Goodbye Jesus

Big Triple 6 Magic Evil Number Of The Beast

R. S. Martin

I'm somewhat confused. I thought I posted this topic but can't find it. Does this mean I didn't post it after all or did I post it and a mod deleted it because it's inappropriate? I think perhaps the former so I'll post it again. If the latter, would you be kind enough to inform me via pm so I know what is going on? Thanks.

When I logged onto exC today I noticed that at the moment there are 666 Testimonies of Former Christians. That's the Big Triple 6--the magic evil number of The Beast. Isn't it ironic how the Christians set up their religion to make The Beast necessary, at least here?

I for one didn't ask to deconvert. But when belonging to their community depended on professing to believe something impossible to believe I was forced to choose between personal integrity and the comfort of belonging. I know MANY people here identify with that. That's what I mean--they hate when people aren't Christian, yet they have set their religion up in such a way that we can't be part of them unless we sell our integrity.

When we refuse to sell our integrity we of necessity deconvert. That makes us former Christians. And the numbers add up. Right now the number of our testimonies is sitting at the big Triple 6 that the fundies fear so much.

Not my fault.

I would have liked to start a thread in that section to draw attention to it but that would have changed the number and spoiled the evil magic. I did post about in inside another thread (here) but wanted to also have a thread for itself.

That was the exact first thing that I noticed when I logged in too!

I was hoping no one would disrupt the harmony too.

*Does the Grandpa Harley 'We invoked the beast' Dance*

666 saved souls have testified! How cool!

Mathematical rumination...any 3-digit repidigit is a multiple of 37 since every repidigit is a multiple of 111 (37 * 3).

Argh, Mateys, I'm the neighbor of the beast. My number is 656.

Mathematical rumination...any 3-digit repidigit is a multiple of 37 since every repidigit is a multiple of 111 (37 * 3).

not sure which is worse... you knowing that or my finding it an interesting fact... I'd never thought about it... since the digits add up to 3, 111 is divisble by 3 so self evidently not a prime, but I'd really never considered... 37 is an intersting prime isn't it?

The prime you get if a three-digit positive number having identical digits is divided by its sum of digits.

The only prime with period length three: 1/37 = 0.027 027 027 ...

The Carthaginian general Hannibal began his trip across the Pyrenees with 37 war elephants.

23 + 57 + 1113 + 1719 + 2329 + 3137 is prime.

The last odd Roman numeral alphabetically is XXXVII (37). [brahinsky]

37 = 1 + 2 + 3 + 4 + 5 + 6 + 7 + 9 = 37. Note that 12345679 * 3 = 37037037. [Al-Humaid]

William Shakespeare is thought to have written 37 plays.

The least number of 5th powers needed to represent every possible integer. [Lagrange]

37 * 03 = 111

* 06 = 222

* 09 = 333

* 12 = 444

* 15 = 555

* 18 = 666

* 21 = 777

* 24 = 888

* 27 = 999.

Mitochondrial DNA contains 37 genes. [Magliery]

37(6 + 6 + 6) = 666.

The degree of the first polynomial discovered whose set of positive values is the set of primes as the variables range over the natural numbers.

The sum of the first 37 primes is a Fibonacci number. [Honaker]

37! + 1 is prime.

That was the exact first thing that I noticed when I logged in too!

I was hoping no one would disrupt the harmony too.

:3:

I think, somehow, that we're supposed to feel guilty and scared when we think of this number. Yet here we're talking about not "disrupting the harmony." It must be maddening to see how little power their religion has over apostates. Maybe it proves how perverted we are?

We love each our friends and families. We value human life and virtue. Yet we're perverted and they can't stand us. Weird.

When I logged onto exC today I noticed that at the moment there are 666 Testimonies of Former Christians. That's the Big Triple 6--the magic evil number of The Beast. Isn't it ironic how the Christians set up their religion to make The Beast necessary, at least here?

IT'S THE END TIMES!!! RUN FOR THE HILLS CHRISTIANS, WE ARE 666 DECONVERTS STRONG. BOOGA BOOOOOGA!!

No, they better NOT "run for the hills." This is what the Holy KJV says about people who run for the hills:

Hosea 10:8  the thorn and the thistle shall come up on their altars; and they shall say to the mountains, Cover us; and to the hills, Fall on us.

The last part of this verse is what Jesus said to the women who cried after him on the way to Calvary (Luke 23:30).

I omitted the first part of Hosea 10:8 because it's just too obvious, but all these passages seem to be saying that people who "run for the hills" are people who sin, who aren't quite with Jesus altogether. They think they are serving God but when the real test comes they're just not there. Why? Because they are "running for the hills"--that's why.

Um, let's see. I think we already knew. I didn't have to say it. Sorry.

not sure which is worse... you knowing that or my finding it an interesting fact... I'd never thought about it... since the digits add up to 3, 111 is divisble by 3 so self evidently not a prime, but I'd really never considered... 37 is an intersting prime isn't it?

I have a strange love affair with 37. It's one of those stupid facts that made me love math, especially with number theory. Did you know that 37 is the only two digit number of the form 10a+b such that...

10b+a = 2[10a+b]-1 (edited, now correct)

I would make my students do that as a graphing problem in their Algebra class.

******SADDO ALERT*****

Any chance of showing that graph?

Actually, I am quite interested in the 37 thing too *feels geeky*

*feels geeky*

Is he one of the Dwarves they don't talk about?

Geeky

Dirty

Pervy

Nasty

Ugly

Smelly

and Vile

******SADDO ALERT*****

Any chance of showing that graph?

I wish I could, I tried with minimal success.

Go like this...convert to Cartesian variables (x,y) ==> 10y + x = 2(10x + y) - 1

Distribute and collect variables onto either side: 8y = 19x - 1

Divide both sides by 8: y = 19/8 * x - 1/8 which is in slope-intercept form [y = mx + b]

If anybody remembers their intermediate algebra: b is 1/8 step below the origin, from there go up 2 3/8 steps and 1 step to the right. A minimum of two points are necessary to graph any line.

Since two digit numbers can be represented as 10x + y where 0 < x,y < 9, the only solutions that are whole numbers are x = 3, y = 7.

Therefore 10(3) + 7 = 37 and 10(7) + 3 = 73.

Q.E.D.

*feels geeky*

Is he one of the Dwarves they don't talk about?

Geeky

Dirty

Pervy

Nasty

Ugly

Smelly

and Vile

what if the dwarves had been female? Would Grumpy have been Bitchy, or Dopey have been Blondie? :scratch: