *think* things like "oh just look at creation" blah blah, that is NOT proof, and EVEN IF IT WERE proof, its is NOT bible god proof.

I address you because quite frankly I'd like to see you leave.

You know, not ALL xtians get the un-welcome wagon we give you. There are some xtians that I talk to in a civil manner, and I actually respect. Why? Because they show RESPECT for us. You show ZERO respect, and have done so from day one, that's why I am all over you every chance I get.

And I *will* back off and let you be if you stop spouting "facts" and "truths" and simply ask questions and make answers with a true sense of inquirey.

Hey, look at my profile and my past posts. Over 1000 of them. RARELY do I beat up people like I do you. *YOU* bring this on yourself. Change your MO (method of operation) and I might stop trying to rip off your head at every turn.

Guest WarrantedPVC

Not_Scarevangelist, I don't think anything shows the world was "created". Secondly, the existence of the world (or anything, in fact), is hardly "proof" that (your version of) God exists.

You see, it's like this... Today we can't explain how the Universe came into being, so for now let's assume it's a philosophically OK step to postulate that something had to create it, and let's call that "God". Very good.

Now how can you show that this "God" is

1) alive

2) concerned about humans

3) good

4) all-knowing

5) almighty

6) wrote the Bible

7) chose the Jewish nation as his selected people

8) had a son named Jesus 2000 years ago who died and supposedly defeated another never-explained supernatural entity called satan

+ all the other statements you and/or other Christians/believers make about him.

It is philosophically OK to postulate that something had to cause the Universe because we don't have other confirmed explanations (although there are many alternative explanations in modern physics, which are yet to be confirmed.... so the "it was caused by something"-explanation is not the only one). But it's not OK to then saturate this postulated entity with properties along all axes and claim it all as "truth" when you can have absolutely no proof.

PVC

Dude, that is one fucking, lame-ass, lazy answer.

Perhaps creation could be some kind of tangible proof that some kind of higher being exists, but that in no way, no how follows all the way through to the God of the Bible being the one who did it.

This same creation could also be some kind of tangible proof that some kind of natural event happened that created it all.

Only Sith deal in absolutes, moron.

Sick the dogs on him.

Isn't it obvious that my shirt was sewn together by magic faeries? It should be obvious, the fact that I'm wearing a shirt proves it. :twitch:

It also should be obvious that there is an Invisible Purple Unicorn in my living room. I just heard it whinny and whisper "Spaghetti."

After all, the snow proves the Invisible Purple Unicorn exists because the snow exists.

Oh, and the Invisible Purple Unicorn whispered to me that we must all make spaghetti or suffer the unending torment of bad pasta. For the rest of our lives, we will eat nothing but bad pasta unless we make spaghetti now, and offer it in sacrifice to the Invisible Purple Unicorn. The Invisible Purple Unicorn told me so, and She is always right.

The snow proves it. I could send you some if you like.

Another brain-dead xtian who's gonna save us all, prove the babble, yadda, yadda, heben, hell, blah blah. Why do we bother.

It also should be obvious that there is an Invisible Purple Unicorn in my living room. I just heard it whinny and whisper "Spaghetti."
Aaaah! The syncretism! It burnnns us, preciouss! :lmao:

I agree that "creation proves Biblegod" is a truly feeble and laughable argument.

First you have to prove that the universe was created by a sentient being, rather than by a self-sorting, increasingly complex chain reaction of atomic whatnot.

In the highly unlikely event that you manage that pretty little stunt, you then run into the problem that Richard Dawkins illustrates so well in The God Delusion: How can something as complex as an omnipotent god be a precursor to the much less complex universe that it allegedly created? Where did the god come from in the first place? (And no, you may *not* answer "God was always there" because "The universe was always there" is a far simpler answer.)

But... Supposing for one nanosecond that a god did actually create the universe... Lots of luck proving that the culprit is Biblegod rather than one of the *other* creator-gods known to Terran mythology, or indeed a god we've never even heard of.

QUOTE (Not_Scarevangelist @ Jan 5 2008, 09:57 AM)

REPLY: Creation of what, or are you going to give me mandatory yawnfest reply of Genesis 1:1...in the beginning..lfrom a book written only a couple of thousand years ago!! lol What about the thousands/millions etc years before co-dependant bible god came on the scene, hmm??

Science has shown that matter/particles can spontaneous appear from NOTHING hence, negating the need for any creator "type" anyway, sweets.

Perhaps answering the original posters questions to "prove" your god may sway us...

look forward to it.

J. ;-)

Creation is the proof that *insert Deity here* exists. Are you blind?

If you don't understand that what you said proves EVERY SINGLE DEITY IN HISTORY then you're dumber than I thought. (which is one hell of an achievement)