Goodbye Jesus

We're The Most Feared Minority In Us

par4dcourse

I only have one question for the OP. Why is it that when many think ex-Christian, they automatically think atheist? I'm not an atheist and neither are many here.

Not trying to derail the thread and if you would like me to start another on this topic, I will. But the title of the thread got me thinking...

Note: All Regularly Contributing Patrons enjoy Ex-Christian.net advertisement free.
Who have I bitch slapped back to the stone age now?

No one in particular, it was meant as a compliment. I mean, if some really pushy fundy just wouldn't take "go away" for an answer, I'd love to say "just a moment, there's someone I'd like you to meet" and then send you to the door. :vent:

I only have one question for the OP. Why is it that when many think ex-Christian, they automatically think atheist? I'm not an atheist and neither are many here.

Not trying to derail the thread and if you would like me to start another on this topic, I will. But the title of the thread got me thinking...

I didn't mean to imply that all ex-c's were atheist. There's just more here than at most other sites. I don't claim to have any answers, just more questions than the xtians were willing to answer.

I did ponder that, then thought 'Kelli can handle it...' ;)

I didn't mean to imply that all ex-c's were atheist. There's just more here than at most other sites. I don't claim to have any answers, just more questions than the xtians were willing to answer.

:3: Cool. Thanks for clarifying. :)

If anyone wants to get nitty-gritty on the technicalities...

We all disbelieve in Yahweh in some way, we either question the existence of or we outright say he doesn't exist. Therefore, it can be said that all of us are either "agnostic" or "atheistic" toward Yahweh/Jehovah/Elohim and just in this context, no more, no less. If one denies the power of abovementioned deity, then we deny the power of the church. When the power of the church is denied, we admit that we have equal standing in the eyes of the law and we have the power to ensure this country remains secular as it always should been.

This is likely why ex-Christians are considered atheists by fundy Christians.

I know that feeling, but as far as I can tell, most of us here are atheists (or maybe the atheist faction is the most vocal :) ), so... ;)

Nearly all xians I've had the wonderful pleasure of debating all try to tell me that in some dark distant past of theirs that they were an...atheist! Now they're a super xian. So what is it that they fear? Their own past? Their inner-self? The imaginary "atheist" they believe they once were (because most of these same xians would be "backsliders" at best)?

It seems that these "atheists" indulge in "life" or "worldly" things and get the crap beaten out of them until they jesus-up. Seems they should love and embrace atheists (metaphorically...they need us to be down and out literally for the prodigal son fantasy thing to work).

mwc

I'm long beyond believing a single letter of the same old same old "I was once an athiest!!!!111!!" crap. :Hmm:

Let X be the number of morontheists who claimed that.

Then the number of morontheists who demonstrably don't know shit about atheism is... *drumroll*... X.

'nuff said. :fdevil:

Nearly all xians I've had the wonderful pleasure of debating all try to tell me that in some dark distant past of theirs that they were an...atheist! Now they're a super xian. So what is it that they fear? Their own past? Their inner-self? The imaginary "atheist" they believe they once were (because most of these same xians would be "backsliders" at best)?

It seems that these "atheists" indulge in "life" or "worldly" things and get the crap beaten out of them until they jesus-up. Seems they should love and embrace atheists (metaphorically...they need us to be down and out literally for the prodigal son fantasy thing to work).

mwc

So, these Christians are just failed Atheists? They failed so badly managing their own lives, they had to turn to Super Dad for help (returning to the mythical nursery, rather than becoming a fully functional adult)?

Well, an xtain in a way, thinks that *any* religious belief other then xtianity is atheism. Why? Because they think ALL other religions are bogus, and that not believing in their god, is not believing in god at all, therefore, if you are not xtian AND in their sect, viola! You are an atheist!

When you are part of a mob of people claiming to see clothing on a naked emporer, there is noone more despised then the child who points out the obvious- the emperor is naked- making a fool of all who supported the illusion.

Which is likely why the freethinkers stay out of sight, because if you believe this life is the only life you get then you are going to want to keep it as long as possible. If someone is delusional to the point pulling out a weapon, then self-preservation tends to trump one's want to debate theology.

Read this morning over at atheism central ( http://atheism.about.com/) that atheists are the most feared and despised minority in America. WTF?

Most all the people I've met here (and there) seem boringly average aside from their lack of religious beliefs. Austin Cline is astute and quite civil. We discuss mundane events here and express normal fears. We are feared?

Surely their omnipotent gawd could just flick us out of existence like an annoying booger. Where's this fear from?

They're scared the atheist is right!

they don't think its possible to live without god

we are walking living proof that an atheist can have a normal, sane, healthy life without god

we are doubt personified.