Goodbye Jesus

The Truth Will Set You Free

1United

When he says "love" I interpret it as "caring and compassion". I think we need more words for "love" in the english language.

Yup. And "Spirit of Jesus" ain't one of them.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1United

• Kelli

• Ouroboros

• Grandpa Harley

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

When he says "love" I interpret it as "caring and compassion". I think we need more words for "love" in the english language.

Yup. And "Spirit of Jesus" ain't one of them.

I think he's also said the "Spirit of Christ". Big difference there!

This thread gets more and more retarded as time goes on....

Love is spirit, Christ isn't Jesus, challenge my ego, is a Christian but doesn't believe Christian dogma...

I mean, WTF!?

Oh what a fucking twisted trainwreck of a crack spider's web we weave, when first we practice to deceive.

No this is not true. vice, sin and suffering are all varing things. Vice is done due to self-indugence, and lack of self control. Sin is a perception of mis-behaviour, and suffering are by-products of pain or poor situations.

The EMOTION of love can be "helpfull" granted, love the addicted person and you can help them with their vices, love the sinner and maybe they will stop doing bad things (as you precieve bad to be) and love can cause you to give medical, or psychological help to those suffering.

You cannot stop suffering with love, firstly because suffering is *needed* as it tells you something is wrong and needs corrected. If injured people did not suffer, they would die untreated because they would not seek help. Period.

Love is not spirit.

Is plain ole reality THAT boring that you have to complicate it with strange philosphies?

Suffering is a products of ego. Pain is needed, suffering is needed, but suffering disipates to minute levels when love is in the mix. Pain is physical, suffering is mental, which is why the hammer comment was a joke.

Sin stems from lack of love for self. Sin is a transgression of a natural law. If you jump off a cliff and know you will be injured, you have no love for self. If you verbally abuse others, or physically abuse, or do anything that could harm them, then you have no love for others . If you have no appreciation for what is, then you have no love for life, and you suffer because of it. Suffering is mental, it is in the mind. Pain is real, and it hurts, but it is not suffering, it is pain.

James

Anger - its cause is wishing something to be different to how it is... there is no other cause, unless one has some form of brain injury

Bitterness - Wanting the past to be different to how it was... it's a delayed form of anger

Pride - conceded... based on your arrogance, I'd say you knew something about that. It must be hell being you.

Jealousy - Wanting something that belongs to someone else and not you. Reality gap again

Insecurity - the opinion that you're not as good as you 'should' be... thus a perceived reality gap, which you choose to see as real but not how you want it...

basically you're agreeing with me, and you can't see it, thus you're an idiot.

The gist of my post was that it is ego that causes suffering. Yes, I was agreeing with you; I just added my 2ct's

1U is bullshit.

An awful spirit has control of your being Madame M.

1U is bullshit.

An awful spirit has control of your being Madame M.

:HaHa::lmao:

Yeah, where's your spirit of unconfuckingditional love?

Now - If I truly had love - which is what i seek, and believe in, then I would not have came here for myself, but for you. Then, even if I did come for you, I would have still been greeted with same hostility, so...

Where does the ego end?

[With true compassion, and care for even your enemies]

That is the [seed]

1U is bullshit. He came here knowing how to rile us up and he did. He came here to win notches in his belt for Jesus. All his hippy dippy love is the way I'm getting rid of ego crap is just that, crap. He came here to stroke his ego. To see how long he could take the "persecution" without losing his temper. He came her to test himself. He is no different than any other big ego'd christian who takes pride in their humility (which is what one gets when they are not egotistical). He is no different. He's still sucking from the dick of the "orthodox" christianity he claims to have left behind. What is more egotistical than having a completely made up view then going around trying to convert people to one's own revelation in order to "make the world a better place". The fact that he even thinks something he thought up is the answer to saving the world is ego in and of itself.

Yep, you're right. It's all a show.

