Goodbye Jesus

How Much Do You Tolerate Christians In The Lions Den?

crazy-tiger

I voted "throw me some ammo".

Generally speaking, having been posting on here for almost a year, these Christian folks are not here to do anything but preach their line of Christian BS. It also says in the forum heading "expect heated responses". We should give them nothing less when they tout their version of "true christianity" and say we were never "true christians," despite having been raised in it and spent decades of our lives dealing with it.

I am generally tolerant of others in the "real world," but I have yet to see any Christians that really want to listen to what we have to say when they come here.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Grandpa Harley

• R. S. Martin

• crazy-tiger

• no-one

I am generally tolerant of others in the "real world," but I have yet to see any Christians that really want to listen to what we have to say when they come here.

Give 'em hell Deva!

Guest Net Eng
I voted "throw me some ammo".

I'll preface this by saying I haven't been here long so my comments are from a "short timer".

Deva:

So if an xian treated the discussion with respect you would respond in kind ?

Me:

If an xian comes in guns ablazing, and making an ass of themselves, I'm all for hauling out the nukes, bio-weapons and just plain old rocks. I just can't see treating everyone the same.

Maybe I missing it (wouldn't be the first time).

I'll preface this by saying I haven't been here long so my comments are from a "short timer".

Deva:

I haven't yet seen true respect, as I said in the Shoutbox. I suggest you hang around for a few more months, Net.

The number of respectful Chrisitans I've seen here I can number on the fingers of one hand (if I was a REALLY inept Yakuza)

Deva:

Me:

If an xian comes in guns ablazing, and making an ass of themselves, I'm all for hauling out the nukes, bio-weapons and just plain old rocks. I just can't see treating everyone the same.

Maybe I missing it (wouldn't be the first time).

The ones here who've been here a while (and thinking about how long I've been a member is making me feel old now... :shrug: ) have seen Christians come and do exactly the same thing here in Lions Den... They'll be all polite-sounding, but under the venere they'll be dripping the superior "I know God loves me and you're all fools for rebelling" crap that just insults us.

Now, that's not saying that all Christians are like that... Amanda, Sojourner, Open Minded for example are well-liked and respected Christians. Unfortunately, they're the minority of Christians who've graced us with their presence and probably the only reason why there are oldtimers who are able to respond with any kind of respect to the "normal" Christians we get.

On the other hand, it could just be that we're fucked off at the continual bullshit and lack of any kind of respect from visiting Christians so they get just the one post to make a good impression... they screw that up and the claws come out. (I try to make it a couple of posts at least, but sometimes you just know that respect is wasted on them right from the start)

I say lock and load.

Xians foolhardy enough to wander into the Lion's Den are going to get it with both barrels. If they can stand the heat, and stand a relentless challenge to their beliefs, they're fine by me - and sometimes that does indeed happen.

If they can't stand the heat, they get blasted out of the kitchen.

If anyone ever spoke to me as presumptuously and callously in person as most jebus-freaks do in this forum, I would gladly, instantly and repeatedly punch them right in the fucking face. NO ONE understands each of the individual pains and even terrors we as people have gone through in our lives as we tried to live according to a so-called Christian ideal.

I said that because I know there are members here who probably think my comments are too harsh, too black and white or too quick to dismiss even the tolerable Christians on here. I just hope everyone understands that my wounds are still really fresh and I don't respond well to smug self-righteousness, not even a whiff of it, not even on a good day. Ex-C'ers, please understand I do respect and appreciate everyone on here who tries to honestly dialogue and learn. Also please understand that xtianity is as far from tenable, helpful, useful or desirable to me as any festering corpse would be welcome in my living room.

*WHEW*... (looks at list) weight off chest... CHECK!

Now, then... where was I...? Oh, yes... let them come in here when it all but says "BEWARE OF DOG" on the gate, and it's their fault (and the dog's prerogative) they get bitten. No holds barred.

Open arms here.

Just don't piss me off because I am running out of places to hide the bodies.

If anyone ever spoke to me as presumptuously and callously in person as most jebus-freaks do in this forum, I would gladly, instantly and repeatedly punch them right in the fucking face. NO ONE understands each of the individual pains and even terrors we as people have gone through in our lives as we tried to live according to a so-called Christian ideal.

By their own admission, many exChristians do not go through the same pains and terrors people like you and me encounter.

Ah, but there shall be a new golden age of tolerance born any day soon....

It's enough to make you sick...

An age in which one may be politely asked not to be such a dick and invited to discuss the matter.

the horror.

An age in which one may be politely asked not to be such a dick and invited to discuss the matter.

the horror.

:lmao:

the horror.

EDIT: Vile temper...forget it...

Odd thing is when I used to be a member here a long time ago, back in 2005, or a lurker, I seen many apologists here, I've only encountered two of them. Kratos, and End3. I remember there was a very arrogant one called Daniel and someone posted a picture of a cuckoo clock, with his doctered head out of it. have they given up already?

