Goodbye Jesus

How Much Do You Tolerate Christians In The Lions Den?

crazy-tiger

Time to find out... and Skip might need to bring more ammo. :D

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Grandpa Harley

• R. S. Martin

• crazy-tiger

• no-one

:lmao: both you and me???

At least our questions are different. :lmao:

Tough call actually, but I said I'll tolerate them if they behave which is more or less true.

I bash some over the head, I try to reason with others, I'll plead with the occasional one if they seem like they might listen...and I'll switch tactics or just go away if they keep blathering without listening.

Overall I generally assume most Xians don't give a shit about us, they just want to be right about what they believe and our very existence offends them since we're proof that their religion doesn't work.

Great minds think alike... though I just had to have some wacky/serious answers :crazy:

You need an "all depends" answer.

All depends on how they present themselves. What their perceived purpose is here. How obnoxious or confrontational they are.

I spent way too many years thinking that everyone must see things exactly as I do. I'm tired of it.

If someone comes here to learn something, I have room for them - regardless of what they believe.

If they come here like a bull in a china closet, foaming at the mouth, ignoring what anyone says to them and spewing their nonsense without discretion, fuck em.

Feed em to the wolves.

Or Grandpa Harley. :close:

Christians can come but should not be surprised to get unpleasant treatment 30.77% 7 votes

Throw me some ammo... it's huntin' time! 57% 4 votes

Thus far, majority votes are anything but pleasant to Christians. Wonder if Kratos is following this.

His pal is... she's had a hissy fit on the other poll...

Great minds think alike... though I just had to have some wacky/serious answers :crazy:

I just stole Gramps's answers.;)

So long as they stay the hell out of my way and away from me, then I'll leave them be. Otherwise... *revs up chainsaw*

I tolerate them if they behave (in other words, if they display tolerance toward us). Needless to say, that's a rare thing to find with our cultist visitors... :scratch:

Target practice. Plain and simple.

Until they prove they are human.

The hunted becomes the hunter - Interesting

Shepherds? protecting sheep that are wary of wolves?

I'll tolerate them if they behave. Simple as that.

Having said that, most of the rest of the options apply depending on how the christian behaves.

Fundamentalists, or those displaying homophobic or otherwise bigoted views - Pass the ammo, it's hunting time!

Christians who can't reason for shit and sound like they're on drugs - What the hell is that? Does it do tricks?

Christians who surprise me by actually showing us respect, being able to reason well and actually listening to other people's views and questions - they become welcomed with open arms (I'm thinking of Sojourner here)

But my initial response to christians on this site is wariness - I'll tolerate them, but only if they behave :Hmm:

Guest WarrantedPVC

1United, let's not talk shepherds because 1) it isn't the topic 2) the "Good Shepherd" has successfully managed to have us all plucked out of his hands.

PVC

But only in our website. That's probably the difference between non-Christian and Christians. We don't work our butts off or have special classes in how to spread our ideas and beliefs, while Christianity is big in the whole "spread the Gospel", and it bugs a lot of people because they want to live their own lives and keep their own thoughts, but Christians advertise hard. Hmm... that's actually true, Christians use very similar methods to advertisers. They do anything to lure you into their nest and get you with hook-and-sinker.

Damn right... The Alpha Course is pretty much hard sell live infomercial with plants...

I can't remember that anyone invited cockroaches into this thread, so what are you doing here?

In his case, masturbating his ego...

I responded with the "ammo" option.

Typically, I'm not an angry, hate-filled person. Hell, even the problems I had at school before I graduated didn't even compare to how blisteringly angry these assholes make me.

I will admit that at school I was on their "territory", but in this case, they're coming just LOOKING for trouble, and thus is what they should expect.

1, FUCK OFF!!!

Damn right... The Alpha Course is pretty much hard sell live infomercial with plants...

