Goodbye Jesus

My Journey Into Unbelief

Naughtyhamster

I've been working on this slideshow presentation for about six months as I've been trying to create a dramatic mood and pour my soul out in this production. Before I post it anywhere else I want to see if you all think it makes sense and will make an impact:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v296/koh...nt=c5142cee.pbr

Sorry there's no sound as I've been having problems with Photobucket's sound samples you can add to the slideshows. If anyone knows how to add music from another source please PM me about it. Thanks!

Goodbye Jesus

Honestly, I think sound would detract from it. The silence kind of "screams" I think. The only sound I would even consider doing would be the text in whispered echoes, but it doesn't "need" that.

Presentation-wise the only minor nit-pick (and it is a nit-pick) I have is the text font always changing size...though it's certainly warranted at the end. Not a huge distraction though...

The picture of the starving child with the buzzard behind it was horrible... :(

The picture of the starving child with the buzzard behind it was horrible... sad.gif

I noticed a lot of atheists use this photo on their online presentations as the image of a buzzard waiting for a starving child to die is very thought provoking. On some site I read that the photographer of this photo won a Pulitzer Prize, but as he was so traumatized by what he saw he committed suicide six months after winning the award. :(

I was thinking of changing the font size, but with Photobucket it's very basic stuff so it's hard to do very much with it. I was trying to tell the story of how a xtian student, who attended the community college that I did, died of cancer and the class was told just hours after he passed away. Might be a bit verbal at first but I guess I can write my story in less words, but I have no idea which parts I should cut out without destroying the emotional impact of my words.

I apologize...I neglected to mention that I found it quite powerful. That is what I meant by the silence "screaming," but that was obviously very unclear...

I don't think you *need* to change anything. Like I did say, the font thing was just a nit-pick...

I liked the video just the way it is. A picture says a thousand words.

I apologize...I neglected to mention that I found it quite powerful. That is what I meant by the silence "screaming," but that was obviously very unclear...

Well I thought the beginning drags on a bit too much and I'm thinking of probably just editing it a bit.

Bravo!

A little bit different this time as I took out the unimportant details and added something more thought provoking.

I enjoyed it - I thought it was very good. Powerful.

I agree....very powerful and thought provoking.

I think intermittent music might be something to try? But I have suggestions for songs.

I do see some punctuation discrepancies. If you'd like me to note what I see, I'll be glad to.

btw: The buzzard picture is moving. I might have to use that sometime.

Cheers,

Carol

I'm still working out all the kinks in this production. I'm also trying to figure out how to upload a DVD of the family "rat-baby" Ares so I can upload them for the YouTube. Also I'm working on a slideshow bout Greek mythology which I was going to show during a lecture I wanted to do for the tutoring center people, but my xtian supervisor didn't seem to like the idea because of the talk about gods and goddesses. Still I'll be finishing that one up to probably this Spring break or Summer and show it to everyone here before it goes onto the YT for public viewing. :D

I decided My Journey Into Unbelief doesn't need sound as it's supposed to be something to be read and thought seriously about, and on the site I created these on my selection of music is severely limited. Still the Greek mythology on will have some dramatic Debussy piece to it which hopefully fits the mythological tale I want to use which is about the Minotaur.

A little bit different this time as I took out the unimportant details and added something more thought provoking.

I guess I missed the first version. I think it's very good.

Very powerful and succinct. We are always told that this religion's god is love, and that religion is one of peace, another self-fulfillment, another a way to be in touch with nature, but in reality, all gods are man-made, and the religions based on them are capable of the greatest horrors. And, as your pictures show, natuure itself isn't the kindest.