• 8 months later...

I voted Throw me some ammo... it's huntin' time

They would run us off their forums so why shouldn't we run them off ours.

If anyone of us went to a christian forum they'd be attacking us left and right.

90 percent of the christians I see come here are trying to bug us back into their cult.

I like seeing them being run off if I wanted to listen to some fundy spew bible verses I would go get my head examined lol

I usually the guns and go straight for ballistic missiles. There are the few exceptions though that I'll leave alone.

• Super Moderator

Depends on the mood - theirs and mine.

I long ago gave up mounting rational arguments against blind faith. It serves no purpose other than possibly entertainment.

It seems to me that no particularly considerate person would be inclined to walk into a support group and attack the members. The idiots who do come here with the intention of attacking our stance on christianity deserve to be chased off as fast as we can manage it. Just because there are forums that christians can be syphoned off into to keep them out of the more personal support discussions doesn't mean that we must therefore tolerate their bullshit, as far as I can see. I have yet to encounter any christian on this website who is remotely interested in listening to views that oppose their own, so why the hell should we give them any courtesy or respect at all?

Just being here and posting christian theology is an attack on people who have left their faith, a statement that we cannot be allowed to hold our own opinions without being constantly challenged. The fact that most of them are rude to the point of indecency while constantly describing us as mean-spirited and closed-minded only means that they don't give a fuck what we think, but rather just want to feel self-righteous about bringing light to us heathens.

I wish they'd all go sit on it and spin, really, but since they won't, please hand me my shotgun.

Christians can be tolerated with a side dish of cranberry sauce and toothpicks if they get stuck between the teeth.

I haven't been a member on here to have a real indication of what the christians are like-yet. However, the posts I have read so far upset me. I guess because I am still in the raw initial stages of deconverting. I still haven't quite figured out WHY they come on here. There is an entire world of unbelievers out there that they should be concentrating on to convert, so hey come on what's with the dedication and fascination with a handful of people who threaten their own stance on life already? That boggles me. It's like they come prowling around to try and convince us we just got it all wrong, hmph, more salt to the wounds I say. I think they suffer from amnesia too. They conveniently forget, that YES we were once christians. Oh but no, we just weren't true christians. They strikes to the core of my being, when I hear that. I don't think there is any value in debating with them either. Come on , we know exactly what they are thinking about us. We are under the devil's spell now, we turned our back on god, we are doomed. Which is why I still can't work out what they hope to achieve by reaching out to us. The bible even tells them not to get into arguments, and yet...they do? I don't see any value in talking with someone who already views me as spiritually blind. Well hey, I think the exact same way about them. All they have is emotions and blind faith...not really a good platform to have a rational and logical discussion in my opinion anyway. I can bet my two cents worth they are praying for us anyway, he he.

I agree with you Kathlene that it can be a little disturbing to read what the Christians post in the Lion’s Den. Some days I just cannot stomach it. However, I do skim through the posts when my tolerance level is high. I say skim because I do not spend any time trying to analyze their circular reasoning.

I do this because it confirms what I have come to realize. Their “arguments” are obviously a product of their own vivid imaginations. Each one sincerely believes in their version of the fairy tale, and everyone who disagrees is an uneducated thug, with no morals and no reason for being. They are so far out of touch with reality, no matter how SUPER intellectual they believe themselves to be, that I actually derive comfort from knowing that I am not a part of their particular delusion.

I suspect that this is the real reason for allowing them to post in the Lion’s Den. Their illogical “arguments” are obviously not going to influence anyone to reconvert. They just strengthen our understanding of why we are Ex-Christians.

I suspect that this is the real reason for allowing them to post in the Lion’s Den. Their illogical “arguments” are obviously not going to influence anyone to reconvert. They just strengthen our understanding of why we are Ex-Christians.

They are a reminder, and sometimes a booster shot (like in vaccines) to remind us what they are like. On other general sites, they get to either be the majority opinion or it is a Wild West mentality. Here, they are in the vast minority, somethign they are not used to, and that ex-c members are also not used to (being in the majority).

Are you here to troll, or are you just conveniently ignoring the fact that the majority of poll votes goes towards tolerating them as long as they obey the rules ?

I think they suffer from amnesia too. They conveniently forget, that YES we were once christians. Oh but no, we just weren't true christians. They strikes to the core of my being, when I hear that.

This used to have me spitting venom back when I first came to this site so I totally empathize with you (I'm quite certain many others can as well). For me it was one of the last sticking points as well. I can honestly tell you that after hearing so many times from so many xians that it does get better. I actually think having them say it over and over and then spew their nonsense helps. While it seems judgmental and condescending (as you pointed out) it also is nice to know that you're no longer one of them. You escaped. You no longer have to do to others what they're doing to you. So a little exposure simply makes you immune to it. In fact, think of the Lion's Den as a kind of "flu shot" against xianity. Get exposed here to build up your immunity. ;)

mwc