Goodbye Jesus

The Top 100 Christian Fundimentalist Quotes

sethosayher

Sorry if this was posted before:

http://209.85.165.104/search?q=cache:http%...x%3Farchive%3D1

Some of my favorites:

"I can sum it all up in three words: Evolution is a lie"

"I often debate with evolutionists because I believe that they are narrow mindedly and dogmatically accepting evolution without questioning it. I don't really care how God did what He did. I know He did it."

"Make sure your answer uses Scripture, not logic."

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Grandpa Harley

• SWIM

• Vigile

• Kelli

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

YOu need to pick over Kratos' and Sonya69's posts for some fundie-mental jems...

Blah, I had to stop reading, I was getting nauseous. The level of complete ignorance is staggering.

Heather

This one in particular really angers me. I went through a similar ordeal when I was young... Thankfully my outcome was a bit different. Very sad, and all because this parent refuses to see truth even when it smacks her in the face.

Just recently my son Bobby came out to me. I had been worried for awhile. His teachers said most of his grades were slipping and he seemed depressed and withdrawn.

Bobby said he'd been hiding it for awhile because he was afraid I would reject him. I sat him down and told him that I loved him and that God loved him, but that his salvation was in danger if he did not resist his unnatural tempations. I told him how being gay would mean he would live a shorter life, and that if he couldnt change his orientation he could be celibate like most the ex-gays are. He started crying saying something along the lines of "I knew you wouldnt understand! You're just like everyone else!" before running to his room and slamming the door.

What did I do wrong? I dont want to lose my son, but I fear I already have. I talked it over with his therapist, who had the ludicrous idea that homosexuality was unchangable and that trying to repress could lead to lots of psychological damage (I've dropped him and will try to be finding another therapist with more moral beliefs). I wouldnt be surprised if he's the one who's feeding my son all the homosexual propaganda about how its 'ok' to be gay. That, or how homosexuality has engulfed the media, making it seem 'cool' and 'hip' and how they were just another oppressed minority. You didnt have to worry about seeing two men making out on tv at my age! I dont want to sound like a fanatic, but Im worried what other effects will come out of this increasingly secular, immoral society obsessed with filth.

Am I too late? Or is it possible to save my son

[Note: the boy eventually took his own life.]

Someone smack some sense into these destructive fucking people.

That Athiests as a Majority one...? What a 'tard!

Jesus, this is just too much. I've seen and heard Christians say and type some stupid shit, but WTF!?

TBH with a mother like that, he was pretty much guaranteed a 'short life'...

Unfortunately I think you may be right. Worse, there's lots more ignorant fundy parents where that one came from.

This one in particular really angers me. I went through a similar ordeal when I was young... Thankfully my outcome was a bit different. Very sad, and all because this parent refuses to see truth even when it smacks her in the face.

Just recently my son Bobby came out to me. I had been worried for awhile. His teachers said most of his grades were slipping and he seemed depressed and withdrawn.

Bobby said he'd been hiding it for awhile because he was afraid I would reject him. I sat him down and told him that I loved him and that God loved him, but that his salvation was in danger if he did not resist his unnatural tempations. I told him how being gay would mean he would live a shorter life, and that if he couldnt change his orientation he could be celibate like most the ex-gays are. He started crying saying something along the lines of "I knew you wouldnt understand! You're just like everyone else!" before running to his room and slamming the door.

What did I do wrong? I dont want to lose my son, but I fear I already have. I talked it over with his therapist, who had the ludicrous idea that homosexuality was unchangable and that trying to repress could lead to lots of psychological damage (I've dropped him and will try to be finding another therapist with more moral beliefs). I wouldnt be surprised if he's the one who's feeding my son all the homosexual propaganda about how its 'ok' to be gay. That, or how homosexuality has engulfed the media, making it seem 'cool' and 'hip' and how they were just another oppressed minority. You didnt have to worry about seeing two men making out on tv at my age! I dont want to sound like a fanatic, but Im worried what other effects will come out of this increasingly secular, immoral society obsessed with filth.

Am I too late? Or is it possible to save my son

[Note: the boy eventually took his own life.]

Someone smack some sense into these destructive fucking people.

As I was reading that I kept hoping it was some sort of joke. Parts of it just sound so...well cliche. That poor boy.... it hurts just hearing it. I preach to the choir but what exactly did christ (words attributed to christ anyhoo) say on homosexuality? Why does every xian listen to Paul when he is as credible as Joseph Smith (or perhaps less given the time and unclear authorship) along with cherry picking the laws of the OT, then carry it so far as to torment their son to suicide?

Unfortunately I think you may be right. Worse, there's lots more ignorant fundy parents where that one came from.

Thing that keeps me sane on that front is that there is one less chance for their genes to go on to another generation. It neglects the human element just enough... not a 'nice' view, but then, I'm not a 'nice' guy... just one who keeps hangining on that there may be *some* hope...

Personally, I thought this one quote was really deep and profound.

What does a functioning brain have to do with the Bible?

As I was reading that I kept hoping it was some sort of joke. Parts of it just sound so...well cliche. That poor boy.... it hurts just hearing it. I preach to the choir but what exactly did christ (words attributed to christ anyhoo) say on homosexuality? Why does every xian listen to Paul when he is as credible as Joseph Smith (or perhaps less given the time and unclear authorship) along with cherry picking the laws of the OT, then carry it so far as to torment their son to suicide?

Well, as odd as this sounds, when I was brainwashed by Christian dogma and in total denial (and not even sure WTF was really 'wrong' with me) I would likely have said some things very similar that parent. Sad but true. I remember very clearly when my liberal sister said to me one day when my oldest kids were young and I'm sure I was spewing some idiotic fundy rhetoric "What will you do if you ever find out one of your kids is gay?" Her words haunted me for many years. Of course, that same sister is my only immediate family member that accepts me since I came out as transgendered. The rest are either simply ignorant or ignorant rabid fundies.

I am ashamed to even think about my former mindset. Not only was it potentially damaging to others, it was quite damaging to me.

Thing that keeps me sane on that front is that there is one less chance for their genes to go on to another generation. It neglects the human element just enough... not a 'nice' view, but then, I'm not a 'nice' guy... just one who keeps hangining on that there may be *some* hope...

I disagree. Strongly. I think had he lived he would have eventually broken free from the idiocy. If you are truly gay (or transgendered) you can't remain closeted and bigoted forever, even if your upbringing conditions you to be closeted and bigoted. I think it's a tragedy that he took his own life.

Oh I agree with the sentiment... but IF is a great one way trip to insanity... If is a game I don't play.

IF he'd lived he could have been the greatest force for peace this world has since since we left the Great rift Valley...

IF he'd lived, he may have just led a good and productive life, a benefit to all who knew him. And after a long and full life, have been buried by those who loved him for who he was, not what they thought he should be.

BUT he didn't live. He was hounded to his death by an uncaring mother, more wrapped up in her delusion of an imaginary friend, than loving the reality of her flesh and blood son...

So one can only pluck the smallest hope from the ashes of a wasted life...

IF is insanity for me...

"If you are truly gay (or transgendered) you can't remain closeted and bigoted forever, even if your upbringing conditions you to be closeted and bigoted."

Ted Haggard...

"If you are truly gay (or transgendered) you can't remain closeted and bigoted forever, even if your upbringing conditions you to be closeted and bigoted."

Ted Haggard...

And possibly Falwell. :(

Point taken. I imagine Ted Haggard and others like him are very miserable inside. I know I was.

Anyway, I think we need to be really careful with this line of thinking. It borders on the same type of genocide that Christians advocate.

[FRIGHTENING!!!