You hit the nail on the head - this guy is as phoney as george bush's thanksgiving turkey.

All this hippie "every thing is love" nonsense.

How old is he? 24? 25? He probably can hardly shave and he tries to speak like big-wise-sage.

Spatz

James I would not elevate you to the status of enemy. You are nuisance, a throwback who wants to explain everything in terms of spirits. Go back to the dark ages.

Now - If I truly had love - which is what i seek, and believe in, then I would not have came here for myself, but for you. Then, even if I did come for you, I would have still been greeted with same hostility, so...

Where does the ego end?

[With true compassion, and care for even your enemies]

That is the [seed]

You don't even know what you mean, let alone understand "love".

From page 1 till now you've waffled with an ever-sshifting definition of "ego, spirit, love, etc".

What is this? You have a bet with one of your friends how long you can last on this site?

Spatz

I'm not surprised by anything from you CT. I have been witness to your demeanor for over a year now, and I've seen enough to know what you are made of.

Oh really - a YEAR now? That's interesting, considering that your profile indicates that you signed up Jan. 5 2008.

:scratch:

Let go of my Eggo! (The dogs are trying to get it)

.... greeted with same hostility, so...

You act lik an arrogant twat from the very beginning - we tell you we've heard it all before - you persist with a superior attitude - make claims that you can't provide evidence for, change your claims, claim you meant something else ...

What do you expect? This is EX-CHRISTIAN.

Spatz

Let go of my Eggo! (The dogs are trying to get it)

Hans you are not your Eggo. Just let it go.

How long before ex-christian . net realizes that it is I who want love?

Alas, I am not perfect

Sorry for causing such anger, I was only being honest

Even so, there is benefit in all things. Including the realization/awarness of our shortcomings.

James

James I just wanted to clear something up. I don’t believe there is such a thing as unconditional love. Why not? Because I don’t believe there is such a thing as unconditional anything. We can always ask “why?†about something (including emotions, thoughts, attitudes, behaviors, etc.), and we expect a “becauseâ€. Do you understand what I am trying to say? Love and life may not yet be understood, but I believe they can be understood.

Well, that's just - weird.

You probably should have come in here trying to establish some familiarity first. Then say something worthy of respect.

You come to a site and expound the concepts that we are happy to be rid of - and expect love.

You need help dude.

Alas, I am not perfect

Even so, there is benefit in all things. Including the realization/awarness of our shortcomings.

James

James - stop acting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Be honest - stop playing games here and pretending to be some semi-literate, middele-eastern guru in an orange robe. It don't wash here. We've seen it all before.

If you want love, go to your mum, or your girl-friend, or your loveer, or a priest, etc.

Everyone here just wants to slap you around for fun. No one's really interested in disgussing philosophy with a child who can barely string too coherent sentances togther.

You're getting boring now. Time to participate of piss-off.

Spatz

Alas, I am not perfect

If you wanted love, what happened to all the friends you told us about that you can go to for friendly conversation. You came here for reason, stop playing the martyr. And don't pull that "I'm a christian but I'm not perfect crap". We hear that "I'm just a sinner saved by christ" crap from every christian who comes in here. Have christians gotten so used to praying to sky daddy for forgiveness that they forgot how to take responsibility for their actions and words? You want to suffer, well stop whining about not being perfect, stop apologizing and stop whining about your shortcomings. You came here to test your faith, exercise your ego... so answer the damn posts and stop whining.

Didn't you just accuse me of using guilt, you are the one using guilt. I'm not angry either, I'm sitting at my breakfast bar with my feet up, sipping a cup of tea and smiling at my children's art work. I'm cool as a cucumber, but I'm not going to let you come in here, vomit out your stuff on this forum and then tuck tail and run. I'm going to call you on the behavior I see. You want to state what you would like to percieve about yourself, I am stating what I percieve of you.

