Goodbye Jesus

101 Contradictions In The Bible

Guest skeptic101

Guest skeptic101

The first fifty one contradicitons and the answers chriastian scholars give:

1. Does God incite Dav

e walk, those who have leprosy are cured, the deaf hear, the dead are raised, and the good news is preached to the poor. Blessed is the man who does not fall away on account of

Note: All Regularly Contributing Patrons enjoy Ex-Christian.net advertisement free.
Guest skeptic101

second half of the biblical contadictions and christian answers:

52. Was Jesus on the cross (Mark 15:23) or in Pilate's court (John 19:14) at the sixth hour on the day of the crucifixion?

(C

ion, either by the original authors or any subsequent editors.

88. Did Jesus instruct his disciples to wait for him in Galilee (Matthew 28:10), or that he was ascending to his Father and God (John 20:17)?

(Category: misread the text)

Thi

sceptic101,

P L E A S E post a URL to this kind and amount of material already posted and found on 'Net.

I am trimming your OP, you are free to put the URL to it, but I do not want a multi-page bunch of BS hung on the bosses Boards when it is published elsewhere.

As part of the TOS here at ExC posting someone else's work without a link, permission, or "Note of Fair Use" constitutes theft of copyrighted materials.

Pull this again, and I'll review your ability to use Ex-Christian dot net's facilities.

No further warnings on this issue.

kFL

Guest skeptic101
sceptic101,

P L E A S E post a UR

his issue.

kFL

My bad :) well then, here is the link: http://www.scribd.com/doc/8986/101-Contrad...ns-In-The-Bible

I want to clarify my reasoning for this. I am a college freshman, 17 years of age. I am trying to look at both sides of the issue: does the bible contradict itself? As I stated in a previous post, sometimes it's easier to understand things when you are having a conversation w/ someone rather than reading off pages from google. I am looking for someone who can disprove or discredit a few things on the webpage that I listed. I have looked around some, but like I said, so far- no such luck. I am just looking for answers.

'101,

I appreciate your attention to this detail. Large, long pastes of others works are hard to handle here where formatting and page length are issues that we have to live with.

For folks who are so inclined to pop the provided link, they are free to follow and find the source(s) which you've provided.

"Fair Use" is a political and legal decision that allows for use of copyrighted material for things such as student/study and commentary work. Far too often complete works reprinted or relisted elsewhere can and have cause problems when copyright issues arise.

We try to avoid those by putting things quotes in a quote box, then attributed back to source or author.

In any case, feel free to continue to join in and participate.

kFL

I want to clarify my reasoning for this. I am a college freshman, 17 years of age. I am trying to look at both sides of the issue: does the bible contradict itself? As I stated in a previous post, sometimes it's easier to understand things when you are having a conversation w/ someone rather than reading off pages from google. I am looking for someone who can disprove or discredit a few things on the webpage that I listed. I have looked around some, but like I said, so far- no such luck. I am just looking for answers.

This is somewhat out of character for me, but something is making me question your sincerity. That's a strong statement from me not to be taken lightly. I suspect you actually have an agenda and are using a ploy of "just looking for answers" to make your point. I listed some things in your other post about Creationism. I'm curious whether anything I pointed out there was even paid attention to.

If I find you lacking sincerity, beware. Mark these words.

It doesn't matter if anyone finds contradictions in the Bible or not because the ingenuity of the human mind and willingness of religious people to synchronize the book overcomes every obstacle, even if it would blatantly say "black is white" they'd still find an argument to explain it away.

Here's a brain-teaser for you:

Titus 1:12 Even one of their own prophets has said, "Cretans are always liars, evil brutes, lazy gluttons." 13 This testimony is true. Therefore, rebuke them sharply, so that they will be sound in the faith

What is wrong in above statement by (supposedly) Paul?

I think the poster is trying to play 101 reasons why the Bible is really without error game. I've seen these kinds of posts on other websites. First they want to draw you into a lull with their charm and statements they are 'seekers', when their agenda is to evangelize. skeptic101 looks like he is a bible truth fundamentalist. If he were seeking, he would present the 101 reasons and ask our opinions for its validity rather than present 101 reasons to refute the essay. So, I'd say the buffett has been served and it's time to feed the christian to the lions.

Hans, I'm stupid cuz I don't know the answer to your riddle unless it has to do with racial discrimination or bigotry for the Cretes.

Lemme guess...one of their own prophets..must be a cretan...so is he lying or telling the truth?

HOW can whatever is written in the book be seen as anything BUT contradiction when even those within the xian community don't see eye to eye...HENCE so many bloody denominations of the one alleged "faith".

I think the poster is trying to play 101 reasons why the Bible is really without error game.

I wonder if our bible thumper ever dared to read over the SAB:

http://www.skepticsannotatedbible.com/

There are far more then 101 ways the buybull is wrong, and it would take courage and open mindedness to read that, something I don't see happening...

Hans, I'm stupid cuz I don't know the answer to your riddle unless it has to do with racial discrimination or bigotry for the Cretes.

Paul is almost creating a paradox. And it's because the word "always" is used.

A cretan (Epimenides) who say cretans always lie, is hence lying and it results in that cretans do not always lie, so the statement is NOT true.

But Paul claims it is true, so Paul's statement must be false, hence Paul is lying. (And considering that Paul is writing under the influence of the Holy Spirit, the Holy Spirit didn't catch this.)

It's not a real paradox, because Epimenides could be lying and the real truth could be that Cretans sometimes (or often) lie, but not always. So it's not a true paradox, but the solution is that it is a false statement, and when Paul claims this lie to be true, he is making a huge mistake.

---

Here's next mystery in the Bible:

Jesus said you should hate your father and mother, and Paul said you should love and respect them. Who is right?

