Goodbye Jesus

The Virgin Birth

hereticzero

Did Mary reproduce asexually?

According to the Christian Bible, god made one male and one female of all species in order to propagate the earth. Evolution has been found to show the story of procreation to be a fable. Recently, it has been discovered that Comodo Dragons can reproduce asexually with no male to fertilize their eggs--a virgin birth. How can this be possible if a god ordained his creation to procreate with opposite sexes in order to continue the species?

Then, the only way Mary could have gotten pregnant without the help of a male counterpart would be asexual reproduction.

Recently, it has been discovered that Comodo Dragons can reproduce asexually with no male to fertilize their eggs--a virgin birth.

:) Interesting analogy Heretic Zero. Are you sure about Comodo Dragons reproducing asexually? My understanding of this would be, they'd only be the "female gender" then. In humans, it is the male's contributed chromosome that determines the gender. Interesting...

(I've only heard of asexual reproduction by an asexual organism.)

Then, the only way Mary could have gotten pregnant without the help of a male counterpart would be asexual reproduction.

Which also suggests, if it was an asexual birth, the child would have to be a female then, right? So that wouldn't even work with Mary, even using mental gymnastics. ^_^

However, it was quite popular then, to be considered a son of a "God". Ceasar claimed to be the son of Apollo. :Hmm:

However, it was quite popular then, to be considered a son of a "God". Ceasar claimed to be the son of Apollo. :Hmm:

Exactly. IMO the "virgin birth" was just a legendary tale added by the gospel writers to increase Jesus' stature. All avatars and "sons of God" had to have special births.

According to the RCC doctrine of the Immaculate Conception, if Mary did reproduce asexually, then she was just genetically predisposed to it via her mother St. Anne...

Recently, it has been discovered that Comodo Dragons can reproduce asexually with no male to fertilize their eggs--a virgin birth.

:) Interesting analogy Heretic Zero. Are you sure about Comodo Dragons reproducing asexually? My understanding of this would be, they'd only be the "female gender" then. In humans, it is the male's contributed chromosome that determines the gender. Interesting...

Which also suggests, if it was an asexual birth, the child would have to be a female then, right? So that wouldn't even work with Mary, even using mental gymnastics. ^_^

I dunno. I thought asexual reproduction was reproduction without a partner or is that just masterbation? I can't remember, hell i've had too many naps since high school biology class, give me a break, i'm old dammit!

:Doh:

I think one of the best things I ever read on a blog post thread was on this very subject in Pharyngula. The gist was that because baby gee was the result of a virgin birth, the H. in expression "Jesus H. Christ" must therefore stand for Haploid. :lmao:

I dunno. I thought asexual reproduction was reproduction without a partner or is that just masterbation? I can't remember, hell i've had too many naps since high school biology class, give me a break, i'm old dammit!

:)Heretic Zero.... just asking! Heck... I'm kinda old myself, however the older I get, the farther off I make the "old" designation. :HaHa:

I did some research... and you are right, in there is lots of info on asexual reproduction of the Komodo Dragon. Here are some interesting bits of information about your topic also...

Parthenogenesis (from the Greek παÏθένος parthenos, "virgin", + γένεσις genesis, "creation") is an asexual form of reproduction found in females where growth and development of an embryo or seed occurs without fertilization by males. The offspring produced by parthenogenesis are always female in species where the XY chromosome system determines gender.

The term is sometimes used inaccurately to describe reproduction modes in hermaphroditic species which can reproduce by themselves because they contain reproductive organs of both genders.

There also are numerous traditions of parthenogenesis in human cultures around the world, including the story of the virgin birth of Jesus Christ in Christianity and Islam, dating to the earliest of written records. (Any case of ordinary parthenogenesis produces only female offspring, so the birth of a male by parthenogenesis would be impossible.)

I suppose it would be scientifically possible for Jesus to have come from a "virgin" birth in the context it is Biblically used, that she "knew" no man, if Mary were a hermaphrodite. :shrug: I find that highly unlikely, and am inclined to agree with Deva.

• 2 weeks later...

This story found here, http://apnews.myway.com/article/20080207/D8ULPGV00.html indicates males can be hatched as well as females.

============================

WICHITA, Kan. (AP) - Two Komodo dragons have hatched at the Sedgwick County Zoo, apparently without the fertilization of a male. The dragons, both males, are believed to be the first in North America known to have hatched by parthenogenesis, which occurs naturally in some species, including invertebrates and lower plants. It happens more rarely in some vertebrates.

Two other known cases in which Komodo dragons hatched by parthenogenesis were at the London and Chester zoos in England in 2006.

============================

This shows to me that male and female sexuality is only necessary to propagate certain types of species, meaning heterosexuality may not be as necessary for the continuation of the species. Maybe Mary was part Komodo? Maybe, just maybe, Mary was a hermaphrodite and she fertilized herself by standing on a chair?

The X Chromosome has to be introduced for a male child to be born.

Since Mary was a virgin, that makes the baby singularly unique.

Erm, that would be a Y... and Barber fish reproduce asexually all the time, and change sex if the one male in the shoaldies or gets eaten

However, it's a lot more likely that the virgin birth did not happen. You muppet

However, it's a lot more likely that the virgin birth did not happen. You muppet

:lmao:

I dunno, christianity offers compelling evidence from their own babble. They also have lots and lots of artwork showing Mary with George Bush, er uhn, baby Jeezus--so if they have artwork, it must be true.

They have the Dore Engravings to prove it!

Since Mary was a virgin, that makes the baby singularly unique.

More likely story is, she screwed around with Joe before the wedding. No honest.. I was a virgin I dunno how this baby got there.. Ya see I had this dream.... and :lmao:

People are so gullible. :loser:

Well, maybe Joseph was "soaking it"...

soaking_it.jpg

It's not like 'virgin birth' is overly original...