Goodbye Jesus

Are Christians Welcome On Exc?

R. S. Martin

BTW 1United, that Spirits seed died a long time ago for me and unless you've got another Spirit's seed to plant it ain't gonna grow so you are really wasting your time.

I see..

I'm of the mind that this Spirit can never truly die, only seem like it is missing, gone, dead, etc. You have love for your peers in this forum, and they have love for you. Is the seed truly dead, then? Could it be that the seed is just limited to those whom are like you, and to those whom you have emotion for?

James

Ah so that explains your comment....not going there as it's off topic for this particular thread.

In keeping with this particular thread, as far as I am concerned you are welcome to post it in a more appropriate thread or start a new one.

Goodbye Jesus
  • Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Grandpa Harley

• R. S. Martin

• sojourner

• 1United

Top Posters In This Topic

Alice your last post helps me as well.

I have to say Ive grown a lot here and Im sure Kratos and uniited1 and any other christians that will stay and work thru the miscommunications and get to know people will grow as well. You cant help but grow when you are here if you truly listen and test your beliefs against what is being shared here.

I dont know where Im going to end up with my beliefs in all of this but its been good for me and I am a very determined peson. I want to know if I have the truth or not? That is important to me.

Thanks to those of you that endure me when you really want to kick me to the curb. I dont blame you all but just know that its been and is good for me and I desire to be here and be a part of you all and I am thankful for you and how you have touched my life and opened me up to learning in ways I never have till now.

I dont know if any of us christians really know what we are in for when we land here either by accident like me or other reasons but if we hang out long enough we do begin to understand our views are very small and tight and we outgrow them. We become challanged in ways we never would have. I dont think you all really know how valuable what you have here can be to those that are still really seeking. Some dont even know they are seeking when they come. We, christians might not really understand when we land here why we are truly here and what is about to happen in our lives. I didnt.

sojourner

*sniped to retain our general approaches ... and your concluding two sentences - just to save space *

might...

certainty...

So yeah, that's what would be lost... it's what is risked whenever we make that call.

Crap... reading through that, it really sucks to be me... :ugh:

Wow - just wow on the self disclosure Crazy Tiger and wow because I would never have attributed a lack of self confidence to you. You have a high level of self awareness in this regard.

As for me putting 'might' where you would say 'will', this was actually worded this way because of my own hesitancy in stating my conclusions rather than this being me suggesting you have options ... although actually you do - even though it feels as if you don't ;)

It's strange because I know I do have options. It's just that the person I am can't accept that I have them.
I still find it smarts when I'm shown to be wrong and suggestions that I have been gullible or naieve (an issue for me if I am respectful and trusting to someone who turns out not to honour this) and I understand the importance of being seen to make 'good judgements' ... this is why I often litter my paragraphs with 'might, maybe, perhaps ...' it is not just about taking a softer tone in coversation, it is also about building in some 'face saving' leeway if I'm 'off' in my judgement.
I wish I could be as kind to myself as you seem to be. Building some leeway is something that, for me, says to the world that I'm already wrong... and I can only do it when I'm feeling good about myself. (not something that happens often, but what the heck :shrug: )

Not that I'm suggesting that the way I see it is how it really is... I know that my personality twists that kind of thing into something different, so this is one area where I know and accept that I am wrong on things. I know that it's just common sense and a good thing to do, it's just my mind sees it differently. (ok, where are the men in white coats? They should have been here by now)

Anyway - I was trying out a fresh way of asking questions that are supposed to open up understanding between people and I'm really touched by how much you shared CT. I would like to comment that you seem to use your self awareness to be quite harsh on yourself, it is possible to self aware and nice to yourself :)

Yeah... I can manage that sometimes... but I'm quite the perfectionist. Any mistakes and I come down on myself like a ton of bricks...

Bah... all that Forum-cred down the drain. *sniff* ;)

No matter where you end up in your beliefs. I think the process is what makes us grow as people, not the end result.

Thanks MadameM

I really feel this is a very imporant time in my life or growth. And what a wonderful way to put it!

sojourner

I'm glad you are seeking. No matter where you end up in your beliefs. I think the process is what makes us grow as people, not the end result.

Well said...the journey is more important than the destination...

Bah... all that Forum-cred down the drain. *sniff* ;)

You lost no credibility with me CT. I feel like we connected :)

I love candid replies.

I have a question for the people reading this thread, mods, anyone. I'm not sure where to start. I've been talking with a few people on pm. Done some reading on various threads. Mostly laying low and trying to make sense of it all. One thing that really, really stands out for me in this thread and elsewhere is the stand Sojourner has taken, and through her influence, my mistaken view of Kratos. I also came across one or two of his posts elsewhere that I thought were pretty decent. Long story short, lots of people have been hurt, myself included. How to begin making things right?

Would it help if I deleted the poll of this thread and changed its title? What alternative title do people suggest?

I have a question for the people reading this thread, mods, anyone. I'm not sure where to start. I've been talking with a few people on pm. Done some reading on various threads. Mostly laying low and trying to make sense of it all. One thing that really, really stands out for me in this thread and elsewhere is the stand Sojourner has taken, and through her influence, my mistaken view of Kratos. I also came across one or two of his posts elsewhere that I thought were pretty decent. Long story short, lots of people have been hurt, myself included. How to begin making things right?

Would it help if I deleted the poll of this thread and changed its title? What alternative title do people suggest?

How about we close this thread and take a step back... That's my take on it.

So you want the title and poll on archive?

I'd favour letting an unpleasant learning exercise for all be allowed to die quitely with lessons learned :)