A woman wants to abort a rape child? She should have thought of that before she walked down that dark alley without a male prescence, not to mention she should have thought before putting on revealing attire.

[Yes. It should (be legal). Otherwise you're screwing over the women who don't deserve their fate.]

Are you calling them victims now? Should've stayed in the house where it's safe.

I like this one...

Athiests as a Majority

This is what it would be like, if the majority of people were athiests.

ATHIEST KID: Mom, I'm going to go fuck a hooker.

ATHIEST MOM: Okay, son.

ATHIEST KID: Afterwards, I'm going to go smoke pot with my friends, since it's "not addictive."

ATHIEST MOM: Okay, come home soon!

The athiest kid leaves the room. The father comes home from work several minutes later.

ATHIEST DAD: Hey!

ATHIEST MOM: Hi, honey! I'm pregnant again. I guess I'll just get another abortion, since "fetuses don't count as human life."

ATHIEST DAD: Okay, get as many abortions as you want!

ATHIEST MOM: Oh, and don't go in the bedroom.

ATHIEST DAD: Why not?

ATHIEST MOM: There are two gay men fucking eachother in there.

ATHIEST DAD: Why are they here?

ATHIEST MOM: I wanted to watch them do it for awhile. They just aren't finished yet.

ATHIEST DAD: Okay, that's fine with me!

Suddenly, their neighbor runs into the house.

ATHIEST NEIGHBOR: Come quick, there's a Christian outside!

ATHIEST MOM: We'll be right there!

The athiest couple quickly put on a pair of black robes and hoods. They then exit the house, and run into the street, where a Christian is nailed to a large, wooden X. He is being burned alive. A crowd of athiests stand around him, all wearing black robes and hoods.

RANDOM ATHIEST: Damn you, Christian! We hate you! We claim to be tolerant of all religions. But we really hate your's! That's because we athiests are hypocritical like that! Die, Christian!

THE END

Scary, isn't it?

Wow, I would love to live in that world! That would be as awesome as a Bill Engvall album.

Point taken. I imagine Ted Haggard and others like him are very miserable inside. I know I was.

Anyway, I think we need to be really careful with this line of thinking. It borders on the same type of genocide that Christians advocate.

I agree. But they don't need any help killing their own... From the outset it's a death cult.

Who are these people? I never hated atheists when I was a believer. I didn't know anyone else who did either. Pitied them yes, wanted to do them harm or wished bad things on them? Never. I suppose when someone is a disfunctional human being, that if you put a disfunctional meme to work in them they become intolerant hate mongers.

Who are these people? I never hated atheists when I was a believer. I didn't know anyone else who did either. Pitied them yes, wanted to do them harm or wished bad things on them? Never. I suppose when someone is a disfunctional human being, that if you put a disfunctional meme to work in them they become intolerant hate mongers.

It's the new brand of rabid fundy, the type found in mega-churches. I've run into quite a few of them.

Well, if that's what's breeding in America now, I'm glad I'm out. Sick fucks.

You have GOT to be shittin' me. . .are you honestly telling me these people are for real?

That's about as disturbing as it gets right there. . . WOW! I'm honestly floored by that whole thing. I'm doing my best to see the humor in it, but mostly its just real disturbing. I dunno what else to say, just. . .uh. . .WOW!

Who are these people?

Kelli is right, it is a new brand of fundy from the mega-churches - well, I'm not actually sure if it's "new"...same shit, shinier wrapping is all.

Also, many of the more outrageous statements are made by Xian teens.

Now, not to disparage anyone's age...we've got some pretty bright young minds on this site...but take the inexperience of youth, mix in rabid fundamentalism and you get Stupid^10. You talk to these kids and they have absolutely no clue as to what the real world is like at all. They grow up physically but remain in that same state of mind...unless something happens to actually wake them up.

Which is exactly what happened to me...I finally "woke up."

Whatever they are they are ripe to be recruited as Hitler youth.

What's the name of that law again Gramps?