Goodbye Jesus

Hell House

Brutal Brian

Halloween is coming up.......

Your assignment: Go to a Hell House and raise hell! Mock, laugh, eat loud food, be obnoxious.

We don't as yet have these places in Australia. Is this solely an American thing?

Casey

We don't as yet have these places in Australia. Is this solely an American thing?

Casey

It probably is. I don't think Europeans would put up with this crap.

I have heard of Hell House, but did not see it during my wasted Christian years. The church thinks if it presents something dramatic, it can shock you into it's clutches. Group think and mass emotion come into play.

I did see something similar at two churches called "Heaven's Gates and Hell's Flames". This was a play showing what happens before and after people die. They must change the play slightly, as it was several years between the performances I saw and they were a little different, but the same point comes across: go to heaven if you're saved, go to hell if you're not. Some details I remember: a druggy teen OD's and Satan comes to drag her to hell (a pit in the floor with fake smoke from dry ice and flashing lights, she is hurled kicking and screaming into hell); a family is in a car discussing how the unsaved father should come to church with them when they are all killed in an accident, the mother and kids go to heaven while the father is dragged off to the pit (mom and kids are comforted, thought, when Jesus himself brings out their son/sibling that had died a few years previously); a woman is weeping and crying for forgiveness over an abortion she had, after she dies Jesus greets her with her baby in his arms (guess you don't grow up when you get to heaven?). I found this website on it. Heaven's Gates and Hell's Flames The churches did provide child care, as they advised that children under six would find it too frightening. Maybe they were afraid of getting sued if it traumatized a preschooler.

I did see something similar at two churches called "Heaven's Gates and Hell's Flames".  This was a play showing what happens before and after people die.  They must change the play slightly, as it was several years between the performances I saw and they were a little different, but the same point comes across: go to heaven if you're saved, go to hell if you're not.  Some details I remember: a druggy teen OD's and Satan comes to drag her to hell (a pit in the floor with fake smoke from dry ice and flashing lights, she is hurled kicking and screaming into hell); a family is in a car discussing how the unsaved father should come to church with them when they are all killed in an accident, the mother and kids go to heaven while the father is dragged off to the pit (mom and kids are comforted, thought, when Jesus himself brings out their son/sibling that had died a few years previously); a woman is weeping and crying for forgiveness over an abortion she had, after she dies Jesus greets her with her baby in his arms (guess you don't grow up when you get to heaven?).  I found this website on it.  Heaven's Gates and Hell's Flames  The churches did provide child care, as they advised that children under six would find it too frightening.  Maybe they were afraid of getting sued if it traumatized a preschooler.

That reminds me of the scene in the movie Ghost when the shadowy "demons" drag that guy away.... :fdevil:

the mother and kids go to heaven while the father is dragged off to the pit (mom and kids are comforted, thought, when Jesus himself brings out their son/sibling that had died a few years previously);

Well, as long as they got their minds off dad...........

The churches did provide child care, as they advised that children under six would find it too frightening. Maybe they were afraid of getting sued if it traumatized a preschooler.

However, some children are imaginative enough to picture what "hell" is like from what they hear from adults and other kids, so many will be traumatized anyway.

Halloween is coming up.......

Your assignment:  Go to a Hell House and raise hell!  Mock, laugh, eat loud food, be obnoxious.

You know, I just may have to go for that this year.

Not exclusively, of course. First off, I imagine it'll be hard to find one here in Utah. Mormons are crazy, but most of them see Halloween as the rest of the nation does; just a holiday for the kiddies. Besides, there are so many more worthwhile things to do with my favorite night of the year!

eh... Happy Halloween.

i wanna go, pretend to be so frikkin scared by the idea of going to hell that i request to be saved at the end of it, pray with the preacher/douchebag, then after the prayer is done, just say "NAW, i'm just fuckin with ya', hail satan bitches!" and walk out..

It's just another reason why I hate fundies - they're such a bunch of killjoys. They try to insert their stupid beliefs into everything fun to try and trick us into believing, and end up ruining a good time for everybody.

I guess if they figure if they can't go trick or treating, no one should. Blow me, you fuck-tards! I'm going to the local spookhouse twice this year just to help them make more money.

i wanna go, pretend to be so frikkin scared by the idea of going to hell that i request to be saved at the end of it, pray with the preacher/douchebag, then after the prayer is done, just say "NAW, i'm just fuckin with ya', hail satan bitches!" and walk out..

Hence the cool part in the film where this kid in a Fear Factory shirt flips off one of the priests... vic.gif

BTW All Gods Fail, Your sig is awesome!

It's just another reason why I hate fundies - they're such a bunch of killjoys. They try to insert their stupid beliefs into everything fun to try and trick us into believing, and end up ruining a good time for everybody.

And what they can't Christianize, they put an end to. Same goes for "moralists."

BTW All Gods Fail, Your sig is awesome!

Thanks, but I have to thank unamerican.com for that! Purveyors of righteous free thought stickers, shirts, mugs, etc.

I have this one on my car:

whyobey.gif

It would be fun to mess with these people:

1) At the end, jump up and tell everyone not to be scared, it's all just pretend! Then pull someone's mask off, or slide back a curtain....

2) Get to the end, proclaim "That was cool! Especially the suicide scene. Can I go again?"

3) Smoke a joint, THEN go through and laugh hysterically at every scene....

c'mon people, work with me here.....

Ripping off a mag of blanks out of the fulla auto AR-15 somewhere they can't see it but hear it good and loud..

That and the tinkle of the brass hitting ground is pretty much a crowd nutbreaker..

Not that has EVER been done 'round these parts..

:bounce:

kL

OH I just got a brainstorm!

Go through the hellhouse, make mental notes, pick out a scene where you think you would fit..........THEN.............

come back w/ an appropriate costume (maybe wear an outer layer shirt) and sneak into a back area and pop back out in costume - start acting in the scene, see if it doesn't confuse the hell out of the other actors! (hey it's a big church - tell 'em you're an extra brought in at the last minute) - and, most importantly, during the scene, play one of the unsaved people and just freaking CUSS LIKE HELL the whole scene! Just pour out the most offensive stuff you can think of.

And then you absolutely MUST report the results back here! ROTFLOL

*I slay me*