Goodbye Jesus

About Having Kids And Grandkids And Stuff

R. S. Martin

This is an odd thing coming from a man, but I don't remember my hormones ever coming out on top of reason... up to and including declining hot wild monkey sex since it seemed to me to be leading in a direction I didn't want to go in...

That's still hormonal. The direction you didn't want to go in involved the experience of hormones in your system whose presence you do not enjoy.

An aversion to rabbit boilers ringing at three in the morning is hormonal? Cool!

Is it a defence for murder? :fdevil:

Hormonal inbalances are sometimes used as a defence against various types of criminal behaviour.

What is that you think your reasoning capacity is based on - what are your thoughts comprised of?

Complex iteration of electricity and neuro-peptides... hormones are not neuro-peptides

Your neuropeptides are triggered and regulated by hormones Gramps.

You're probably right :)

I wanted children for the longest time, the American nuclear family daydream. Since my wife's miscarriage, we have been unable to have kids since then. I rationalized my way into this pigeonhole that my selfishness or our premarital copulation was the reason for the miscarriage. Nowadays, I look in hindsight and realize children will come when they come. Since reproductive disorders are part of the natural order, there are other methods like adoption. I think when the time is necessarily correct for us, then we will either have or adopt an infant.

To be honest, I have sleep deprivation and maybe a screaming, hungry infant will help me sleep.

I've never wanted kids.

People always tell me I'll change my mind. I'm 31....pretty sure I know my own mind by now....yet they still say it.

I think when I hit 35, I'm just going to start being BRUTALLY honest.

Butthead: "You'll change your mind"

Me: "Really? Because you know, the thought of feeling something moving around inside me make me just want to scream and run into traffic. Parasites give me a serious case of the heebie jeebies, and anything that is sustained by my bloodstream, and is not "me" IS a parasite. And frankly, the idea of something latched orally to my tit to draw sustenence from my body....just triggers a deep sensation of anger, hatred, and violence within me. So are you really really SURE you want me to change my mind?

:lmao: Priceless! I only wish I had thought of something like that back when I was in my 30s. Now that I'm 47, I don't get the "you'll change your mind" speech much anymore, somehow... :HaHa:

It's better to realise that you're selfish and you'd be an inadequate parent rather than going ahead and having children anyway, and then resenting them and regretting that choice for the rest of your life. At least that's the argument I use when people call me selfish for not wanting kids of my own. I'll stick with being the awesome aunt to my sister's kids, thank you very much. :P

And anyway, when one looks at the state this world is in, wouldn't it be less selfish to refrain from bringing yet another human being into it?