Goodbye Jesus

Baha'i Faith: New World Religion

Guest Bahai

Baha'u'llah ("Glory of God"), Founder of the Baha'i Faith (www.bahai.us), claims to be the Mouthpiece of God for today. He also claims to return in the spiritual fulfillment of the prophesies of the previous world religions, such as Christianity. For Christians, He is the spiritual return of Christ. Many Christians already have turned to Baha'u'llah for the renewed guidance He gives us for today, as have the adherents of other religions, or even atheists and agnostics. Baha'u'llah says that in every age, a new Manifestation of God is sent to mankind for their spiritual guidance. The reason being, "old" guidance was good for old times; for a new day, which presents new and unique challenges, "updated" guidance is needed—the old will not do anymore. The Baha'i Faith seeks to establish world unity via the prescription given by the Divine Physician, Baha'u'llah. Says Baha'u'llah:

"The All-Knowing Physician hath His finger on the pulse of mankind. He perceiveth the disease, and prescribeth, in His unerring wisdom, the remedy. Every age hath its own problem, and every soul its particular aspiration. The remedy the world needeth in its present-day afflictions can never be the same as that which a subsequent age may require. Be anxiously concerned with the needs of the age ye live in, and center your deliberations on its exigencies and requirements."

If you want world peace, you should give the Baha'i Teachings serious consideration, for they outline how that unity is to be achieved.

If you have any questions about this exciting new world religion—one of the fastest growing and most widespread religions—please do not hesitate to ask. I will try to answer them to the best of my ability as a Baha'i.

Keeping this site online isn't free, so we need your support! Make a one-time donation or choose one of the recurrent patron options by clicking here.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Grandpa Harley

• Ouroboros

• SWIM

• The-Captain

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What's difference between being spirtually buttraped with a common stick or a shovel handle?

Not a damn thing. All depends on how rough they were on you before you got away from the torture.

I've listened to the bullshit that BaliHaihahaha and Krew regurgitate and promote with the promise like of those doing Dianetics..

Hell at least the scientology folks give you hope of a good sci-fi novelist for a figurehead.

BaliHahahahahahahaHai guy or gal, feel free to take your tripe and wrap it in triple thick aluminum foil and send it "collect" to the nearest "I REALLY give a shit" station.

You won't find one here.

kFL

Be-bop-a-lula, she's my baby... Be-bop-a-lula, I don't mean maybe....

BaliHaihahaha

BaliHaihahaha?

:lmao: Bwahahahahahaha...don't know why, but I found that really damn funny. You've got a way with words, Skip...

No thank you Im fine as I am, and feel little need for spirituality or higher powers. I think you will have better results with this discussion in General Theological Issues or Ex-Christian Theism/Spirituality. I also feel like warning you that you will have little luck gaining converts, however general open discussion of your faith wouldnt hurt.

Personally I would like to hear from you about your personal experience with the Baha'i faith, why you follow it, what drew you to it, and what makes you think it is true (or rather worthwhile).

My husband and I had a Baha'i couple as friends in college. We (mainly he) tried to convert them. They tried to convert us. We went to eachothers' churches. We even went to a couple of services, as did they. We were truly attracted to the religion (never were close to converting), but in the end after our own deconversion from Christianity, we decided that it's no different than the others... same tactics, same questionable historicity, same delusional thinking....

No offense, Bahai, but I don't think you'll get a friendly reception here. I sympathize with you, for Baha'i is really a neat and interesting religion for many reasons... but you won't get any interest in it here save pure intellectual curiousity.

If your name is Brian, Bahai, please PM me. :) Peace.

"The All-Knowing Physician hath His finger on the pulse of mankind......blabbity blabbahai...blah

Keep your fingers to yourself. Keep your prophets to yourself. If a supreme being has something to say to me, such a being is perfectly capable of speaking directly TO ME without a 'translator' or 'intermediary' of any kind. Only people who have a deep lack of self-worth could be convinced that god will talk to "that guy", but never to themselves. An absence of self-esteem is required to get intelligent modern people to believe there are prophets. There are plenty of such people in the world, but you will find them in somewhat short supply here at Ex-C.

If you want world peace, you should give the Baha'i Teachings serious consideration, for they outline how that unity is to be achieved.

If you have any questions about this exciting new world religion—one of the fastest growing and most widespread religions—please do not hesitate to ask. I will try to answer them to the best of my ability as a Baha'i.

Oh my! I sure don't think I want this. Something to do with the beast and some other shit like that.

mwc

Blaha?

