Goodbye Jesus

Are Christians Welcome On Exc?

R. S. Martin

This is set up on a whim. The options are, obviously, taken from Gramps's categories on Kratos's thread about the purpose of the Lion's Den. Gramps said this should have been made a poll so I went and set one up. Not sure how good it is but we'll see.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Grandpa Harley

• R. S. Martin

• sojourner

• 1United

Top Posters In This Topic

I see a forum as public space. If someone were to stop me in public with accusations I have heard from xtians, or just getting in my face with their rants about life in general, then they should be prepared to receive verbal criticism. Christians don't deserve any special treatment just because they are who they are and think like they think. They come here only for one purpose and that is to cause a commotion and try to evangelize. If you were to post half the stuff we discuss on their boards, you'd be banned for life. If you disagree with them on their boards they throw you off. So, their only purpose here is to cause a riot, usually from us laughing at them. But they don't come in peace.

If they actually read our stories they would know that they should be prepared for a shit-kicking.

You can tell which ones read the histories and which don't really quickly. The ones who don't can pretty much fuck off IMO because they don't give a damn about us.

Ok you have all made your point and I 'get it'

Why dont you all have the owner shut down this area ?

It seems to me that would be the best thing so those of us whom come here would grasp right off we are not welcome nor wanted in the least?

sojourner

You supply sadistic entertainment...

BTW, did you REALLY use the phrase 'Martyr for Christ'?

Guest WarrantedPVC
It seems to me that would be the best thing so those of us whom come here would grasp right off we are not welcome nor wanted in the least?

I like you. Please stay. :)

PVC

She's threatened leaving before... I'd not lose sleep, m'dear...

sojourner

Okay...I'm confused.......................maybe I haven't been paying enough attention around here lately, but I thought soj was in the friends list with most of us...???

I'll say this in Ruby's thread just because this is where I happen to be.

The Right to Free Speech means that the government cannot make it illegal for you to say something. We can tell a Christian anything we want and how we want. If the mods want to censor them or restrict their postings, this does not hinder their Right to Free Speech since we are not the government.

Taph

@GG - TBH, it was her mate Kratos who caused the storm... something to do with my saying 'poo' while there were ladies on the planet...

@GG - TBH, it was her mate Kratos who caused the storm... something to do with my saying 'poo' while there were ladies on the planet...

Why don't we just break out the fainitng couches? Last time I checked hysteria is no longer a medical diagnosis!

I know...

sojourner

And miss out on all the advantages??? I don't think it's anyone's fault but your own if you deliberately twist meanings of messages to make them say something other than they do. And if you've been inviting all your friends over, you can just quite so far as I'm concerned. This place has just been crawling with liberal Christians lately and how would they know about it if you hadn't invited them over?

You're not going to convert anyone here not matter how much you play the martyr or how often you turn the other cheek. Some people trust and like you; some people see right through you and know that as a Christian you're up to no good thing. In this thread your real colour finally begin to show. And they're not pretty.

Asking the owner to shut down a most valuable part of the forums indeed! Go fuck yourself. A wolf is sheep's clothing. That's what you are, no matter what you call yourself.

I dislike Christians on principle alone, so in my view they should be allowed, but they're about as welcome as a fart in an elevator (for want of a better phrase).

They're free to post here... and that's the point...

Sojourner, are you married to Kratos? If so, I can better understand your position. Not that things will change but at least I'll understand why you took offense at something that was not directed at you.

I like you. Please stay. :)

PVC

I second that. Soj is the only Christian here that doesn't rub me the wrong way. In fact, I really like her.

Really, I know that some of you have a hard time with her for whatever reason but I think we've changed her thinking quite a bit and need to give her the benefit of the doubt...

Kells

Sojourner, are you married to Kratos? If so, I can better understand your position. Not that things will change but at least I'll understand why you took offense at something that was not directed at you.

I think she's offended because she tried to post some things in the other threads that I believe were sincere but others took potshots at. I think she believes we are lumping her in with the twit-Christians, and that may be the case in the minds of some.

