Goodbye Jesus

Ruins Of Ancient City Found

Mandatory Chaos

Ruins of 7,000-year-old city found in Egypt oasis Tue Jan 29, 3:26 PM ET

CAIRO (AFP) - A team of US archaeologists has discovered the ruins of a city dating back to the period of the first farmers 7,000 years ago in Egypt's Fayyum oasis, the supreme council of antiquities said on Tuesday.

"An electromagnetic survey revealed the existence in the Karanis region of a network of walls and roads similar to those constructed during the Greco-Roman period," the council's chief Zahi Hawwas said.

The remnants of the city are "still buried beneath the sand and the details of this discovery will be revealed in due course," Hawwas said.

"The artefacts consist of the remains of walls and houses in terracotta or dressed limestone as well as a large quantity of pottery and the foundations of ovens and grain stores," he added.

The remains date back to the Neolithic period between 5,200 and 4,500 BC.

The local director of antiquities, Ahmed Abdel Alim, said the site was just seven kilometres (four miles) from Fayyum lake and would probably have lain at the water's edge at the time it was inhabited.

It's an Atheist plot...

Satan is the Father of Carbon Dating these results are false as they contradict the bible!!!

Nothing to add here :lmao:

Nothing to add here :lmao:

And it really proves nothing either if you're Ken Ham. He spends $27 million to propagate that myth and it will have more staying power thanks to his museum.

I believe the Greeks invented agriculture two thousand years before we were created? An astronomy class could show them that the creation of the universe is much older than 6,000 or even 12,000 years old, and the earth was also older than the 6,000 year creation. Can't talk to people with their head in the sand.

You mean they've found evidence of the Most Ancient Civilization of Mu!? I mean this has to be proto-Mu or something like that.

Yay! Ia! Ia! Cuthulu fhl--*ahem*

O Ryleh?

Ia, Ryleh.

/sarcasm and general geekery

Cool discovery, looking forward to seeing what comes out of it.

You mean they've found evidence of the Most Ancient Civilization of Mu!? I mean this has to be proto-Mu or something like that.

That was close. Almost had to roll SAN loss.

Aaaah Lovecraft...

...the dread Book of Dzyan, the first five chapters of which are older than the Earth...

Somehow that thought (imaginary as it is) always moved me. Imagine how it would feel, holding a book in your hands of which you know the above :blink:

Satan is the Father of Carbon Dating these results are false as they contradict the bible!!!

I was going to say this.

This story is a stumbling block placed in people's paths by Satan.

Everyone knows the Bible says the world is only 6,000 years old.

Therefore, this story must be a lie.

O Ryleh?

Ia, Ryleh.

Well they found Irem... so it's not that... must be another of the Valusian serpent men's citadels...

BTW, anyone got a story link for this?

I could only find this. I'm thinking there isn't anything else available yet since it's all still buried and probably will be for some time. If we're lucky they will be able to do some of that satellite imaging on this place and reveal what it looked like. Since they really don't like to dig anymore, with a conservation strategy in place, it could be the only way to "see" the place. But since Egypt likes to say they're the oldest civilization, who knows? Maybe they'll put in a rush order on this one. :)

mwc

• 2 months later...

O Ryleh?

Ia, Ryleh.

>>> I though the lost city of Ryleh was in the middle of the ocean...

No, it's not! It's a creation of God to test our faith! Glory to Jebus!

O Ryleh?

Ia, Ryleh.

>>> I though the lost city of Ryleh was in the middle of the ocean...

Pacific, east of New Zealand...

No, it's not! It's a creation of God to test our faith! Glory to Jebus!

Ever notice how many xians mix them up?

Sometimes they give Satan more credit for stuff than God. Makes you wonder who they believe calls the shots.

OH-MY-ZEUS. Xians are really Satanists!

Praise be to god that we have lies, blindfolded ignorance, and bullshit available to counter any facts and evidence that science throws our way.