So Bah'ullah claimed to be the mouthpiece for yet another unproven god.

*yawns*

Ever notice that this alleged supergod hand-picks *one* human and expects the rest of us to believe the human?

Damned inefficient, if you ask Me. When I want to speak to humanity, I do so Myself.

Springy Goddess message du jour: "Do stuff that expands your mental and physical horizons, inasomuch as you can do so without unduly maiming yourself or others. Oh, and chocolate is good, too. And take time to pet the friendly fuzzy critter of your choice."

P.S. "New Religion", My ass! Baha'i has been around since 1844. Christian Science and Mormonism are also 19th-century religions, and I don't hear anyone calling them "new".

TBH it's another reasonable philosophy spoiled by making it a religion... and it still needs work since there's the gay issue (when it was apparent tyhe founder only meant thre traducing of children) and full equality of women (wherein Bahai is better than the other Abrahamic religions, but still needs to get out of the early Suffragette movement and into the 21st Century)

Of topic, has Dante been Red Squiddied yet?

Sure I have a question

Do you have any proof that any of your claims are true? (and by proof I mean things that don't revolve around, "a holy book tells me" "god revealed it too me" "accept my word on faith")

Blaha?

Blaba'ubla?

mwc

Just like Joseph Smith is a mouthpiece for the Mormons, right?

"The All-Knowing Physician hath His finger on the pulse of mankind. He perceiveth the disease, and prescribeth, in His unerring wisdom, the remedy. Every age hath its own problem, and every soul its particular aspiration. The remedy the world needeth in its present-day afflictions can never be the same as that which a subsequent age may require. Be anxiously concerned with the needs of the age ye live in, and center your deliberations on its exigencies and requirements."

Why the hell, regardless of what era in history any given religion was founded, do the leaders insist on speaking like Shakespeare? I'm going to start posting like that, just to see how ridiculous it is. I mean, if your god is so in tune with us lowly humans, can't he at least learn the local dialect? Sheesh!

Reminds me of those old Mule Skinner Blues

"Ba'HAIIIIEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!! HEE HEE HE HEE HEE HEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!"

Baha'u'llah ("Glory of God"), Founder of the Baha'i Faith (www.bahai.us), claims to be the Mouthpiece of God for today.

There are a number of spiritual teachers that I do admire. What they all have in common is that none of them claimed to be "the Mouthpiece of God". If someone claims they have a special pipeline to God I figure one thing is sure-- they DON'T have one. How arrogant. I could hardly read past this first line.

Well thanks for that but I've read quite a bit about the bahai religion and it sounds just as batshit crazy as all the others.

If this dude is the spiritual return of Christ, I definitely want nothing to do with it.

"The All-Knowing Physician hath His finger on the pulse of mankind. He perceiveth the disease, and prescribeth,

Wonder what the reason is "it" speaks in old english? Trying to mimic the speech in the KJB? Better to suck you in with my dear!

I perceiveth bullshiteth....

My husband and I had a Baha'i couple as friends in college. We (mainly he) tried to convert them. They tried to convert us. We went to eachothers' churches. We even went to a couple of services, as did they. We were truly attracted to the religion (never were close to converting), but in the end after our own deconversion from Christianity, we decided that it's no different than the others... same tactics, same questionable historicity, same delusional thinking....

No offense, Bahai, but I don't think you'll get a friendly reception here. I sympathize with you, for Baha'i is really a neat and interesting religion for many reasons... but you won't get any interest in it here save pure intellectual curiousity.

I, too, had a Baha'i friend in college and attended a couple of services at the Baha'i Faith Center in Washington, D.C. Really nice people, but they believe a lot of flakey stuff. Too bad they don't find a more productive way to work for world peace; their theology just gets in the way.

Yay, verily doth Ba'hai'hula - hoop, become the mouth of god. This religion will not let you rest when it comes to tithing, after you join. Bahai is just one more religion making a religion off of Christianity and Judaism. It's like walking across a pasture without stepping in a pile. We need Moonies to post now.

• Super Moderator
Baha'u'llah ("Glory of God"), Founder of the Baha'i Faith (www.bahai.us), claims to be the Mouthpiece of God for today. He also claims to return in ta'u'llah:

"The All-Knnts."

If yolity as a Baha'i.

No evidence for a god, and certainly no evidence that this is his "mouthpiece."

People are constantly announcing that they are the true representative of the one and only god. They make up a few lines of pithy verse and open up shop. Why do people believe this shit? It's a true mystery to me.

- Chris