Usually the solution is that the first quote shouldn't be taken literally (or redefinition of the word "hate" into "don't prioritize") or the solution is that Jesus only talked to the Jews and not to the later Christians. So basically the answer is either that a word in Greek is to be translated wrong, or a part of the Bible should be removed. Which is it?

Here's another fun one. In Titus 3:9 it says, "But avoid foolish disputes, genealogies, contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and useless." The bible lists genealogies, so is the bible unprofitable and useless and were the biblical authors sinning by including genealogies? Also, where in the bible is the prophecy in Matthew 2:23 made and who made it?

Here's another fun one. In Titus 3:9 it says, "But avoid foolish disputes, genealogies, contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and useless." The bible lists genealogies, so is the bible unprofitable and useless and were the biblical authors sinning by including genealogies? Also, where in the bible is the prophecy in Matthew 2:23 made and who made it?

Just think of all those Christians, usually the fundie ones, who are spending so much time and effort striving to change the laws... anyone would think they'd never read their own fucking book.

Read? The Bible? Are you mad?

Read? The Bible? Are you mad?

A True Christian™ never reads the Bible, he only lie about that he does.

I don't blame them... technically, using the toilet is a sin...

I don't blame them... technically, using the toilet is a sin...

It is? But I just had two cups of coffee, and I have the smallest bladder in Scandinavia! Grandpa I have to goooo! :beg:

Guest skeptic101

This is somewhat out of character for me, but something is making me question your sincerity. That's a strong statement from me not to be taken lightly. I suspect you actually have an agenda and are using a ploy of "just looking for answers" to make your point. I listed some things in your other post about Creationism. I'm curious whether anything I pointed out there was even paid attention to.

Lol. I promise I am not here to convert anyone. I actually do believe in evolution now due to a number of people on this site who have gone out of their way to talk to me and email, and even just some general posts made, including yours. I looked into those websites you gave me which sparked more intrest and I used resources on those sites to find more information. However, if someone says something that I believe to be false, wouldn't it be stupid or cowardly of me to not speak up? And more often than not I feel that people misunderstand certain Christian beliefs, that does not mean I believe them myself, but I do think they deserve an accurate review, not someone misqouting a belief or verse and people bashing on it. I am sincere though. That is something you don't have doubt in the least.

Guest skeptic101

Guest skeptic101

Lol. I promise I am not here to convert anyone. I actually do believe in evolution now due to a number of people on this site who have gone out of their way to talk to me and email, and even just some general posts made, including yours. I looked into those websites you gave me which sparked more intrest and I used resources on those sites to find more information. However, if someone says something that I believe to be false, wouldn't it be stupid or cowardly of me to not speak up? And more often than not I feel that people misunderstand certain Christian beliefs, that does not mean I believe them myself, but I do think they deserve an accurate review, not someone misqouting a belief or verse and people bashing on it. I am sincere though. That is something you don't have doubt in the least.

Guest skeptic101
I think the poster is trying to play 101 reasons why the Bible is really without error game. I've seen these kinds of posts on other websites. First they want to draw you into a lull with their charm and statements they are 'seekers', when their agenda is to evangelize. skeptic101 looks like he is a bible truth fundamentalist. If he were seeking, he would present the 101 reasons and ask our opinions for its validity rather than present 101 reasons to refute the essay. So, I'd say the buffett has been served and it's time to feed the christian to the lions.

let me say the same thing to you:

I promise I am not here to convert anyone. I actually do believe in evolution now due to a number of people on this site who have gone out of their way to talk to me and email, and even just some general posts made, including yours. I looked into those websites you gave me which sparked more intrest and I used resources on those sites to find more information. However, if someone says something that I believe to be false, wouldn't it be stupid or cowardly of me to not speak up? And more often than not I feel that people misunderstand certain Christian beliefs, that does not mean I believe them myself, but I do think they deserve an accurate review, not someone misqouting a belief or verse and people bashing on it. I am sincere though. That is something you don't have doubt in the least.

Guest skeptic101

let me say the same thing to you:

I promise I am not here to convert anyone. I actually do believe in evolution now due to a number of people on this site who have gone out of their way to talk to me and email, and even just some general posts made, including yours. I looked into those websites you gave me which sparked more intrest and I used resources on those sites to find more information. However, if someone says something that I believe to be false, wouldn't it be stupid or cowardly of me to not speak up? And more often than not I feel that people misunderstand certain Christian beliefs, that does not mean I believe them myself, but I do think they deserve an accurate review, not someone misqouting a belief or verse and people bashing on it. I am sincere though. That is something you don't have doubt in the least.

Fair enough. I actually had looked at your profile after I posted my skepticism about you and it changed my mind. I was going to post a correction in here, but never got around to it. Consider this that.

As far as being fair to the arguments, that's the only fair thing to do. However that said, when it comes to the creationist arguments, they've had their fair evaluation and been found to lacking validity, in most cases outright falsified. If this were real science, that would be the end of it. But not so with these folks. They politicize it and go to the non-scientific general population and appeal emotionally to them for support. This is in no way is doing credible science. You don't have to wine and dine politicians, or create emotional appeals to faulted logic arguments to sell something as scientific.

I linked you to the Talk Origins site because they have dealt with all the arguments there quite solidly. Many scientists choose not to engage them, because to do so gives credence to them. It's like having a serious discussion with Holocaust Deniers who ignore all the evidence to postulate their fanciful speculations. To discuss with them almost gives it a sense of credibility that marks it worthy of discussion. Imagine a biologist having a serious discussion with a 6th grader why people's blood is not Smucker's Jelly. The only reason the science community responds is because these religious science-posers have threatened to undermine the purpose of teaching children what science is in the class rooms.

Again, the fact that they have touring circuits to hawk their wares to the general public just goes to show how not-scientific it is.