I came here to plant seed of love for me, for you. [A realization] I have done so by being completely honest, and taking abuse. You use me to vent your aggresion toward Christians. I used you to see if I could not feel anger, or pride. I found benefit in what has taken place, but still ... No love from you, but I do have love for you.

I have friends, but I did not want friendly chat - I wanted hostility. I did not illicit hostily, for I came in peace., but I knew what I would get for confessing Christ here. Any Christian, even tho you were once Christian yourself, is an enemy to you. You are like a pack of wolves looking for their next victim. I came in the name of love, and you still tried to hurt me. Did it boost my ego by not getting angry at you? yes. Did you hurt me? no.

I have my need you have yours. you need to vent; I gave it to you. you need to feel superior; I gave it to you. You need your anger, and I gave you opportunity to be angry.

We help each other with each others needs.

Did I not love you by offering myself as a whipping post?

Love

James

I have friends, but I did not want friendly chat - I wanted hostility. I did not illicit hostily, for I came in peace., but I knew what I would get for confessing Christ here. Any Christian, even tho you were once Christian yourself, is an enemy to you. You are like a pack of wolves looking for their next victim. I came in the name of love, and you still tried to hurt me. Did it boost my ego by not getting angry at you? yes. Did you hurt me? no.

I have my need you have yours. you need to vent; I gave it to you. you need to feel superior; I gave it to you. You need your anger, and I gave you opportunity to be angry.

Ummm....you either have some issues, enjoy S&M, or you're a poe.

I'm calling poe now.

I came here to plant seed of love for me, for you. [A realization] I have done so by being completely honest, and taking abuse. You use me to vent your aggresion toward Christians. I used you to see if I could not feel anger, or pride. I found benefit in what has taken place, but still ... No love from you, but I do have love for you.

We help each other with each others needs.

Did I not love you by offering myself as a whipping post?

Wow James, that is really quite a strange statement. So you used us? Are you done, or how much longer is this going to go on?

You have major issues -- it might be better if you left.

James I just wanted to clear something up. I don’t believe there is such a thing as unconditional love. Why not? Because I don’t believe there is such a thing as unconditional anything. We can always ask “why?†about something (including emotions, thoughts, attitudes, behaviors, etc.), and we expect a “becauseâ€. Do you understand what I am trying to say? Love and life may not yet be understood, but I believe they can be understood.

It exists in my mind, but none of us have it. Anyone who says they love unconditionaly is a liar. [imo]

Life can be understood in part, but not in its entirety. We can learn to live in peace, and in harmony, but even then, life in its entirety will remain a mystery.

I enjoy truthful, and civil posts like this one.

Thank you,

James

Suffering is a products of ego. Pain is needed, suffering is needed, but suffering disipates to minute levels when love is in the mix. Pain is physical, suffering is mental, which is why the hammer comment was a joke.

Sin stems from lack of love for self. Sin is a transgression of a natural law. If you jump off a cliff and know you will be injured, you have no love for self. If you verbally abuse others, or physically abuse, or do anything that could harm them, then you have no love for others . If you have no appreciation for what is, then you have no love for life, and you suffer because of it. Suffering is mental, it is in the mind. Pain is real, and it hurts, but it is not suffering, it is pain.

James

OK next time you get in an accident and break a few ribs, then tell me suffering is "ego". Suffering is an enduring pain on a different level, and like pain, it exists to warn you of a problem. Love won't do SHIT for your broken ribs.

I really, honestly truely, think that you don't even believe that crap yourself, your playing or something, masterbating your ego maybe? Nobody is really that stupid are they?

Suffering for a while, getting over say, a loved one dying, is pain on an emotional level and is not brought on by ourselves by choice, it's by circumstance and timing. It is a pain to indicate there is a problem.

You think love is like, "the giant BONER of god", that he smacks you with and makes you magically lovey dovey...

Wow you are pretty far out there in left field fella...

I think we're dealing with a slipped cog here.

1 + 1 = 9

282.gif