Goodbye Jesus

Those Who About The Dead Sea Scrolls, Please Come Here

Tyson

There's a guy on another site who tells me that there has been NO alteration/variation between the bible we have today (I think he is referring to the KJV) and the Dead Sea Scrolls. I know of one key groundshaking one that is shoved under the rug, but I know there are others. He then stated:

There are fragments of the NT all through the dead sea scrolls. The scrolls are still being released to the public even now as they go through more studying. Parts of Luke.. and other gospel writers were found.

Part of Luke's in the Dead Sea Scrolls? Did Christians settle in Quram long after the Essenes bailed and does this mean they knew the older scrolls were up in the caves and they placed their's there too. The book of Luke was not written until late into the 1st century on a best case scenario, probably long after the Essene Community was gone.

He also said this:

various different sources that state this fact about the unchanging manuscripts. Why if this was such a permanent fact... don't I see any historians of the time stating it? (that the Bible has changed over time)

I am sure he is reading the works of people like Grant Jeffreys and Josh McDowell to come up with these rose glasses views. Here's a piece written by Jefferys:

CLICK HERE

Your thoughts?

This page has some decent info on the DSS. The rest of what you said really can't be addressed because there's just nothing to say. No xians have been placed there. No Essenes can really be placed at Qumran for that matter. No one really knows who the people were that were there with any certainty (the Essenes are at the top of the list though). Was the author of G.Luke influenced by them? Who knows? Was it some "magic" thing if he was? I doubt it.

The texts do vary though. They vary even among what was found at Qumran. Online sites don't really have all the info on this since the texts are owned by a number of people and aren't easily published on the web. A good book is the only way to get solid info on DSS right now but that might change before long (people are trying to get all the texts, including variants and scraps online for everyone).

mwc

This page has some decent info on the DSS. The rest of what you said really can't be addressed because there's just nothing to say. No xians have been placed there. No Essenes can really be placed at Qumran for that matter. No one really knows who the people were that were there with any certainty (the Essenes are at the top of the list though). Was the author of G.Luke influenced by them? Who knows? Was it some "magic" thing if he was? I doubt it.

The texts do vary though. They vary even among what was found at Qumran. Online sites don't really have all the info on this since the texts are owned by a number of people and aren't easily published on the web. A good book is the only way to get solid info on DSS right now but that might change before long (people are trying to get all the texts, including variants and scraps online for everyone).

mwc

Thanks.