Goodbye Jesus

Question About Voting

Neon Genesis

I hope this question doesn't sound dumb, but I was wondering when you vote for president, do you need to have a photo ID for the voting? Would the voter's registration card be enough or do the identification requirements vary by state?

Keeping this site online isn't free, so we need your support! Make a one-time donation or choose one of the recurrent patron options by clicking here.

It varies. All you need is a driver's license where I live. No pre-registration or anything like that.

I hope this question doesn't sound dumb, but I was wondering when you vote for president, do you need to have a photo ID for the voting? Would the voter's registration card be enough or do the identification requirements vary by state?

It depends on your state. In my state we need proof of residence in addition to proof of who you are, I have no idea what voter cards are?

Going by what you listed as as where you live.. TN.. I'll look for ya.

You can get more info at the sight.

Vote411 Tennessee

ID Needed for Voting

At the poll, voters can show any ID with signature or voter registration card to vote. However, if you are a first time voter that registered by mail you are required to show your voter registration cards, drivers' license, or photo id with your name and signature.

If you have none of these IDs then you must show two of the following forms of ID. One from each group.

Group A

# valid photo ID government or private

# current utility bill

# bank statement

# government check

# pay check

# government documents with your name and address

Group B

# Any document with voters' name and signature (credit card)

# Or sign an affadavit of ID form provide by the pollworkers.

Ah, so it looks like you only need a photo ID for your first time voting, then? That's what I thought it was, but I wanted to double check in case I needed one since I can't find my photo ID and I would've been screwed if I did need it. Thanks for the help.

Here in Colorado, the System requires one (1) state-issued ID, along with one (1) photocopy of the voter's ass.

Photos of mules and donkeys are not acceptable. Photo submitted must be of an Ass.

Edited to add: I've just discovered that if the voter owns no Ass, then Hike Muckabee will descend upon the scene to fulfill this role; alternatively, Willard "Glove" Romney will photocopy one of his own Asses, which will be baptized by proxy in the individual's name, hence enabling him/her to vote.