Goodbye Jesus

In A Tough Situation

Guest YoungandBroken

Guest YoungandBroken

So as i come into the house today my mom said that she's going to watch this preaching vhs tape of this guy saying everything he possibly could against sexuality. The tape is called "santified sexuality" and its by this preacher guy. This is something ive been trying to get over for some time now so now that something like this is being done im not sure on what to do. Should i put my iPod in my ears when she watches it or leave the room. She's probably going to be agreeing with the tape and she'll try to use it against me. Im unsure of what to do right now, long ago i thought about destroying the tape but i decided not to, afraid she would find out. What should i do guys?? Im considering destroying the tape tommarrow if she tries to do anything slick.

Guest YoungandBroken
What exactly are you afraid she's going to do if she watches the video?

well all that stuff that guy will say on the tape it messed with my head. It gives me a negative outlook on girls. And im trying to avoid that.

YandB,

It's so hard to know what to do when you love and are dependent on the person or people whom you also suspect of brainwashing you.

I suggest you return to the first thread you started and re-read what was said to you by the members here -- it was good stuff, and pertains to what you're specifically facing right now.

Nobody can tell you what exact choice to make -- like, iPod to drown it out or not -- but the choice that's right for you can sometimes arise out of your staying in contact with the people and the words which you feel give you the most support for getting through each challenging situation.

Good luck to you.

y&b...

This isn't gonna be what you *want* to hear, but its 'gospel truff' as far as life goes:

"As long the Parental Control and Bill Paying Units pay your way in life, their rules, no matter hod odd or shitty they seem are how you gotta live for now."

Watch the bloody movie, take notes, and impress Mom with your now "wonderful expanded xtian knowledge relationships..".

Then continue to notice that the opposite sex looks, smells and does good things to your libdo and person.

Thing is, hang around there, even using the InterNuTT on Training WheeLLs, you can access tons of information about the things you need to know about *relationships*.

I'll tell you that nothing between consenting adults is ugly, immoral, illegal or unwanted, as long as both (or more) parties consent and are happy with the trade they are making.

George Carlin sais this, "Fuckin's legal, Sellin's legal, Why isn't sellin' fuckin' legal?" If the worst we do for a partner is give them an orgasm, then we're on road to enjoying life.

As far as the xtian message in the movie? Think "duck's back", let the bullshit roll off your back like water.

Be nice to ahve a bit more info about your situation, but will tell you to BE RESPONSIBLE, USE PROTECTION, AND ALWAYS TREAT YOUR LOVER LIKE YOUR FRIEND.

Carry on.. enjoy Life, there is a fuckin' awful lot of it to do.

kFL

Women and men share a beautiful thing together. Sometimes it involves love and sometimes not... but nonetheless, it's a beautiful thing.

It is a natural thing. It is a choice. But, it still remains beautiful.

Please don't let the fear in Christianity screw with your mind. It twists and warps and actually mangles wonderful things. For instance, (I believe in a creator)~~ the way they make the god of the bible and evil and manipulative beast.

Keep focused on the positive things in life my friend. Christianity is negative. Hang around, it'll all make sense.

I was going to say pretty much the same thing Skip said.

Just because you have to sit and watch it doesn't mean it's going to warp your brain forever. You know better. Do whatever it takes to make your mother happy while you are living under her roof, eating her food, etc. Follow her rules, give her the answers she wants to hear, but you know what the truth is. I don't see where watching this is going to mess with your head unless you let it.

What Skip said.....

Plus, when you watch that video, realize that people do exactly what is wanted in that video. They met their mate, and married as virgins. "Sanctified" and "Pure".

And they divorced.

The reasons for the divorce don't matter. The point is that they did. Are relationships that turn out that way reflected in this video? Or is it the fairytale ending? You know the one.....they get married, andtheylivedhappilyeveraftertheend.

Real life, and real relationships have nothing to do with that fairytale ending. No one bothers to tell young people that the story isn't over once you get married! You come back home from your honeymoon and NOW you have to BUILD a LIFE!! And they have NO clue what that entails.

Take private notes on what is really reflected in this movie. Do relationships come across as "easy" despite the narrator commenting that they are hard work?

There are people who get out in life believing this shit, and LIFE teaches them differently. Some take the punches and do the best they can, others are rolled by it and allow it to eat them alive.