Goodbye Jesus

At Church Today A Minister Told Me I'd Face A "temptation Of Homosexuality"

sethosayher

Let me preface this by saying that, as many of you know, I'm an atheist who has to feign belief and is forced to attend church weekly.

Let me also preface this by saying I'm totally straight. I strongly support gay rights because I feel that people have a right to pursue the lifestyle of their choice, but that does not mean I'm gay myself. I feel stupid having to point that out.

Anyway, this has been really annoying me. Church, which has always been a cesspool of bull and boredom, will now be extremely awkward as well. I can't imagine the stress an actual Gay person must feel in a Christian fundamentalist environment.

*punches wall*

you should have kissed him on the cheek and licked his ear lobe...

:lmao: Yeah, what gramps said!

He specifically told YOU that you would face a temptation of homosexuality? In prophecy mode or something?

Or did he say that to the entire congregation?

If so, sounds like preacher-man may be in the closet himself...

He told the congregation that one of us would face this "temptation."

Then he told me privately.

I've gotta watch myself <_<

You should have walked out of the 'private session' shouting 'How DARE you make a pass at me!'

That is so weird...

Grandpa you crack me up

Yeah, that would have been hysterical to see !

and it does make one wonder, was he making a pass ?

sojourner

• Super Moderator

I think he wants to do you. Just say no.

- Chris

p.s. Fuckin' Christians!

Hate to laugh at "your" pastor (must be miserable being in his church), but :lmao:

I've had 22 years to be tempted into homosexuality, and I'm afraid I'm still as straight as ever (though a strong opponent of bigotry and intolerance against gays). I guess the devil must be having a rough time with me. Or on second thought, maybe I AM gay what with not trying to "fix" my gay friends, and having been to a gay bar (lots of temptation there, oh yeah :rolleyes: ), and my not thinking homosexuality is a sin and all. Damn, I never had a clue! Just think, this could be you too! :fdevil:

If so, sounds like preacher-man may be in the closet himself...

That's my opinion.

Sounds like the preacher has a sexuality problem.

Spatz

I'd say your pastor is projecting, bigtime.

you should have kissed him on the cheek and licked his ear lobe...

You are my hero Gramps!!!! I don't always agree with your positions but they are, without a doubt, the most witty! I wanna be like you when a grow up! :grin:

He told the congregation that one of us would face this "temptation."

Then he told me privately.

I've gotta watch myself <_<

Unbelievable.

You should have walked out of the 'private session' shouting 'How DARE you make a pass at me!'

Good one, Gramps! You may be related to my best friend in high school. Sometimes, when he was having quiet conversation with someone, he'd suddenly and loudly blurt out, "YOU WANT TO SUCK MY 'WHAT'?"

Which also would have been a great line to say while backing quickly out of the door of that private meeting!

Good one, Gramps! You may be related to my best friend in high school. Sometimes, when he was having quiet conversation with someone, he'd suddenly and loudly blurt out, "YOU WANT TO SUCK MY 'WHAT'?"

Consider yourself lucky...my friends are far more twisted, so I get 'WHERE DID YOU BURY THOSE KIDS?'

Does the pastor have the last name Haggard?