I voted for 3 Selections...

Welcome as a punching bag ,Christians can come but should not be surprised to get unpleasant treatment and Other.

Other being..

They are welcome to partake in debates, to seek and look for answers, to take a peek in look around and see that not all non-believers are evil minions of Satan. They are welcome to their opinions, and I encourage them to challenge ours using reason, facts and not emotional manipulation that is so prevalent in the cult.

They are not welcome to use ex-c as a picking ground to win souls. Many members here have been seriously injured by the blood clut. Respect for that aspect of it should be acknowledged and given.

I have no problems with people who are still stuck in the back-ass-ward days of a desert land dogma written by uneducated men who thought the world was flat, who hated women and believed anything offensive to them was a sentence of death by the commandment of their deity. I believe MOST Christians are just a product of their cult indoctrination of an upbringing which underlines people to stay insecure, worthless, and oppressed. These people don't see themselves worthy of anything, why should they see anything worthy in anyone else?

sojourner

I don't think it would be a good idea to shut down this area, for one, the fundies would still show up from time to time, and least now they are given an area to post in with out disturbing the rest of the forum.

As far as Christians go, you are one of the few that is generally welcome here...for me it is more a matter of behavior than the label you choose to give your beliefs.

Unlike some of the others who have posted here whom I shall not name *cough* cough* Kratos *cough* you have generally been civil, and have both listened and actually had useful things to say, rather than just using us as faceless people to hurl insults at and preach too,

As far as I'm concerned you don't actually count as a Christian...I know that might not sound like a complement, but it is meant to be :woohoo:

I think we should welcome Christians warmly, but they only deserve to be treated unpleasantly if they are unpleasant themselves.

sojourner

Soj... what the hell?? Maybe the vote was different when you replied, I dunno, but right now the top is what I voted, you're welcome but expect heated responce. I don't respond to xians as much as others do here, but I don't mind them being here. I get tired of them being whiny little bitches though. The board description says to expect it, so why do so many get all upset and cry and be all "I'm taking my ball and going home." when they get such??? Wa wa wa waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa You want to go? GO, You want to stay then shut up about it.

I know it's hard, being a child of God and all, to accept that you have no right to tell us how we "should" do anything. It may be even harder for you to realise no one here cares what you, or any other xian thinks we "should" do. It's not up to you, and no one asked ya. If you're a professing xian you're going to get abused here, deal with it, or leave.

Sojourner... I don't think you deserve the mistreatment on here you get from what I have read.. Just thought I'd let you know that. Keep posting and use the ignore function.

I think we should welcome Christians warmly, but they only deserve to be treated unpleasantly if they are unpleasant themselves.

I agree with this sentiment. I don't know about the rest here, but I was once a Christian and believed a lot of the stuff that Christians throw out here, and probably acted like a lot of them do. It's the nature of the beast. Having been there, I tend to cut them a bit of slack, and maybe even try to hold myself above it. I like to think I'm an intelligent logical person, and I believed it, so I don't fault others for doing so also, and for acting in concert with those beliefs.

I also think that hostile reactions only confirm their preconceptions and may discourage Christians from interacting with those that might actually make them question their assumptions. I'd rather give them every opportunity to begin to question.

sojourner

Soj, are all christians "of a piece"? What, we cannot like you and despise the likes of Kratos and 1United? You've taken the trouble to earn a higher level of tolerance and respect, don't take offense on behalf of those who have not done so.

And the likes of Kratos and 1United are fun entertainment. You are not required to join in, but you cannot protect them. Our respect for you doesn't extend to them. Respect is earned on an individual basis.

We WANT the Lion's Den. We NEED the Lion's Den! Being able to openly disagree with a dogmatic is theraputic and stress relieving for us! No way are we going to ask Dave to close it! It's got it's place, and is high value to ex-christians. And as this is an Ex-Christian Forum, I assure you, Webmaster Dave is much more interested in catering to our needs and desires than to the "mistreated" christian minority.

You don't have to like it, and it's not like there aren't plenty of christian forums on the net you could go to instead.