I think that's Anglican. Not even they could answer my questions, Gramps. For a while I emailed with a woman who offered the course. I was attracted because it seemed to offer answers. But her emails showed me that it was all empty promises and illusions. She talked about walking around an area praying for it. She believed she could feel the evils of the specific area and pray them away. I personally experience enough "spiritual sensitivity" to identify with what she was saying, but my intellect insisted on cross-questioning the concepts: Is it real or does it just seem so? And there was no evidence. She claimed crises in her own life demanding her time so that she could no longer continue the conversation. She let me know when the course would be offered in my area. I was informed when her bishop was visiting in Toronto.

I was studying at an Anglican college at the time and had become disillusioned with that church. One priest was a really good intuitive person to talk to regarding just about any problem, personal or spiritual. The man who came after he left was just an ordinary guy who knew how to play by the book and I'm so far outside any box or book that he was no good. Apparently the Anglicans were no better than the Mennonites and I had no desire to travel to Toronto to meet this special bishop from the Alpha people. Hard sell or no, they didn't snare me. Just one more bitter broken promise of Christianity.

I don't know what you're talking about. We're all independent thinkers in here. I like to think of myself as the Lone Wolf or the Lionness, or the Eagle. Whatever. I look after myself. If you want something to herd and look after, perhaps you should get yourself a little farm and some sheep and a few dogs.

I see in your profile that you're a student. Get yourself a bachelor's apartment in a building that allows pets. Get yourself a dog. It will massage your ego all you need. It will worship you like God.

If you want to plant seed, get yourself a windowbox and some soil and plant tomatoes or geraniums. Get yourself a summer job in landscaping. If you want to do good deeds, volunteer in an old people's home or a shelter for the homeless.

You don't have to waste your energy writing 129 posts a day on an exChristian forum where people are only trying to show you the error of your ways. Because, believe it or not, that's what most people here are doing--trying to show you The Light of Reason.

You need an "all depends" answer.

All depends on how they present themselves. What their perceived purpose is here. How obnoxious or confrontational they are.

I wholeheartedly agree with this, it is how "I" determine if I pull out the big caveman club and start swinging, or leave it propped up near the den door.

Sojourner made a good point in the now locked Japedo thread. Xtians sometimes WANT the heat of the den, inside they are doubting, and they WANT the hot poker of logic and reason to get smacked with. (she didn't put it exactly that way, but that's how I read it). It helps them deconvert.

They DO have a choice, the den or the coliseum. Now, I am guilty (raises hand) of bashing a bit in the coliseum. Mostly because I hit "view new posts" read what's on top, and answer, sometimes not looking at the post location, a practice I have stopped. Now, I look at the board location first, if it's the den AND they meet the above test, the 50lb club comes out of the corner.

There are a few different types of Den xtians. (we cannot stereotype all of them, but broadly):

1. Riding a white charger, ready to battle the demons of atheism.

2. Unsure in their belief, want to test it in the flames of non-believers

3. Posted in there by accident, only wanted dialog, not flame.

How we tolerate xtians in the den should not be cut in stone. For example, I might be harsher on one, then the other, or not harsh at all. It's a situation thing, depends on the context.

I take it you've never heard the saying "Never trust a religion that calls its followers 'sheep'". :Hmm:

I take it you've never heard the saying "Never trust a religion that calls its followers 'sheep'". :Hmm:

Kinda makes them ALL want to be shepards doesn't it? Who wants to be known as a "sheeple"??? It's like a subliminal insult to make them more pro-active. Another xtian mind game.

I think the criteria is what sort of behavior should we tolerate - period, no matter who it is. I've seen a few atheists run out of here by the membership too for trying to evangelize others to their hard-core materialist world view. Bad behavior is bad behavior. Judge each person on their actions. That's what I respond to.

But I do like what Michael said about how some Christians want to have their views challenged head on. It's definitely a consideration, but it might probably be more effective without calling them assholes within the first five words. Believe it or not, I have called a Christian here an asshole before. I did so because he was in fact being one. Didn't do any good. He was too thick to understand, but it sure got a few gasps out of some of the membership here. I recall the first one saying, “Who are you and what have you done with Antlerman?” along with a string of "Welcome to the low road". :HaHa: