Goodbye Jesus

Life After Death?

NoNameSam

If you tell a man He is 5' 11" and you change the size of an inch when the man is really 6'3" he will believe he is 5'11" because it has been told no other way.

An inch is an inch is an inch. A unit of measurement cannot change. It is illogical to think it would. All you have to do is just get a ruler and prove that it did not change. Why do you think it can?

in england before the standard measuring system for EUR. was invinted they used a kings foot to measure a foot.

And his thumb for an inch, the length from the tip of his index to his armpit for a yard, etc...

I STILL HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU ARE ASKING!!!!

Sorry, but really, what are you trying to say here?

And you know how....where you "born again"? if you havn't died I'll take that as a guess...personally I don't believe there is an after-life but I am curious as to what christianity is...an option or an ultimata.

It is an ultimatum. Look how their god treated his first two children over a piece of fruit! It was their first mistake in life and god killed us over it! Christianity sees their option as an ultimatum, either their way or hell. I'd have to take the position of some of my ancestors who would rather go to hell than spend eternity with those who made life miserable for the rest of us. I'm not sure god even knows what christians are saying about him.

You can tell me all day there ARE flying unicorns, but untill you prove it, they are not facts or even theory without any support at all in facts.

Now, M, I am not arguing but I want to ask if you can prove love exists? What is love?

I suppose we define love and then if something fits that description then we can say love exists. Is that it?

Are all things provable? I am trying to think of something we know exists but is unprovable. Is there such a thing?

js

You can tell me all day there ARE flying unicorns, but untill you prove it, they are not facts or even theory without any support at all in facts.

Now, M, I am not arguing but I want to ask if you can prove love exists? What is love?

I suppose we define love and then if something fits that description then we can say love exists. Is that it?

Are all things provable? I am trying to think of something we know exists but is unprovable. Is there such a thing?

js

Well, I personally believe love is in interpretation of a feeling, a deep emotion. It is not a measurable force or "thing".

No, but to be remotely believable extraordinary claims and things need extraordinary evidence before it is worthy of "belief" rather then mere speculation. I speculate about lots of things, but the things in the know category are few.

Some things are above speculation, but below "law" or absolute unquestionable proof. (theories)

Nevermind it was really not a serious question, I just wanted to see the reaction, it doesnt take much to fuel the fire of a virtua-wo/man on this site does it, nor anywhere else, people are to belittled in this world it even gets them down on the internet...it's sad.

??? "Fuel the fire"... I wasn't mad, angry, upset or even annoyed. I just answered what I though was your question... And did I belittle you??? I'm totally confused now... I treated you with respect, and answered your questions and you take that as me being rallied up or something. I wasn't irritated, but now I am. To me it sounds like you're hyper-sensitive. Maybe you should stay out of social interaction all toghether, because you obviously will take anyones response as an offense!

No I'm not offended, or belittled and it wasn't you doing any of the snide remarks haha, Some other people where giving me rude answers for no reasons like they where offended that I even wondered about this, chill.

According to you "It was never a serious question" so it was just you, playing with us to see how long it would take us to "react". So who is belittleing whom? If you have a serious question, a serious "what if..." then fine, but if everytime someone here "reacts" you claim it was never a real question then you sir are an ass. Say what you will about me being reactionary or whatever but I never signed up to be your lab rat, and I tend to get annoyed when I am used for things without my consent.

Nevermind it was really not a serious question, I just wanted to see the reaction, it doesnt take much to fuel the fire of a virtua-wo/man on this site does it, nor anywhere else, people are to belittled in this world it even gets them down on the internet...it's sad.

??? "Fuel the fire"... I wasn't mad, angry, upset or even annoyed. I just answered what I though was your question... And did I belittle you??? I'm totally confused now... I treated you with respect, and answered your questions and you take that as me being rallied up or something. I wasn't irritated, but now I am. To me it sounds like you're hyper-sensitive. Maybe you should stay out of social interaction all toghether, because you obviously will take anyones response as an offense!

No I'm not offended, or belittled and it wasn't you doing any of the snide remarks haha, Some other people where giving me rude answers for no reasons like they where offended that I even wondered about this, chill.

According to you "It was never a serious question" so it was just you, playing with us to see how long it would take us to "react". So who is belittleing whom? If you have a serious question, a serious "what if..." then fine, but if everytime someone here "reacts" you claim it was never a real question then you sir are an ass. Say what you will about me being reactionary or whatever but I never signed up to be your lab rat, and I tend to get annoyed when I am used for things without my consent.

Then why not be pissed off at the world, you see you are only of use to others and none to yourself, until you have used all others you, yourself shall always be used...so get use to it.

Then why not be pissed off at the world, you see you are only of use to others and none to yourself, until you have used all others you, yourself shall always be used...so get use to it.

Sounds like New Age crap, BTDT. This sounds really deep, but in fact it's just not true. We are all of use to ourselves, and although others may use us, some people will not, and some will do so with our consent. It may be a cynical way to put it, that my children use me, but I don't mind it sounding cynical, it's true. They do so with my knowledge anad consent though. Same can be said for my lovers, various other friends, relatives and aquaintences. All done with my consent usally for mutual gain, no big deal. When you come in somewhere and are all, huh, let me see how long, or how hard I have to poke people until they re-act, you are being disengenuous, and kinda a jerk. Since you admit your question was not serious, you admit to out right fraud, no, not everyone behaves the way you have here. You then deflect your jerk like behavior off on your lab rats. "See knew I'd make you react, ha ha." The people here who reacted to you were not the jerks, and they were being genuine. They are here for a reason, and you came in, thought you had a handle on said reason and decided to upset the apple cart. Since you admit your question was serious you admit you do not take us, this web site or our reasons for being here seriously. You then want to say we were rude to you??? Hey Kev when do we call SHENANIGANS!!!???

If I spend my entire life, let's say 65 years not believing in the Christian God but I have never harmed or done any serious wrong my entire life can I still pray on my deathbed and make it to heaven? Or is christianity just another ultimatum where if I don't do one thing I can't go on to the next?

Well, Constantine, who we can "thank" for most of the success of Christianity, he waited until death bed to convert and get baptised.

Point of history... Constantine's mother waited for him to be comatose to have him baptised.

Point of history... Constantine's mother waited for him to be comatose to have him baptised.

Really? That's kind of funny. There were a slight chance he might do some dreadful and unforgiveble sin as long as he was awake.

Well, my understanding is that he thought that by baptism you got forgiven for all your past sins, but not for your future sins, so if you got baptised and then sinned, you would go to Hell. I don't know if this is correct knowledge or not, but did the community believe this? If so, why didn't all Christians do the same thing, and had a bed side baptism only, and lived their whole life in a constant party?

js

Emotions are tetchy. People don't all feel things the same way, and some folks feel nothing at all. So emotions are not measurable by conventional means. They can hook you to machines and tell you when different areas of the brain light up that are associated with certain emotions, and they can detect increases and decreases in blood pressure, but one is not necessarily related to the other. You cannot measure emotional intensity specifically.

It wouldn't have mattered which emotion you picked, the only way you could know how intensely a person feels something is to be in their own skin.

This is a really poor thing to bring up trying to prove something exists. It's ridiculous. Because emotions are not measurable objectively. Pick something sensible. Like cave spiders. Their existence has no bearing whatsoever about how I feel about them existing.

Really? That's kind of funny. There were a slight chance he might do some dreadful and unforgiveble sin as long as he was awake.

Well, my understanding is that he thought that by baptism you got forgiven for all your past sins, but not for your future sins, so if you got baptised and then sinned, you would go to Hell. I don't know if this is correct knowledge or not, but did the community believe this? If so, why didn't all Christians do the same thing, and had a bed side baptism only, and lived their whole life in a constant party?

He didn't think 'much' of Christianity... he never voluntarily converted during his life, and it was his mother's doing... so the question doesn't really mean much. It's largely a Catholic myth he wanted much truck with the Christians, as long as they stopped being a PITA

But the death bed contrition and baptism was pretty popular in RCC circles, certainly enough for it to become a joke on British TV (specifially Dave Allen)

TBH, I painted NNS pink and handed him the Grandpa Harley 'Moron of the Week' award.

The abuse of grammar, along with the meaningless drivel he's spouting seemed a pretty clear evidence that he had nothing to say and was fishing for reaction. I assumed it's a friend of Justsomeone, and thus wasn't really worth the effort of engaging... I only chipped in since there was an historical point about Constantine.

He didn't think 'much' of Christianity...

It got me thinking... many Christians complain about the majority of the other Christians and that they are not "true" or they are not honest or whatever. So does Christians really think much of Christianity at all? It's just a thought.

Very few chrsitians think so little of their cult to claim to be members of the Mithraic cult (although there is a good argument they are)

OP and posters posts stand for *now*.

Would like readers to see what happens when the Great Gear God forgets to time tooth spacement on a human sprocket. When the signal from heaven bounces off the brain matter in a well functioning system, things "click" smoothly.

Notice OP and poster. Gears lack luster, shine and ability to work together well.

I'm suspecting Jorge the Great Monkey God tossed a bunch of 'nanner peels into the works slighty before this less than finely tuned specimin escaped the showroom floor. Resulting loss of traction made for an ever so medium lack of self control.

Please enjoy as Jorge has fun slipping these mental cogs.

kFL

OP and posters posts stand for *now*.

Would like readers to see what happens when the Great Gear God forgets to time tooth spacement on a human sprocket. When the signal from heaven bounces off the brain matter in a well functioning system, things "click" smoothly.

Notice OP and poster. Gears lack luster, shine and ability to work together well.

I'm suspecting Jorge the Great Monkey God tossed a bunch of 'nanner peels into the works slighty before this less than finely tuned specimin escaped the showroom floor. Resulting loss of traction made for an ever so medium lack of self control.

Please enjoy as Jorge has fun slipping these mental cogs.

kFL

ROFL! Well as long as no one gets all up in Jorge's sketty-o's.