Goodbye Jesus

How Can It Be So Hard?

Paladin

I am mystified why it is so hard for Christians to see that the God they love so much, is not a loving god at all.

They say "God so loved the world". but in reality it's all about him!

It is that humans must see him as the only God, must worship him, must do this for him, must to that for him, must believe ,,must, must, must. and if we don't, it is straight to hell.

Sounds like to me a egoistical bully! It's doesn't sound like love at all for us humans. and the simple fact is, if this was true, this God made the rules, so if he is all powerful he can make and break rules.

So anyway, because of these reasons, I find it hard to believe people can't see that this is a god made by man, to rule and hold man hostage...

Paladin.

I am more than that, it took me 40 years:(

That's OK. I think the fact that we figured it out at all is what's important. :)

So true..I just don't see why it is so hard for Christian to see what is at staring at them right in front of them?????

Can't they see this type of God only loves himself?

So true..I just don't see why it is so hard for Christian to see what is at staring at them right in front of them?????

Can't they see this type of God only loves himself?

It was hard for me, for many years. I was blinded by hope. Hope in something false. An alternate reality of sorts.

I say Xianity is selfish. It's all about how God makes YOU feel...even though it's a placebo effect...

You give to God, he gives back to you...God only loves you as much as you love yourself I suppose. So it's selfish both ways really. You have to keep giving more to get more. Probably why so many Xians burn out.

I find it rather mind-boggling now that I'm out of it. It seemed so natural and made so much sense when I was in it...but it was driving me cuckoo too.

Well crap, I'd love to continue this thread, but I just got called into work for the SECOND time tonight...

For you it was hope, but for many others it is fear. Fear of going to hell. Many don't even really love god...they are just afraid of the myths told to them, otherwise, I bet you would not see so many "Christians" if they knew they would not go to hell, if they didn't worship this egomaniac!!

Ok Kellie, thanks for the chat:)

I agree with you graphicsguy, it all really boils down to "What's in it for me"?..so it is about greed and selfishness!!!

It's incredibly frustrating. I know there was another thread on here someplace about other christian forums. Well those people blow my mind. I get so ticked off with the ignorance.

I'm trying to deal with getting pissy with them, but it gets tough.

How can someone not see? It's easier to see the truth than make up the lies they do.