Goodbye Jesus

An Observation About This Whole Ex-xian Thing

ExConfusedChristian

I was just thinking the other day:

Before I deconverted I would have thought that a forum like this would have been filled with hateful, swearing, big meanies just wanting to crush people.

Now here I am: talking to all of you who are just normal people like me. Thoughtful, smart, sensitive, caring people. You all did the stuff I did, spouted the sayings, read your bible, sang the songs, "tried and tried" - just like I did. And now, you are left with the results of trying to live a fairy tale for however long - just like me.

Sorry if this is coming across as 'ya...so?' but it just hit me the other day and I just wanted to get that out.

So, thanks :)

We have our moments :)

Before I deconverted I would have thought that a forum like this would have been filled with hateful, swearing, big meanies just wanting to crush people.

But...but...but...I thought that was part of our charm and allure????? :twitch:

I thought it was called 'tough love'

Have you actually been reading this forum? :shrug:

Now here I am: talking to all of you who are just normal people like me.

Again, I have to ask?

:HaHa:

mwc

Heh... how much time have you spent in the Lion's Den? ;)

Shhh, don't give away our secret life of happiness and love.

We are angry god-haters who eat babies and have abortions daily.....while burning the Bible.

LOL.

...And that's on a good day.

Now here I am: talking to all of you who are just normal people like me.

We're normal? :lmao:

Shhh, don't give away our secret life of happiness and love.

We are angry god-haters who eat babies and have abortions daily.....while burning the Bible.

LOL.

...and having incestuous-homosexual-lesbian-bestial sex with black cats and then sacrificing them to the devil while doing palm readings, wearing crystals, and casting evil spells on anyone trying to stop us. :HaHa:

(Eww!)

• Super Moderator

It is nice to be amongst a group of people who don't threaten you with Hell and can discuss topics other than Biblical and doctrinal minutiae.

- Chris

You're normal. The jury is still out on me though. ;)

Normal is overrated.

Heck, if I'm normal then the rest of you have a lot to worry about :eek:

I was just thinking the other day:

Now here I am: talking to all of you who are just normal people like me. Thoughtful, smart, sensitive, caring people. You all did the stuff I did, spouted the sayings, read your bible, sang the songs, "tried and tried" - just like I did. And now, you are left with the results of trying to live a fairy tale for however long - just like me.

Sorry if this is coming across as 'ya...so?' but it just hit me the other day and I just wanted to get that out.

So, thanks :)

What has happened, is that you are beginning to lose your for lack of a better term spiritual prejudice. The church taught you that anyone who wasn't "saved" were pretty much Satan's slaves and didn't know how to do anything but sin. Even the ones who tried to help humanity were"still misled" and no matter how much good they did, it didn't count since they weren't christian. You were told not to associate with these people unless it was to witness to them because they'd "Tempt" you and make you stumble in your walk with Christ.

Now your eyes are opening and instead of judging people just by their race, religion, ethnic group, sex, sexuality, you take people on an individual basis. Simply put there are good and bad people from all walks of life. Since we have abandoned Christianity's narrow world view of who is good and bad, we have to figure it our for ourselves and trust our own judgment.

I won't lie, I'm still having trouble getting over my own spiritual prejudice, but I know it can be done.

Love and Kindness,

Tabula Rasa

Well said, Tabula Rasa

I can see that using the word 'normal' threw the whole thing off. oops.

Don't forget I also said 'thoughtful' 'smart' 'caring' and 'sensitive'. My apologies to those of you who don't enjoy those descriptions either.

:)

I can see that using the word 'normal' threw the whole thing off. oops.

Don't forget I also said 'thoughtful' 'smart' 'caring' and 'sensitive'. My apologies to those of you who don't enjoy those descriptions either.

:)

LOL, no offense taken at all. Actually I really didn't give a serious answer to this thread, I don't think. There's another thread going on right now similar to this one. Leaving Christianity has had profound positive effects on me personally. I am a completely different person. And I now care much more about people, am much more compassionate, and much more likeable. I actually like myself now, whereas before I really pretty much hated my life. I come across as a snarky bitch quite often, but I am actually quite caring and sensitive. Just don't tell anyone.

Kel

It's a good cross-sectional representation of mankind in general.

Wow, I think that was deep.

Anyways, thanks and welcome.